Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to 'pull up the drawbridge'?

Should we stop new registrations on NSC?

• Yep - keep 'em out

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • No - we should continue to welcome the noobs and JCLs.

Votes: 112 78.3%

• Total voters

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
No we should continue to let any idiot join that wants to, it brings a little smile to my otherwise dull life and if we get rid of the dross then who would we poke fun at.

Out of interest what is the growth of NSC membership over the years?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
When NSC looked like Microsoft Explorer with a series of folders year and years ago and you had to click into and drop down on the folders, anyone could post anything and choose their username for each different post.

Whats different now? They could spout crap back then and they can now - this is without a doubt the best internet forums I'm part of, there are a few others I post on that get about 10 posts a day if that!!.

Thing is as the football is good we've taken to threads on other topics. Just wait til we're crap again and it'll return to normal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why not have a poll at the end of each month where we can place votes for that month's newbies which we want banned. The 50% with the most votes get banned for life. This way we're left with the 'best' of that month's bunch.

Obviously they'd be restrictions on who could vote. Democracy is a dangerous weapon in the hands of the general public.

Maybe throw a random wild card in from time to time to spice it up a bit.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why not have a poll at the end of each month where we can place votes for that month's newbies which we want banned. The 50% with the most votes get banned for life. This way we're left with the 'best' of that month's bunch.

Obviously they'd be restrictions on who could vote. Democracy is a dangerous weapon in the hands of the general public.

Maybe throw a random wild card in from time to time to spice it up a bit.
This has merit. Perhaps the votes of posters with 8,000+ posts could count double?

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
It is simple really.

Why not ask each person if they ever saw Peter Ward play ?

If they say "No" then they can F*ck Off - as obviously they are not a real Albion fan, or is it number of posts that is important ?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Right, as a newcomer myself (and can I ask what a JCL is, please?) I don't like the idea of 'pulling up the drawbridge'. Before I came on here I was on another Albion chat board - and there just wasn't enough traffic to keep it interesting. Now there are some posters on here, the real old-stagers, many of whom actually seem to know each other (not just on here, but in real life) - that's fine too - but it's not an exclusive chat board just for a select few, is it? Would you really want that?
One sensible idea that I've seen on here, if newbies starting threads becomes a serious issue, would be to let them post when they join, but not to start threads for, say, a month.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I've noticed a few newbie / JCLs crawling out of the woodwork recently. Over the coming months, that trend is likely to continue.

Before we know it, NSC could be awash with unfamiliar names spouting all manner of crap. (Note: all manner of crap from familiar names is expected)

Is is time to turn off the registration function of NSC, and keep things how they are?
Actuallt the problem is all you dick tight lovers of whom can't accept your not as special anymore.

I've noticed on here many who felt wanted during the bad days getting frustrated as they,ve become just a number like the rest of us.

Time to move on and accept times are changing:D

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All should be welcome unless they over-step the mark... there are good and bad posters - both new and old...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
You can't keep newcomers at bay. Of the 100 or so who might join per month, one or two will be outstanding thinkers and producers of novel or interesting crud. That has to be better than none at all. A closed environment of greying veterans and their intensely samey goings-on would be thoroughly drab. Less of the same is always a relief.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No. This week for example we had the post from the Plymouth fan in relation to their financial circumstances.

If we had the drawbridge up in 1997, would there have been Fans United, and would there be an Albion today?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
One sensible idea that I've seen on here, if newbies starting threads becomes a serious issue, would be to let them post when they join, but not to start threads for, say, a month.

...........which again would have prevented the Plymouth fan being able to highlight the potential destruction of their club. I say no.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
...........which again would have prevented the Plymouth fan being able to highlight the potential destruction of their club. I say no.

So maybe the answer is that the MODS can "veto" any new thread submitted from any newbie.

Therefor the plymouth thing would be allowed but someone saying "I just saw Ronaldo in Churchill Square talking to Tony Bloom and he signs by 5pm Friday" can be stopped BEFORE it appears on the main board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here