Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Goal Celebration - front of the Daily Mirror

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Reading the Daily Mirror at college during spare time, this was on the front page.

Daily Mirror said:
The mum of two young boys killed by a drunken soccer star last night branded David Norris’s sick goal celebration an “insult” to their memory.

Amanda Peak spoke of her anger over the arrogant Ipswich midfielder’s show of solidarity with jailed goalie Luke McCormick by making a handcuffed wrists sign

And she demanded club officials axe the 26-year-old player for his appalling gesture that was witnessed by nearly 8,000 stunned fans.

83EB553A-0BC6-7735-49A4A7C08481117A.jpg

Now to be honest, I don't really understand what she's moaning at, is it not right for Luke McCormack to actually have friends, or because of what he did, are they all meant to disown him? Just for a player to score a goal, and then say 'Hey mate, that's for you, we're all thinking about you', what's wrong with that.

Silly woman :nono:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Now to be honest, I don't really understand what she's moaning at, is it not right for Luke McCormack to actually have friends, or because of what he did, are they all meant to disown him? Just for a player to score a goal, and then say 'Hey mate, that's for you, we're all thinking about you', what's wrong with that.
Why doesn't he just say that?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Disagree with you VERY strongly. If that was the thinking behind his clebration, then he is a complete COCK.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
the point is that the player can support his teammate without going too far, shocking the crowd and bringing negative attention to the situation.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
It's not exactly the most sensible thing to do is it. If he wants to support his friend do it privately, go visit him, but to do that is quite disrespectful.

Last edited:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Am I missing something? Norris plays for Ipswich. Didn't McCormick play for Plymouth? Did they used to play for the same club at some time? Or is this poor woman adding 2+2 to get 58?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Bit inappropriate thing to do now isn't it. Why even do it? It's not like the lad in jail is even going to be watching it:shrug:

Put yourself in the woman's shoes, I bet you wouldn't be too happy.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Am I missing something? Norris plays for Ipswich. Didn't McCormick play for Plymouth? Did they used to play for the same club at some time?
Yes.

According to the reports it was Norris' wedding he got pissed at. :shrug:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Am I missing something? Norris plays for Ipswich. Didn't McCormick play for Plymouth? Did they used to play for the same club at some time? Or is this poor woman adding 2+2 to get 58?

Norris joined Ipswich from Plymouth last season:thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stupid thing to do.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Reading the Daily Mirror at college during spare time, this was on the front page.

Doing that as part of a goal celebration is 100% inappropriate though, and a pretty stupid thing to do.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Totally disagree. It was a brainless, childish, insensitive and completely unnecessary gesture.

Of course McCormick's mates don't have to disown him but to glorify him by stupid public gestures is simply wrong. He got what he deserved, that woman didn't.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Think I read some where that the the wedding the guy was travelling back from when the crash happened was the Ipswich fellas.

Pretty insensitive IMO.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If that is indeed a handcuff sign he's making for McCormick, then he a complete and utter NOBBER with a dried up turd where his brain should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here