Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inglorious Basterds

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah she was good as well.
Pitt cracked me up though. Specially talking italian in that broad american accent. :lolol:

I thought Pitt played his role very well and was a good choice. The American accent was very funny (I loved the lines about the guy being the 3rd best Italian speaker of the group.....'but I dont speak Italian') as was his stilted and uncomfortable demeanor during the premiere.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Christoper Waltz made it the brilliant film it is. An absolutely amazing performance!

Melanie Laurent is also very good as is Brad Pitt.

A 9/10 from me...

Not as good as Pulp Fiction (10/10) but on a par with Reservoir Dogs I'd say.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also, as usual a great soundtrack. That Bowie song at the end is soo cool.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Saw it at The Duke Of York's the other night, the place was full. Brilliant film, loved the completely off-beat Stiglitz montage bit. I know everyone's been going on about Brad Pitt in it, but I thought the guy who played Colonel Landa stole the show.

The only thing that annoyed me when I saw this was the pointless round of applause half the audience gave the film at the end. What's the point of doing that at the cinema, really?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Saw it at The Duke Of York's the other night, the place was full. Brilliant film, loved the completely off-beat Stiglitz montage bit. I know everyone's been going on about Brad Pitt in it, but I thought the guy who played Colonel Landa stole the show.

The only thing that annoyed me when I saw this was the pointless round of applause half the audience gave the film at the end. What's the point of doing that at the cinema, really?

There's no point slagging off our own players at Withdean but some still do it.

Not the same I know but I like the fact i got an Albion reference in a movie thread.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Also, as usual a great soundtrack. That Bowie song at the end is soo cool.

Apart from the Bowie song (which I have to say I can't understand all the furore around - hardly an outstanding track imho) I was blissfully unaware of any soundtrack, which must be a great endorsement of the film and how wrapped up I was in it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Apart from the Bowie song (which I have to say I can't understand all the furore around - hardly an outstanding track imho) I was blissfully unaware of any soundtrack, which must be a great endorsement of the film and how wrapped up I was in it.

Or that the soundtrack complemented the film well, not sticking out or detracting from the film.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see Tarantino's foot fetish is once again indulged in this flick as well.
Honestly, every film the guy has done (apart from his very first, Reservoir Dogs) has got something to do with womens feet in it.

What an oddball.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
7/10 from me.

the scene in the basement bar was the highlight, Brad Pitt the lowlight - couldn't understand what he was mumbling about as usual. Very funny in places but lost points because of the slack security shown by the germans in the cinema, totally unrealistic. still, Tarantino films are definitely worth one watch (but all his films just don't stand up to repeat viewings imo).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally I never tire of his two best (Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction), and I think this one will be up there again as one I'll keep going back to. The characters are just so brilliantly portrayed, and the lines Tarantino gives them to work with are so entertaining. NOBODY gets away with such extensive scenes of dialogue like Tarantino, because when he gets it right, his writing is just so damn good.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
7/10 from me.

Brad Pitt the lowlight - couldn't understand what he was mumbling about as usual. Very funny in places but lost points because of the slack security shown by the germans in the cinema, totally unrealistic. still, Tarantino films are definitely worth one watch (but all his films just don't stand up to repeat viewings imo).

Yes and Yes!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
7/10 from me.

the scene in the basement bar was the highlight, Brad Pitt the lowlight - couldn't understand what he was mumbling about as usual. Very funny in places but lost points because of the slack security shown by the germans in the cinema, totally unrealistic. still, Tarantino films are definitely worth one watch (but all his films just don't stand up to repeat viewings imo).

A great film 8/10 from me, The opening scene when the Jew Hunter switches to english was so clever and tried to explain his reasoning for hunting jews i was totaly transfixed. As with the basement scene, but i do agree with you about the cinema security.David Bowie song was poop though,could have done better there. speak the kings " Damn good old boy "

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
lost points because of the slack security shown by the germans in the cinema, totally unrealistic..

The whole premier bit was Tarrentino tongue-in-cheek...the ludicrous but funny 'Italian' Pitt spoke with a broad US accent gives this away in my opinion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not sure "realism" was top of the agenda in this film anyway.
Just a cracking good slab of top notch entertainment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here