Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inglorious Basterds

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well I'm looking forward to seeing the film very soon. It sounds like my being a bit of a mentalist has done me a favour for a change.

Which is nice.

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
I'm wanting to go along and see this too. I don't usually go to the cinema but this is one film I've got to go and see. No cam job for me on this one and can't be arsed to wait for a DVD-R to come out.

On the clapping note, I can't remember a time when people have done this in films? but one thing I have noticed is that people don't clap anymore when a plane lands. People always used to do this when I was a nipper.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Saw it yesterday. Very good. There is violence but it isn't grautious in the same sense that Reservoir Dogs was. Isn't a traditional war film at all. At times a very tense drama and others a slapstick comedy. 9/10

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
There are some scenes of extreme violence, but that happens sometimes in wars and doesn't seem out of place or unbelievable...

Check out the 'Jew Hunter' character for icy menace, and some stiff-upper lip action from the Brits involved...

An original take on the war movie genre, which worked really well for me :ohmy:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do not like violences for violence sake. The ear slicing off in Reservoir Dogs 5. 1 I found repulsive and gratiuoitous and as such as I do not like this film at all. Not just that I just thought it was very overrated. Pulp Fiction is howver a masterclass in film making.

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Saw it yesterday. Very good. There is violence but it isn't grautious in the same sense that Reservoir Dogs was. Isn't a traditional war film at all. At times a very tense drama and others a slapstick comedy. 9/10

Same here. Thought it was brilliant. Well worth watching. Won't be the same watching it on a home tv. Got to be seen at the Cinema. Comedy, violence and lurv :laugh::guns::p

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Regarding violence in films...

I am generally a very placid person, I consider myself helpful, considerate, kind and generous, yet I love violent films.

I think a lot of people have dark side, lots more than most would believe. I think for some people to watch this dark side played out through films in which no one gets hurt and everything is a special effect gives a certain degree of vicarious output for dark thoughts. They wouldn't necessarily become anything if bottled up, but to be able to let them out once in while through a film is a healthy release, like crying once in a while, or a primal scream etc., a somewhat a therapeutic experience.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone seen or going to see this Tarantino effort.

It has got a very decent 8.3 on imdb at the moment and is by all accounts Tarantino's best film since Pulp Fiction.

It sounds quite tasty with a bunch of jews " the Inglorious Basterds " sifgting back against the Nazi and SS scum and enacting all manner of hideous deaths and tortures including live scalpings and cutting swastika'z in the heads of the Nazi scum. Hitler even buys it with his face and body being riddled with bullets. All the things we would have loved to happen but alas did not.

Pulp Fiction is his masterpiece 8.8 but this sounds interesting.

Going to Duke of York midday showing Friday. Fully expecting it to be GLOURIOUS.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Just back from the cineworld and have got to say it's f***ing quality 10/10

All the actors superb and the pace and dialogue just what you expect from Tarantino!!

it could be a win treble of quality films coz yesterday saw 'District 9' which was an unbelievable bit of sci-fi and tomorrow got 'the damned united' to watch on dvd.

hope the albion on saturday dont spoil my mood !!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for the Jerries after 50 years of rubbing their noses in it. Can't someone make a film where we see them winning for a change?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
mate saw it last night and enjoyed it...........bit odd that they all clapped at the end??

I suspect they might have been applauding Jewish soldiers slaughtering Nazis.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I do not like violences for violence sake. The ear slicing off in Reservoir Dogs 5. 1 I found repulsive and gratiuoitous and as such as I do not like this film at all. Not just that I just thought it was very overrated.

Reservoir Dogs is in my all-time top 3. One of the greatest movie scripts of all time, and every single actor delivers a FANTASTIC performance, particularly Tim Roth as Orange, and a career-best Madsen as White. I still don't think Tarantino has topped this film yet, the dialogue is a marvel.

As for the ear-slicing scene - you don't even see the ear being cut off. The camera pans away while Mr White does it, so the act itself is left to your imagination (which in some ways makes it more grisly), but gratuoitous ? Naah.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Will definately be going to see it, but am I the only one who thinks that that from the trailer shown on TV it looks like a steaming pile of horse shit/a camp romp similar to The Producers? Maybe that's what Tarantino was going for?!?! Hope I'm proved wrong.

"Nein! Nein! Nein!"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!"

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Will definately be going to see it, but am I the only one who thinks that that from the trailer shown on TV it looks like a steaming pile of horse shit/a camp romp similar to The Producers? Maybe that's what Tarantino was going for?!?! Hope I'm proved wrong.

"Nein! Nein! Nein!"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!"

The trailer is just dialogue edited at a pace to get the publics attention (999 and yes yes yes at different parts of the film)

imo it's no producers or steaming pile of horse shit, but it is a quality piece of filmmaking that had a few pikeys at the showing i saw walk out muttering 'too f***ing slow' and other such comments :bigwave:

The scene in the cellar bar as good as anyting from resevoir dogs..

enjoy !!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Saw it last night and I think it is a masterpiece. In every other Tarantino film I've seen so far, as good or great as they've been (not seen Deathproof) there's been a point where my mind has started wandering. In this film I was utterly transfixed from start to finish and the use of music which is always brilliant in his films goes to new heights with the David Bowie scene. 10/10 (would have only been 9.5/10 without the Joy Division cinema usherettes :love:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here