• Yes

Votes: 125 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 27 17.8%

• Total voters

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
His daughter says she saw him shot dead after he was captured but then maybe she is just a lackey of the american imperialist dogs

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think he is dead but it seems strange the alleged facts on what happened change daily by official US Government announcements.

not that strange when you consider the original press report was very soon after the event probably with insufficent time to properly debrief and cross reference the SEAL squad stories, plus the inconvienence there were witnesses the US realised they wouldnt be able to get. so we have a pumped up "died in a hail of bullets" and human shield wife (which could have been genuine mistake or bit of propaganda) changed to "er yeah he was unarmed but slotted him anyway, bothered?".

im inclinded to beleive the revision as pretty accurate, mostly because it aint pretty. you will be hearing things about it being illegal/ war crime/murder etc in the coming weeks/years. maybe Pakistan will get clever and issue an interpol warrant for the SEAL team's arrest?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just spotted this:

Mr Carney said the administration had been monitoring world reaction and there was no doubt that al-Qaeda believed Bin Laden was dead.
He quoted Mr Obama as saying: "There are going to be some folks who deny it. The fact of the matter is, you won't see Bin Laden walking on this Earth again."

So presumably they have either chopped off both of his legs, or they've taken him to the moon?

My money is that they are taking off a limb each day just for fun. Won't be long before it's sausage time for the White house dog.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I reckon the septics took him away and have put him with the other aliens in Roswell !!
Now that's muddying up TWO conspiracy theories - any advance on two ?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I reckon the septics took him away and have put him with the other aliens in Roswell !!
Now that's muddying up TWO conspiracy theories - any advance on two ?

I reckon he's got his feet up just chillin with JFK both puffing on big monte christo cigars while biggie & tupac are busting out some old school freestyle rap with elvis chipping in with the chorus like a kind of live remix for them both...... Well thats what I think anyway

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Good riddance to bad rubbish, but the Americans really dont help themselves, when trying to do the right thing. No picture will be released as its a graphic picture of a large gaping head wound with brain matter. My first thought hearing that was "exit wound" ie execution. Dont care how the twat was killed, but they seem to manage to create conspiracy theories without much effort.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Good riddance to bad rubbish, but the Americans really dont help themselves, when trying to do the right thing. No picture will be released as its a graphic picture of a large gaping head wound with brain matter. My first thought hearing that was "exit wound" ie execution. Dont care how the twat was killed, but they seem to manage to create conspiracy theories without much effort.

That's just it isn't it ? There are a whole load of very good reasons for not having Bin Laden on a very public trial so not many people would blame the Americans for executing the man but the fact that they have been so vague and then gone back on what they originally said does make them look foolish, not for the first time either.

It it a pity that the all the effort put into planning and carrying out the operation didn't extend to how to handle the release of news as well. 99.9% certain he is very, extremely dead or I am sure Al Qeda would have wasted no time in producing evidence to the contrary.

I personally think that, whilst his death is hugely symbolic, particularly as it gives some form of "closure" to the U.S.A, the World is just as safe as it was before the mission - call me naive but I don't subscribe to the view that there are lots of his followers aching for revenge other than by emitting lots of angry noises.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And during the presidential campaign in 2012, when republicans are trying to draw doubt on Obama's achievement and whether Bin Laden is really dead, the photos will be released, sewing up his re-election.

(Some would argue getting him is enough, but with Fox News and the conservative media movement behind the republicans, and the complete ineptness of the Democratic PR/spin machine makes me believe even something like this won't guarantee Obama and the democrats success next year)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Fox news who managed to report President Obama was dead haha..... never seen a tv 'news' station that is so f***ed up, and constantly lying to its base audience. Sort of suggests even Fox realise their supporters are a bit thick.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Fox news who managed to report President Obama was dead haha..... never seen a tv 'news' station that is so f***ed up, and constantly lying to its base audience. Sort of suggests even Fox realise their supporters are a bit thick.

Well you know who owns Fox don't you ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No photos, no body, no proof. Bin Laden is now up there with Shergar, Lord Lucan and Elvis.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Mr Murdoch who is News Corp. who own, amongst many media, the Sun.

He also owns the New York Post which manages to make The Sun look positively intellectual by comparison.

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
It it a pity that the all the effort put into planning and carrying out the operation didn't extend to how to handle the release of news as well. 99.9% certain he is very, extremely dead or I am sure Al Qeda would have wasted no time in producing evidence to the contrary.

I personally think that, whilst his death is hugely symbolic, particularly as it gives some form of "closure" to the U.S.A, the World is just as safe as it was before the mission - call me naive but I don't subscribe to the view that there are lots of his followers aching for revenge other than by emitting lots of angry noises.

I think you are right. Will it make any difference anywhere? I don't think so. Was it the right way to handle things? I don't think so either!
Blogged this earlier today for those who are interested
Falling With Style: Osama Bin Laden & the vicious cycle of bad theology

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the reason why the photos haven't been released is because they'll show he was shot in the back of the head , execution style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here