Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Any band whose sound is described as being a cross between the Beach Boys and the JAMC is alright by me.

Flex Your Head

Any band whose sound is described as being a cross between the Beach Boys and the JAMC is alright by me.

I just went and bought 2 of their CDs on ebay for £1.27 each inc p&p on the strength of those two tracks. I've got Endless Summer (which I love) on a Damaged Goods comp, but hadn't heard anything else. Nice!

I had some Travoltas on today, and (as well as ploughing a fairly similar path to Honeyrider (they have an album called 'Endless Summer')) they really have that summer sound down to a tee. Well, to my old ears anyway.

I just love the way this builds, and the four way harmonies at the end are ****ing awesome.

And this is even better.

They're Dutch but would so obviously love to be from California.

Love that Iced Bears track too - bit of a classic. I remember the first time I saw them play it live, I was drunk and knackered and I think I might have dribbled at the sheer beauty of it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just went and bought 2 of their CDs on ebay for £1.27 each inc p&p on the strength of those two tracks. I've got Endless Summer (which I love) on a Damaged Goods comp, but hadn't heard anything else. Nice!

Ha. Exactly the same! I stumbled across the tracks yesterday by chance on YouTube, and bought 2 CDs from Amazon, for 1p plus £1.26 postage! Two albums, called 'All Systems Go' and 'Splashdown'.

Really looking forward to them. Did you order the same two?

Flex Your Head

Ha. Exactly the same! I stumbled across the tracks by chance on YouTube, and bought 2 CDs from Amazon, for 1p plus £1.26 postage! Two albums, called 'All Systems Go' and 'Splashdown'.

Really looking forward to them. Did you order the same two?

Yep! The 3rd one I found - Sunshine Skyway - is about £7 from Japan on Ebay. I'll see how these two shape up first :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hey, [MENTION=19864]Flex Your Head[/MENTION]

Santa's been!

IMG01390-20140604-1007.jpg

Flex Your Head

Flex Your Head

Four posts in a row - tut-tut!

This is really bloody great and parts of it were filmed at Indietracks last year.

Also, this is looking to be pretty good; an all-dayer in darkest late November. Snapped up my ticket today. Maybe we could have an NSC meet-up there?

Helen Love
The Lovely Eggs
The School
The Fireworks

Plus four more to be announced.

http://oddboxrecords.limitedrun.com/tickets/12731-does-your-heart-go-boom

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How do you do a multiquote or whatever? Grrr.

Like this...

Amazon are clearly quicker than eBay - I got an email today saying that mine would be despatched shortly. Have you given either of 'em a spin yet?

Yes, both once. More taken with All Systems Go on first listen. Both the tracks I linked earlier are on that one.

Four posts in a row - tut-tut!

This is really bloody great and parts of it were filmed at Indietracks last year.

Also, this is looking to be pretty good; an all-dayer in darkest late November. Snapped up my ticket today. Maybe we could have an NSC meet-up there?

Helen Love
The Lovely Eggs
The School
The Fireworks

Plus four more to be announced.

http://oddboxrecords.limitedrun.com/tickets/12731-does-your-heart-go-boom

That does look interesting. I'm looking out for somewhere to see The School. My wife fancied the thing in Cardiff at Easter, but we couldn't make it.

Shaun will be there, obviously!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes yes, but how?

Meanwhile, I've been humming this for days.

Should've been a hit. A big one at that.

Scroll through the posts, and for each one you want to quote, click on the icon in the bottom right ("+), so that a blue tick appears next to it. Then, once you've got ticks next to them all, click on the button "+reply to thread". Bob's your uncle.

And I've been humming this. Absolutely no idea why.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Inspired by the exchange on the Easter CD thread I've been trying to decide what my favourite Go Betweens song is. Could be this one. Such a gentle song with such brutal guitar in the background:

I used to say dumb things. I guess I still do.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tough call. I nearly said Bye Bye Pride, or Love is a Sign.

But I settled on this

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here