Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brighton the best place outside London for clubbing?

The Northstander said:
Up your Ronson is the best Friday nighter I have ever been to. Sadly it no longer exists, Back to Basics is still running strong with a great crowd.

Leeds is a good night out with some clubs going right through until Sunday 9am? ? :shootself

:clap:

I went to Back to Basics on its opening night ....arrrrrrrrrrrrrr they were the days:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

LC

The Bandit

Oct 31, 2004
Sunderland
smudge said:
I think you may have an axe to grind though mate! I think the toon is quality, as are most large Northern cities & towns.

You've got far too much clacker up there & they're all "friendlier" than southern ladies. (Sorry girls, but it's true!)

Seriously mate no axe to grind. I hate the football team but have worked and played in Newcastle for many years. The pubs are good but in all honesty the clubs are shite!

Most visitors go to Ba-ja but once you've been there once or twice its enough.

The only 'real' club in the city is Foundation (home of Shindig).

As for my home town, Sunderland, - well the pubs are fantastic but the nightclubs are terrible. Hopefully it will change as currently they are building two 2,500+ capacity clubs. (Not that bigger is necessarily better)

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
It seems up north that Late bars are now becoming the trend, super trendy bars open until 2 or 3am with live dj's rather than going to a club and paying the entrance fee!!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The Northstander said:
It seems up north that Late bars are now becoming the trend, super trendy bars open until 2 or 3am with live dj's rather than going to a club and paying the entrance fee!!

I like that idea. I hate the queueing & interrogation from bouncers.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Clubbing in Brighton is alright. More laid back than places like Nottingham which, as a night out, is up there with the best but you don't really want to be walking round the Market Square at kicking out time because it's full on NUTJOBS.

Rewind 4/5 years at Brighton was the nuts with Knowledge of Self, Meltdown and Legends of the Dark Black at their peak and a distinct lack of poseurs. All change now, you can't find a decent d'n'b night that's not been infiltrated by little townie wankers who do nothing but stand there and look mean.

Give me Hospitality at Herbal, Old Street anytime.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Clubbing in Brighton is alright. More laid back than places like Nottingham which, as a night out, is up there with the best but you don't really want to be walking round the Market Square at kicking out time because it's full on NUTJOBS.

Rewind 4/5 years at Brighton was the nuts with Knowledge of Self, Meltdown and Legends of the Dark Black at their peak and a distinct lack of poseurs. All change now, you can't find a decent d'n'b night that's not been infiltrated by little townie wankers who do nothing but stand there and look mean.

Give me Hospitality at Herbal, Old Street anytime.

Spot on mate. Although I've never really liked Meltdownn. Legends at the Concorde used to be the best D+B night in the country in my book, and I've been to quite a few.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Me and my mates would go to Meltdown every month, take a few little fellas and dance the night away. It was one of those nights you just knew was going to be excellent, it was like home for a few months, Darrison was the boy.

You'd walk in and he'd welcome you..'Another month has past, welcome to M-m-m-meltown, Meltdown, listen to our sounds.' Funking marvellous mights. I'll never forget those times, it sounds a bit gay but it was when it all would click into place automatically when you didn't care about anything.

I'm gonna shut up now because i sound lke a spaz but those were our times.

I f***ing love drum and bass sometimes.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think for DnB nights Ram Records or Progression sessions at The End used to take some beating, and then there is Movement at Bar Rhumba.

In my opinion DnB is on a fast downward spiral though, last few nights Ive been to have been way to fast and more about noise than quality tunage. Though Fabio at the Groove Armada party on Clapham Common with MC Moose in the Summer was Quality.

The liquid stuff is far better than anything else about right now.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
All the nights in Brighton are about Ray Keith and Rider and Brickoe and shit.

Gone are the days when Marky and Zinc and Hype used to coe down and the nigts were actaully FUN. If you don't like gurning you tits off then d'n'b nights aren't for you anymore.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Albion Dan said:
I think for DnB nights Ram Records or Progression sessions at The End used to take some beating, and then there is Movement at Bar Rhumba.

In my opinion DnB is on a fast downward spiral though, last few nights Ive been to have been way to fast and more about noise than quality tunage. Though Fabio at the Groove Armada party on Clapham Common with MC Moose in the Summer was Quality.

The liquid stuff is far better than anything else about right now.

Disagree. Don't like Fabio. The tunes that Pendulum are coming up with at the moment are something else. 'Vault' and 'Back to you', f***ing brilliant. And the Pendulum remix of Virus' 'Bacteria'. Quality. Depends what you like, I suppose. (Andy / Mampi with Shabba / Fearless all the way.)

onlyaboho

Oct 4, 2004
either Leeds or Manchester is a great night out but for sheer cheese, you can't beat cahoots by the north pier in blackpool...

with the glass floor you can stand under:lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
All the nights in Brighton are about Ray Keith and Rider and Brickoe and shit.

Gone are the days when Marky and Zinc and Hype used to coe down and the nigts were actaully FUN. If you don't like gurning you tits off then d'n'b nights aren't for you anymore.

I reckon Hype has lost it a bit. Been overtaken by Zinc / Swift / Andy C / Friction. He doesn't have the same appeal anymore. Mate, I bet I've bumped into you in a state at Meltdown / Legends a few times!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The best set ever (and apparently it's legendary but me and my maet thoguht it was just us taht realised how genius it is) is a set by Andy C and Fearless on NYE 2000 at one nation. It's incredibly mixed and Fearless was on fire.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Commander said:
I reckon Hype has lost it a bit. Been overtaken by Zinc / Swift / Andy C / Friction. He doesn't have the same appeal anymore. Mate, I bet I've bumped into you in a state at Meltdown / Legends a few times!

Probably.

Friction is fast becoming one of the better dj's.

All about Zinc IMO but you can't ever doubt the guvnor, Andy C.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Probably.

Friction is fast becoming one of the better dj's.

All about Zinc IMO but you can't ever doubt the guvnor, Andy C.

Saw him on saturday with Shabba, Moose and Foxy at SE1. f***ing brilliant. Still recovering now. Sounds stupid being only 22 but I reckon I'm getting too old for it. Better off having a few beers these days I think. (Although I have been saying this for the last two years and nothing seems to change.)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Commander said:
Saw him on saturday with Shabba, Moose and Foxy at SE1. f***ing brilliant. Still recovering now. Sounds stupid being only 22 but I reckon I'm getting too old for it. Better off having a few beers these days I think. (Although I have been saying this for the last two years and nothing seems to change.)

I know exactly what you mean, I think it's a phase people go though after a few years of serious nights out. You'll recover it I reckon. I've even started listening to country music recently.

onlyaboho

Oct 4, 2004
west street is FULL of dirty chavs all weekend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here