Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 5

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was just about to post this.

I have an iphone, and agree with everything in this article.

I agree with some of it, while some of it is distorting facts to support an argument/view.

Like "The Galaxy S3 is outselling the iPhone in some countries."

SOME. Take that in. That's not impressive at all if you think about it. That would suggest that the iPhone is still comfortably outselling the S3 in most territories.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
SOME. Take that in. That's not impressive at all if you think about it. That would suggest that the iPhone is still comfortably outselling the S3 in most territories.

Which isn't bad for a phone that is going to be obsolete in about two hours time

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
To be realistic, anybody with at least a single drop of technology knowledge would know by how superior android is over the Iphone.

First of all, hardware. For the price of an iPhone 4G (Which has a processor piece that is really weak), you can get an S3 or One X, which offer around 6 times the power of the 4G.

Second, OS. I agree that iOS is far more stable than Android, but the great thing is that Android is YOUR very own unlocked device. Once you buy it, you are allowed to do whatever you want with it, with only the radical activities would break the warranty bond. This is great for people experienced with modifying system and such.

Also, iPhone is ridiculously bad for small time software developers. You have to pay 10 times more dollars (99,99) just to be able to get a license to develop your own stuff. On the Android, on the other hand, you can get one for 9,99.

This would be just some of the reasons why I think iPhone is really the worst solution. (Except for Nokia.)

I just wrote out a very lengthy reply to this post about how superior iOS was to android, but my HTC sensation decided that it would be a good time to restart my phone.

Promotion

Aug 27, 2011
Nearby
Heres a picture of it. I'll be ordering it that's for sure! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347468004.603212.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree with some of it, while some of it is distorting facts to support an argument/view.

SOME.

The word some in this instance is neutral. Without knowing the data, neither you nor I nor anyone can say whether that is not impressive. Perhaps the Galaxy is outselling iPhone in 6 out of 10 countries. Perhaps 3 from 10. Who knows?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
21st September release with pre-orders from Friday.
Looking good so far.
Very interested in what deals & tariffs 'EE' will have to offer. They may be able to sway me away from Giffgaff with the 4G capability.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The word some in this instance is neutral. Without knowing the data, neither you nor I nor anyone can say whether that is not impressive. Perhaps the Galaxy is outselling iPhone in 6 out of 10 countries. Perhaps 3 from 10. Who knows?

OBVIOUSLY he'd put MOST if it was most. Come on. Come off it. Come everywhere.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Which isn't bad for a phone that is going to be obsolete in about two hours time

spoken like a fanboi. nothing is obsolete just because a new model is out, or are you saying the 4S is obsolete too? that might come a surprise to those buying one in the coming months.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

It seems that included in 'some' is the US. Then factor in that the S3 is just one of many Android phones, and it's quite significant.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Ive noticed here that the Asian population all seem to use Samsung rather than IPhone.
Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, and Fillipino

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012

Following that announcement, Apple iPhone 5 could become obsolete before it's sold. What a disappointment. I've read twice already, but is there anything new that others have not done already?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The problem with Android is that its available in a number of flavours and on a number of devices, some good, some not so good. I had a HTC Wildfire and it was a bit limited so I bought something better. It was a toss up between an iPhone 4s or top range Android (price wan't an issue). In the end I settled on the 4s and I've only once issue with it, in that if I set it to silent when I'm asleep during the day, I have to remember to set it back to noisy. Other than that, I've never found something I wanted to do that it wouldn't. A colleague is a dedicated android fan with a top range phone and he says the same.
I really don't get the "apple/android is shit" mentality.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Im not an apple person, but seen the picture of the iphone 5 - isnt it the same as the other one? must be missing something/s

no one seems 'overwhelmed' by this launch, unlike when the first ones came out

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There are some unbelievably weak posts on here from people justifying their need for an iPhone :laugh: people who can't operate an android phone out of the box must be simple?! I don't really see the need for this big divide, people who want an iPhone have one, people who didn't want one don't :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here