Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inglorious Basterds

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Saw it last night and I think it is a masterpiece. In every other Tarantino film I've seen so far, as good or great as they've been (not seen Deathproof) there's been a point where my mind has started wandering. In this film I was utterly transfixed from start to finish and the use of music which is always brilliant in his films goes to new heights with the David Bowie scene. 10/10 (would have only been 9.5/10 without the Joy Division cinema usherettes :love:)

Off to see Inglorious Basterds at the Weekend. Looks like a brilliant romp.

Don't bother with "Deathproof" though mate. Very odd movie that.

Very odd.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wow! STUNNING film! Just back from Duke of York midday screening. Two and a half hours and it absolutely flies by. Can't take yer eyes off the screen and some glourious set-pieces. Go see!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm getting quite moist for this film now.
The missus is out tonight. I might be a SAD basterd and go on me own.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Saw it at a very empty Duke of Porks last night and I would have to concur with the view that it is a cinematic masterpiece that makes Confessions Of A Driving Instructor look like the steaming pile of horse dung. 9.2/10 for me, the 0.8 lost by Brad Pitt's involvement - a strange choice (imho) for the role and hardly in keeping with the 'cool' of Tim Roth, Samuel L Jackson, Uma Thurman, David Carridine or Pam Grier.... but then again QT did hire John Travolta.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In years to come Im sure the jeremy kyle underclass will actually believe that the Nazi high command died in a cinema in 1944 and Brad Pitt stopped the war!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Fantastic movie. Went in with low expectations but it was brilliant. Beautifully shot, great acting and superb dialogue. The most gripping scenes are the "chatty" bits some reviewers have moaned about. The actor who plays the Nazi "Jew Hunter" will be Oscar nominated - or should be. 9.0

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Anyone seen or going to see this Tarantino effort.

It has got a very decent 8.3 on imdb at the moment and is by all accounts Tarantino's best film since Pulp Fiction.

It sounds quite tasty with a bunch of jews " the Inglorious Basterds " sifgting back against the Nazi and SS scum and enacting all manner of hideous deaths and tortures including live scalpings and cutting swastika'z in the heads of the Nazi scum. Hitler even buys it with his face and body being riddled with bullets. All the things we would have loved to happen but alas did not.

Pulp Fiction is his masterpiece 8.8 but this sounds interesting.

never seen pulp fiction so nothing to compare it with but story line sounds good, what is the "imdb" ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The actor who plays the Nazi "Jew Hunter" will be Oscar nominated - or should be. 9.0

Yep, his air of menace washed over the entire film. The tension in the opening farm sequence was brilliantly done.

Mike Myers and all that overly camp stiff upper lip Britishness stuff I could have done without.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Off to see Inglorious Basterds at the Weekend. Looks like a brilliant romp.

Don't bother with "Deathproof" though mate. Very odd movie that.

Very odd.

Did you see Deathproof on its own? I understand when they split Deathproof from its original format as part of Grindhouse they stretched it out into a full length film...and it doesnt work well on its own. As part of Grindhouse it sits well as a dumb-ass road movie...and all the other components of Grindhouse help set the tone.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
People pay money and cheer fatboy slim and his ilk simply for playing records, so why not applaud the projectionist for showing a film ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fantastic movie. Went in with low expectations but it was brilliant. Beautifully shot, great acting and superb dialogue. The most gripping scenes are the "chatty" bits some reviewers have moaned about. The actor who plays the Nazi "Jew Hunter" will be Oscar nominated - or should be. 9.0

This is my summary as well although I went in with middle to high expectations. The opening chapter dialogue is brilliant. The Duke of Yorks chocolate cake was on form as well. Also, the film totally flies past. I normally get a little restless when a flick goes over 2 hours.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
People pay money and cheer fatboy slim and his ilk simply for playing records, so why not applaud the projectionist for showing a film ?

I went and saw this last night at the Odeon, and OUR projectionist got a slow handclap from the audience. This was because the film BROKE DOWN about 20 minutes before the end, and it took him 15 minutes to get it going again. Bizarrely, this break in the film occurred at the exact moment they were seen changing the reels in the actual film itself, so at first we all sat there thinking this was a bit of buggering about by Tarantino. But no, it was actually the Odeon just being useless.

Anyways, I can only echo the opinion of most of the others on here who have seen it. Absolute QUALITY, and Christopher Waltz (the guy who plays Hans Landa, the 'Jewhunter') is phenomenal, he steals the show even from Brad Pitt.

Nobody writes dialogue quite like Tarantino, they guy is a genius. Will definitely be adding this to my cdollection when it comes out on DVD.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah she was good as well.
Pitt cracked me up though. Specially talking italian in that broad american accent. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here