Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brighton the best place outside London for clubbing?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Liverpool is really good BUT unfortunately it suffers from the same problem as most northern cities, on a Friday/Saturday, they all want you to be dressed up. To be honest, Brighton is the only place in the UK of any notable size where you can get in to pretty much everywhere on pretty much every night wearing trainers and for that reason I really like it. Plus, there are some things that other places don't ahve such as the beach (I mean the actual beach, not the club) for example (obviously, Nottingham is going to struggle to have one). The beach after the clubs have kicked out is qulaity in the summer. Brighton doesn't have any big clubs on the scale of an Oceania (sp?) or whatever but that doesn't matter so much. It is the attitude of the punters which marks it out as a good night for me.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
chez said:
Clubbing in Brixtan!!!!! Your having a laugh, I wouldnt have the balls to go in one there.

Brighton used to be the best place for clubbing back in the early 90's when the dance scene was at its height. Unfortunatly the R&B scene has since taken over and now Brighton is pretty average IMHO. Newcastle rates quite high on my list.

Whats wrong with Clubbing in Brixtan? Just going to prove you know nothing about London.

Some quality clubs there, I can think of at least 6, frequented by on the whole quality people.

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think its that great. It does have some good clubs but there are some fantastic clubs in the north in Manchester, Leeds and, Liverpool etc, which IMO have much better atmospheres than those in Brighton.

The best on the south coast yes definitely, in the UK no way.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Albion Dan said:
You have no clue what you are talking about Popkins. You didnt find a club becasue you are effectively a London Tourist and dont know where to go. I never dress up smart for clubs and go to a different one about every other week.

London is the best city for Clubbing, possibly in the World! Brixtan on its own probably has as many clubs as Brighton, and youd not have to dress smart in any!

Well said that man.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Mr Popkins said:
London is shit for clubbing in my opinion, too expensive and too poncey, most have a shitty dress code as well!

You'll find one thing in London.

If it has a dress code. You probably don't want to go there.

I don't know of many Londoners that will venture into the west end on a weekend to go clubbing and if they do, they'll settle on a venue very early. If you want to go out, as a general rule of thumb for North Londoners, it's OldStreet/Camden/Islington/Shoreditch. For South Londoners, it's Clapham/Brixton.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Id actually add Kings Cross to that list too, I went to The Egg a while back and was very impressed and you can add to that The Cross, Canvas and The Key.

And lets not forget Farringdon!

The best club in the West End is The End, hands down!

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
The stuff about dress code applies in most places. On the whole if I have to be wearing shoes to get into somewhere I'll give it a miss and find somewhere more laid back.

BTW, does the Pav Tav still ahve an indie/retro night on a Saturday?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Albion Dan said:
You have no clue what you are talking about Popkins. You didnt find a club becasue you are effectively a London Tourist and dont know where to go. I never dress up smart for clubs and go to a different one about every other week.

London is the best city for Clubbing, possibly in the World! Brixtan on its own probably has as many clubs as Brighton, and youd not have to dress smart in any!

sorry i have to disagree slightly. london is not the best in world IMO. ibiza is class and you dont have to dress up there are some amazing clubs and class people and miami too. brighton is very good for clubbing these days and you get some good nights. concorde has some good nights and so does audio. honey club now has twice monthly of hed kandi which is now one of the biggest house nights in the country.

i like london and brixton has some good nights, most clubs in london you dont have to dress smartly for except pacha probably depends what music your into as to what sort of crowd it attracts

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Brighton? Best place outside London for clubbing in the UK? Ha ha ha ha ha. No chance. Never in a million years. All the clubs shut far too early and there are only about three that are worth going to (although I suppose it depends what you're after.) Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Leeds, Newcastle and Glasgow are all streets ahead of Brighton. Don't get me wrong, I love it here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the UK, but virtually every big city has a better clubbing scene than Brighton. As Albion Dan said, Brixton has a better scene than Brighton and it's not exactly a huge place, is it?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Albion Dan said:
Whats wrong with Clubbing in Brixtan? Just going to prove you know nothing about London.

Some quality clubs there, I can think of at least 6, frequented by on the whole quality people.

I remember one I went to in Brixton called Ceasars. £25.00 entrance and everything you can eat and drink free. Some right sluts in there I'll tell ya. Then remember an un-official coloured taxi driven at break neck speeds by a local coloured guy. I actually threw up in the back of his car and my mate fell asleep with a lit fag. I'm so glad the driver was none the wiser....don't think I'd be here to tell the story if he was

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Barnet Seagull said:
Oh dear. That's a shame. ;)

i agree its not everyones cup of tea however the queue for it is horrendous to when i started going.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
caz99 said:
sorry i have to disagree slightly. london is not the best in world IMO. ibiza is class and you dont have to dress up there are some amazing clubs and class people and miami too.

I did only say Possibly, and will give you Ibiza, but Miami is possibly the most pretentious shit hole I have ever had the misfortune to visit and would NO way have that up there on the list. San Fransisco is way ahead if we are talking about the States.

Oh and Hed Kandi is well past its sell by date!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
chez said:
Clubbing in Brixtan!!!!! Your having a laugh, I wouldnt have the balls to go in one there.

Why not? I've been out clubbing in Brixton on more than one occasion and have performed at MASS as well. I think it's a great place to go out, and would encourage people to give it a go.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Albion Dan said:
I did only say Possibly, and will give you Ibiza, but Miami is possibly the most pretentious shit hole I have ever had the misfortune to visit and would NO way have that up there on the list. San Fransisco is way ahead if we are talking about the States.

Oh and Hed Kandi is well past its sell by date!

umm to some maybe. san francisco possibly. depends what music your into doesnt it. i like defected as well but thats at ministry and ministry is pants. turnmills is a good club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here