Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it TIME to SACK Ken Brown ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Isnt it implied by saying 'We cant tell you where its coming from...' That it is in place?

Er, no. Why would the financial transaction be kept a secret if was already in place? There would be some kind of law that said you had to disclose your sources of funding within your accounts.

If they'd said 'we can't tell you where it came from...'

My point being that I dont think it is and ever was. Leading to my worry that there may (or may not be I concede) people being employed by the club that may not need to be, given their wages and apparent lack of impression.

'Apparent lack of impression'. Do you mean, 'you don't know what they do - or even that someone does it, and because it doesn't directly affect me, it's probably sod all'. If not, can you explain?

For instance - I am in semi-regular contact with Paul Rogers. Him and Kevin Keehan organise the increasingly popular Friends of the Albion business breakfasts. They are also responsible for Friends of the Albion, liasing with over 200 companies who are in the Friends of the Albion. They also organises things like the 1958/83 Albion Celebration Dinner, hospitality at home games, the runinng of Albion promotions like Heroes & Winners and Withdean Wager, selling match and ball sponsorship packages, selling Kit Sponsorship, the Kit Sponsors' do... Probably loads more stuff I can't think of just yet - and that's just the stuff I know about.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Er, no. Why would the financial transaction be kept a secret if was already in place? There would be some kind of law that said you had to disclose your sources of funding within your accounts.

If they'd said 'we can't tell you where it came from...'

'Apparent lack of impression'. Do you mean, 'you don't know what they do - or even that someone does it, and because it doesn't directly affect me, it's probably sod all'. If not, can you explain?

For instance - I am in semi-regular contact with Paul Rogers. Him and Kevin Keehan organise the increasingly popular Friends of the Albion business breakfasts. They are also responsible for Friends of the Albion, liasing with over 200 companies who are in the Friends of the Albion. They also organises things like the 1958/83 Albion Celebration Dinner, hospitality at home games, the runinng of Albion promotions like Heroes & Winners and Withdean Wager, selling match and ball sponsorship packages, selling Kit Sponsorship, the Kit Sponsors' do... Probably loads more stuff I can't think of just yet - and that's just the stuff I know about.

Yeah thatll be it.

1066gull

Thats right. Sack Ken Brown so we have Dick Knight controlling everything again. The idea for KB was to relieve DK and MP of certian duties.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just because Ken Brown keeps a low profile doesn't mean that he isnt working his nuts off trying to bring in additional revenue. Perhaps all the posters on NSC with all the brilliant ideas to bring in the dosh should tell the club rather than whinge.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Be fair to Ken Brown you cant expect any improvement until we have a decent side playing in a higher league, a number of one time regulars are of the same opinion, you could leave the gates open and they would pass on by.Its that shttp://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/images/smilies/mad.gif
:mad:erious.

D

Deleted User X18H

Brown out Ernest IN we want a Brightonian as head of the Albion not some cockney wide boy

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If DW could come across a player of a Zamora quality, I reckon we'd run the division.

We don't have that at the moment, and our strikers need two touches before they 'risk' a shot.

Know of any more Zamoras or Wards out there Ernest you Football Genius?

But isn't El-Abd the 'new Zamora', according to you?

:jester:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's probably escaped your notice that AeA is becoming, match by match, our best and most consistent player.
'Course it has

Actually, it hasn't. El-abd has been generally VERY GOOD since around October, although he's still prone to a few cock ups - e.g Yeovil.

Not sure about 'best' player, but most consistent? Along with Kuipers and Elphick, probably. :thumbsup:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
As someone pointed out on the phone in the other day, a big reason for the small attendances is the size of opposition.

Anyone know if attendances have fallen or risen in the Football League in the last five years?

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
You think Kevin Keehan can do the sales AND commercial job on his own?

You think Martin Perry can work full-time on the Falmer project from his office at Withdean with five other people AND run Brighton & Hove Albion on a day-to-day basis from the offices at North Road?

You think one physio can cater for 30-odd playing squad members?

Go on, how does it work?

Has Kevin Keehans post been advertised yet given that he left months ago and it is such an essential role within the club?

Go on, has it?

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Why not discover the facts first and then criticise if you feel it appropriate.

Why do you feel the need to criticise when, by your own admission, you know nothing of who does what, how much they are paid or if they are paid at all? (It is entirely piossible that some Directors are not employees and therefore do not get paid a salary.)

Still dont know so tell me.

Give me the facts.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I think you will find Dodge now has Keehans role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here