Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it TIME to SACK Ken Brown ?

D

Deleted User X18H

my gawd I love you Ernest..............get rid of him and that fool Ray Bloom and his bloody coffee shops

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
this thread started off about Ken Brown........so what has happenend to him? with all the non stories currently appearing in the Argus surely KB can get some space near the back page on: ST sales, hopes for 08/09, big games this season, new kit, commercial opportunties, meet the players, fans forum, when we will get our STs, stickers on the SS seats, new sponsor,.........there must be something......or just make something up. Oh, I forgot, nothing happens when DK is on holiday because he has to rubber stamp everything!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
this thread started off about Ken Brown........so what has happenend to him? with all the non stories currently appearing in the Argus surely KB can get some space near the back page on: ST sales, hopes for 08/09, big games this season, new kit, commercial opportunties, meet the players, fans forum, when we will get our STs, stickers on the SS seats, new sponsor,.........there must be something......or just make something up. Oh, I forgot, nothing happens when DK is on holiday because he has to rubber stamp everything!

any news on or from KB yet?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I sat behind Ken Brown at Lord's last Saturday afternoon.

The golf commentator that is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dont believe Ken Brown exists. Has anyone seen him in the flesh?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt many people, myself included, question the fact that we had Kevin Keehan and Paul Rogers doing siimilar jobs that could be merged and acrried out by one man but TLO, amongst others, said this couldnt be done as there was too much work for one department to handle both aspects.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Didnt many people, myself included, question the fact that we had Kevin Keehan and Paul Rogers doing siimilar jobs that could be merged and acrried out by one man but TLO, amongst others, said this couldnt be done as there was too much work for one department to handle both aspects.

I think there is too much work for one person. I daresay Paul Rogers has some assistance, and to be honest, if he does, I don't know who it is / they are.

That department handles - in no particular order...

Ticket promotion (in association with the Ticketing Manager)
Heroes & Winners
The sponsors (including perimeter and kit sponsors)
The advertisers
The Friends of the Albion
All of the marketing and promotional material
The organisation of the Albion dinners
Hospitality on matchdays

... and some other stuff I'll think of later.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have thought that Paul Rogers was actually just head of the department, with 1 or 2 helpers not that he did it all personally.

Why get involved in ticket promotions when we already have a ticket manager.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would have thought that Paul Rogers was actually just head of the department, with 1 or 2 helpers not that he did it all personally.

Why get involved in ticket promotions when we already have a ticket manager.

It's only recently that a proper full-time ticket manager was put in place. It was previously done by someone else as part of their work.

He did have to be involved in promotions, but not sure he is to such a great extent now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am told by various people that they have had altercations with Ken Brown and that he is not the easiest of people to negotiate with but I have no actual knowledge myself. Has anybody had much dealing with him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here