Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Goal Celebration - front of the Daily Mirror

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No. Tim Cahill's brother went down for GBH after kicking a bloke in the head twice, partly blinding him. He also fled to Austrialia while on bail, and had to be extradited back here to face sentencing.

He's doing 6 years.

It's different for Cahill, as he comes from a continent of CONVICTS

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't think it matters if the Mirror picked up on it or why he did it or if anyone else saw it or understood why he did it. I just hope he has the balls to contact the family personally to apologise. No one has mentioned this - he f***ed up (I hope at least he realises that by now) and he needs to apologise to them, in person.

God I hope no one here can relate to what they are going through and the most important thing is that Norris now tries to reduce the hurt the family must be feeling.

By the way, here are the two lads that we killed. Let's hope the family can learn to live with it in the end. Her actual response to the newspaper was very balanced - even if the way the Mirror dealt with it was not.

article-0-01C2C76C00000578-912_468x286.jpg

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If say your best mate unfortunatley had a car crash, and killed two minors, would you neglect him and jump on the bandwagon, or actually stick by your best mate?

I think the answer is no.

My answer is YES.

There is NO excuse for drink driving.

Killing two kids into the bargain? I hope McWanker is getting the shit kicked out of him inside and it would be nice if someone finished him off into the bargain.

SCUM.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent. Now I'm not JUDGING the man - we all deal with grief differently, but does it not strike anyone else, that a replica Manchester United shirt is an odd choice of attire to your children's funeral?

I know the kid liked United and that, but even so. Would you not wish to be a bit more respectful?

I know what you are saying, but at that age kids can be sooooo into stuff that it may have seemed perfectly appropriate. The photo of the family that was released the boy was in a Man Utd shirt, and at that age I was forever in blue and white stripes.

I also noticed from that photo of the funeral that everyone seemed to be wearing red, so maybe that was what they asked of people, it's not just the dad showing up in a footie shirt, but red / Man Utd was perhaps what they asked people to wear.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent. Now I'm not JUDGING the man - we all deal with grief differently, but does it not strike anyone else, that a replica Manchester United shirt is an odd choice of attire to your children's funeral?

I know the kid liked United and that, but even so. Would you not wish to be a bit more respectful?

Not at all. In fact watching the BBC News that night, everyone was dressed in
bright red clothing. A lot had Man U shirts on. The kids were even buried with Man U kits on.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Reading the Daily Mirror at college during spare time, this was on the front page.

83EB553A-0BC6-7735-49A4A7C08481117A.jpg

Now to be honest, I don't really understand what she's moaning at, is it not right for Luke McCormack to actually have friends, or because of what he did, are they all meant to disown him? Just for a player to score a goal, and then say 'Hey mate, that's for you, we're all thinking about you', what's wrong with that.

Silly woman :nono:

I listened to the girl and her husband on radio 2 dinner time and if you had too you would know why what he done was wrong McCormack killed two little lads and ruined many peoples lives because of his stupidity and the thing that makes it even worse is that he had everything to look forward to in life those two people spoke on the radio with so much dignity and bravery its a pity that the Ipswich player cannot understand what McCormack has done.
personally if I supported Ipswich and he did not apologize to the family publicly then that would be sadly the last time I watched them the man is an ignorant,unfeeling idiot and should have his contract terminated

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know what you are saying, but at that age kids can be sooooo into stuff that it may have seemed perfectly appropriate. The photo of the family that was released the boy was in a Man Utd shirt, and at that age I was forever in blue and white stripes.

I also noticed from that photo of the funeral that everyone seemed to be wearing red, so maybe that was what they asked of people, it's not just the dad showing up in a footie shirt, but red / Man Utd was perhaps what they asked people to wear.

Not at all. In fact watching the BBC News that night, everyone was dressed in
bright red clothing. A lot had Man U shirts on. The kids were even buried with Man U kits on.

Err. It hadn't escaped me that they were all in red, no.

Still find it odd.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Well done Ipswich :)

STATEMENT FROM IPSWICH TOWN
Posted on: Mon 10 Nov 2008
Ipswich Town Football Club held a formal internal review today with David Norris regarding his actions following his goal in the game against Blackpool this weekend.

Whilst the Club has heard David's explanation that his gesture was in no way intended to condone or support the actions of his friend Luke McCormick, he was found to have been insensitive to the possible interpretation that such a gesture may create.

David Norris has subsequently been fined by Ipswich Town Football Club, and warned about his future conduct.

An Ipswich Town spokesperson said: "David deeply regrets that his actions have been wrongly interpreted and has today written a personal and private letter of regret to Mr and Mrs Peak. In hearing the player's explanation, the Club also regrets the potential for misinterpretation of the gesture and would like to make a donation to an appropriate charity, equal to the fine imposed on the player."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well done Ipswich.
Now f*** off Norris and concentrate on growing a brain, you ignorant bumpkin.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
With regards to the Man U shirt, I see your point about it being odd, but every funeral is different, and some people don't like to dress in black but instead to dress uniquely and perhaps the way the person/people would of wanted.

I recently went to a funeral, and we were asked to wear something silver, something unique to the person.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
If he was really making a statement about his drunk driving mate then he should have mimed drinking a bottle of vodka then held a pretend steering wheel and run in a zig zag stylee up the pitch and "crashed into the family enclosure.

I'm glad you beat me to that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here