Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Goal Celebration - front of the Daily Mirror

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If he was really making a statement about his drunk driving mate then he should have mimed drinking a bottle of vodka then held a pretend steering wheel and run in a zig zag stylee up the pitch and "crashed into the family enclosure.

Penis.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How very CARING of the Mirror to phone up the mother to get a quote from her though. What Norris did was unnecessary, but does it warrant being on the front page of a scabloid paper, or are they just shit stirring for a change.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Cahills brother just went down for Robbery I think I remember hearing, don't think he killed anyone.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
And she demanded club officials axe the 26-year-old player for his appalling gesture that was witnessed by nearly 8,000 stunned fans.

What a crock of shit. It was probably witnessed by 8,000 who didn't have a clue at the time, and even now probably couldn't care less. Stunned fans my arse.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
As I said, I added those pictures but forgot to add a jester sign.

I dont for one minute condone this type of behaviour BUT there is nowhere that is explaining what Norris did.

If it was to show his support for McCormick, then yes it was an idiotic thing to do, but at the moment, everyone one here is just ASSUMING that is what he was doing and villifying him and starting a bandwaggon rolling, for no apparent reason*

*at time of me writing this

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
If it wasn't for the Daily Mirror, then she wouldn't have even known anything about it?

How hypercritical are they?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
How very CARING of the Mirror to phone up the mother to get a quote from her though. What Norris did was unnecessary, but does it warrant being on the front page of a scabloid paper, or are they just shit stirring for a change.

Exactly El Pres

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If it wasn't for the Daily Mirror, then she wouldn't have even known anything about it?

One thing being wrong doesn't automatically make the other right.

The media are shit stirring. David Norris is a div.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

yes those 7000 people who saw would probably not have noticed either if it wasnt for the Tabloid Scum Journos.

f***ing hell I am no fan but that is lunacy to say doing it in front of an entire football crowd would have gone unnoticed without the press's intervention.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is her actual quote from the BBC

"Fair enough, you're going to show your support, go to prison to see him, write him letters, make phone calls to him, but don't do things like that.

"We're trying hard not to hate Luke McCormick at the moment, but people like David Norris are making it very difficult to do that."

Not quite what the Mirror said is it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I heard about this for the first time on 5 Live this morning. They did indeed highlight...

i) Seemingly no-one at the game thought any ill of the celebration, so making no connection with the McCormick incident.

ii) No fan messageboards (which they described as a barometer for feeling) had any mention of it at all.

...until the newspaper article this morning.

They did also say that Norris had revealed it was a private 'message' for a friend. So nothing to do with X Factor it seems.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
This is her actual quote from the BBC

"Fair enough, you're going to show your support, go to prison to see him, write him letters, make phone calls to him, but don't do things like that.

"We're trying hard not to hate Luke McCormick at the moment, but people like David Norris are making it very difficult to do that."

Not quite what the Mirror said is it?

which translates to

Fair enough, you're going to show your support, go to prison to see him, write him letters, make phone calls to him, and do things like that you complete animal, you make me sick. You should be banned from football forever and give your wages to me.

We hate Luke McCormick at the moment, and always will for the rest of my life. People like David Norris are making it very easy to do that.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

When questioning what Norris did, the Mirror article is completely irelevant. Of course the Mirror are shit-stirring - that's what the tabloids do - but what they said doesn't negate what he did, which was completely out-of-order.

Your original post was nothing to do with the Mirror's dubious role in this - you implied that what Norris did was OK and the woman was wrong. As you will have seen, the majority of posters on this thread do not agree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here