Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Goal Celebration - front of the Daily Mirror

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
what did he do then? where does anything quote Norris explaining what he did?

The Sun:

Last night Norris denied making a handcuff gesture. He said in a statement: “It wasn’t a handcuff sign, it was a private message.

“But I can see how people might have seen it like that and I apologise wholeheartedly if it has caused any offence. Luke’s a good friend of mine. But he made a massive mistake and he is rightly paying the price for it.”

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Your original post was nothing to do with the Mirror's dubious role in this - you implied that what Norris did was OK and the woman was wrong. As you will have seen, the majority of posters on this thread do not agree with you.

Wrong, I was merely making the statement that if somebody does something, does that mean that the said person has to lose all their friends and life because of what happened?

If say your best mate unfortunatley had a car crash, and killed two minors, would you neglect him and jump on the bandwagon, or actually stick by your best mate?

Being 18, I know someone from my school year who was a very close friend of mine, who unfortunatley was involved in a car crash and pleaded not guilty to C.D.B.D.D. - does that mean I and all his other friends should neglect him?

I think the answer is no.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cahills brother just went down for Robbery I think I remember hearing, don't think he killed anyone.

No. Tim Cahill's brother went down for GBH after kicking a bloke in the head twice, partly blinding him. He also fled to Austrialia while on bail, and had to be extradited back here to face sentencing.

He's doing 6 years.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
what did he do then? where does anything quote Norris explaining what he did?

I was responding to RM-T who started the thread by accepting that Norris made the gesture, but defended it.

If Norris did not make the gesture, or it was nothing to do with McCormick, then this thread, including my comments, becomes irrelevant.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Wrong, I was merely making the statement that if somebody does something, does that mean that the said person has to lose all their friends and life because of what happened?

If say your best mate unfortunatley had a car crash, and killed two minors, would you neglect him and jump on the bandwagon, or actually stick by your best mate?

Being 18, I know someone from my school year who was a very close friend of mine, who unfortunatley was involved in a car crash and pleaded not guilty to C.D.B.D.D. - does that mean I and all his other friends should neglect him?

The point isn't whether they should stick by him, I don't think anyone's saying that he should now no longer have any friends, but it was the way in which he (alledgegly) chose to show his support that is being questioned.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

Attachments

• norris.jpg
    norris.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 119

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The point isn't whether they should stick by him, I don't think anyone's saying that he should now no longer have any friends, but it was the way in which he (alledgegly) chose to show his support that is being questioned.

Exactly.
Norris has every right to stand by his mate, thats his personal choice. But to go and make public handcuff gestures, deliberately using the media to get a message of support to McCormick while a family is still grieving, is the actions of a sick, brainless twat.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

I agree with everything you say there, but you seemed to be defending what Norris did as a public gesture in front of thousands of fans. At the very least it was disrespectful to a bereaved family.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
[QUOTE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bit inappropriate thing to do now isn't it. Why even do it? It's not like the lad in jail is even going to be watching it][/QUOTE]

they do have tv in prison you know!

on a more serious matter, Norris should be punished and charged by the FA for bringing the game into disripute. Its almost like he is condoning what has been done.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Let's just hope a drunk driver doesn't kill any members of his family then. :tosser::tosser::tosser:

Shame the judges don't apply the full sentencing powers to idiots that choose to drink/drive and especially those that kill or maim.

At least they are still using phrases like "it is believed that Norris......." instead of "Norris dun it innit"

It is very dodgy ground, but if it is a tribute to a mate in prison, why the big smile? ???

* it still looks the X Factor thing, maybe he was friends with Laura White, as its a Bolton connection

Maybe it's his tribute to Adam Ant.

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No. Tim Cahill's brother went down for GBH after kicking a bloke in the head twice, partly blinding him. He also fled to Austrialia while on bail, and had to be extradited back here to face sentencing.

He's doing 6 years.

Ah ok my mistake, could have sworn it was robbery.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The sheer stupidity of footballers really is beyond belief.

What an utter knobjockey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here