Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it TIME to SACK Ken Brown ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
What EXACTLY is this CLOWNS job ? I THOUGHT it was to FILL Withdean to the RAFTERS for every match but since he has BEEN here attendances have SLUMPED to all time LOWS.
He OBVIOUSLY isn't being paid on RESULTS so it is time Dick Tight did the RIGHT thing and SACKED this Millwall REJECT and EMPLOYED someone who MIGHT actually know what they are DOING.

BROWN OUT :angry::angry::angry:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im WITH Ernest.

I can FEEL another MASSIVE protest coming and is ABOUT TIME.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Leave him alone he does a cracking job as an on course commentator for the European Tour.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Ernest you are usually top entertainment, but on this one you are so wide of the mark, Ken Brown is one of the most positive things to happen at the Albion off the field in recent times.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Ernest you are usually top entertainment, but on this one you are so wide of the mark, Ken Brown is one of the most positive things to happen at the Albion off the field in recent times.

Explain please, because it looks like to me that at this club we have far to many Directors of this and Managers of that all taking wages that could be put towards a FOOTBALL Manager of some repute and ability and not just someone that got the job because he was cheap and had been lurking round the changing rooms for 20+ years save for a short break in Bognor?!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Explain please, because it looks like to me that at this club we have far to many Directors of this and Managers of that all taking wages that could be put towards a FOOTBALL Manager of some repute and ability and not just someone that got the job because he was cheap and had been lurking round the changing rooms for 20+ years save for a short break in Bognor?!

Too many?

Who would you get rid of?

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Too many?

Who would you get rid of?

What is the difference between a commercial manager and a sales manager for a start?

Why do we need a Managing Director and a Chief Executive for another?

Why have we got a fitness coach and 2 physios?

I wouldnt mind and good luck to them, but have the appointments been represented in a greater income and better performances on the pitch?

NO

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I usually agree with most things that Ernest says but on this occassion do not.

In The Argus Ken Brown highlights our major problem as regards supporters, we have lost at least one generation and now we have to target the 5 - 8 year olds who will cajole dad or in my case grandad to take them.

The whole crux of the matter re attandances is the preformance or lack of on the pitch. If we were in Swansea's position in the league we would be filling Withdean so perhaps those who wish to sack somebody should be examining the playing and management side of the team to see if improvements can be made there.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What is the difference between a commercial manager and a sales manager for a start?

I wouldnt mind and good luck to them, but have the appointments been represented in a greater income and better performances on the pitch?

NO
You think Kevin Keehan can do the sales AND commercial job on his own?

You think Martin Perry can work full-time on the Falmer project from his office at Withdean with five other people AND run Brighton & Hove Albion on a day-to-day basis from the offices at North Road?

You think one physio can cater for 30-odd playing squad members?

Go on, how does it work?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I usually agree with most things that Ernest says but on this occassion do not.

In The Argus Ken Brown highlights our major problem as regards supporters, we have lost at least one generation and now we have to target the 5 - 8 year olds who will cajole dad or in my case grandad to take them.

The whole crux of the matter re attandances is the preformance or lack of on the pitch. If we were in Swansea's position in the league we would be filling Withdean so perhaps those who wish to sack somebody should be examining the playing and management side of the team to see if improvements can be made there.
It's not even as simple as that.

You highlight a very pertinent point, but for me, it's still the excessive cost of getting into Withdean which is the killer. One point in case, the Gillingham game (£10 a ticket) was a home sell-out. According to Ken Brown last week, the number of returns since then for the re-arranged game? SEVEN.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

NO

Why not discover the facts first and then criticise if you feel it appropriate.

Why do you feel the need to criticise when, by your own admission, you know nothing of who does what, how much they are paid or if they are paid at all? (It is entirely piossible that some Directors are not employees and therefore do not get paid a salary.)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't see how ANY Chief Executive could fill a stadium like ours with 4 wins in 16 from the team on the pitch.

There are some things about the club that fans won't have a clue about, and this is one of them.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
You think Kevin Keehan can do the sales AND commercial job on his own?

You think Martin Perry can work full-time on the Falmer project with five other people AND run Brighton & Hove Albion on a day-to-day basis?

You think one physio can cater for 30-odd playing squad members?

Go on, how does it work?

Yes why not? Where is this massive influx of commercial business coming from? There isnt any is there? What has changed since this posts were created? Still no money, still struggle to get match sponsors etc.

We have been assured that the funding was always in place for Falmer but couldnt be revealed. This is clearly utter bollocks which is why fingers are being pulled out now. Its common knowledge that we approached the National Lottery for funding. Its obvious that its gonna come down to a whip round and who can dig the footings on sunday, concrete them on monday and so on.

What has Ken Brown actually acheived in his what 6 months with the club?

The physio comment was flippant really, I mean now we are taking other clubs crocks to keep our own company, I confidently expect another 6 to be appointed in the near future.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
To me it seems that the only reason people are on Ken Brown's back is that he keeps himself to himself and doesn't go and discuss his job or what is going on in the media. To me that is good management, you don't go round hearing Chief Executives going on and on about what's internal within a club do you ???

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Yes why not? Where is this massive influx of commercial business coming from? There isnt any is there? What has changed since this posts were created? Still no money, still struggle to get match sponsors etc.

We have been assured that the funding was always in place for Falmer but couldnt be revealed. This is clearly utter bollocks which is why fingers are being pulled out now. Its common knowledge that we approached the National Lottery for funding. Its obvious that its gonna come down to a whip round and who can dig the footings on sunday, concrete them on monday and so on.

What has Ken Brown actually acheived in his what 6 months with the club?

The physio comment was flippant really, I mean now we are taking other clubs crocks to keep our own company, I confidently expect another 6 to be appointed in the near future.

I now realise that this is another wind-up.

As you say ... "clearly utter bollocks".

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Why not discover the facts first and then criticise if you feel it appropriate.

Why do you feel the need to criticise when, by your own admission, you know nothing of who does what, how much they are paid or if they are paid at all? (It is entirely piossible that some Directors are not employees and therefore do not get paid a salary.)

If you know so much about facts tell me this -

Where have I admitted or stated taht I know nothing of who does what, how much they are paid or if they are paid at all?

I do feel it appropriate to criticise because I see the football club that I have supported all my life going down the tubes and we are straightning the deckchairs on the Titanic - if you get my drift.

You seem to know everything so I expect you will.

Is that O.K with you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here