Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Flex Your Head

Well, our season was a lot worse than yours, although you'd never guess from looking on here.

I like this at the moment:

I like that, so I looked out some other stuff by them. This bizarre little thing couldn't be (much) further removed!

Oops. I've just realised it's not the same band at all, but the bloke from the band in Heaven directed the video. :blush:

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Andy - my Come Again buddy - sent me a copy of the album last year, but it never really did that much for me. That video though is really bloody great I shall have to listen again on my commute tomorrow.

Yes it's a bit of a slow burner, their album. Also it wrong footed me a bit as I think I was sort of expecting a riot grrrl thing when in fact it's much more 90s US indie (Tsunami perhaps?).

Flex Your Head

Probably not. Map Reference is probably in my all time top 10 (and there's a good theme to revitalise this thread).

You think we should all list our personal Top 10s? Songs. Singles. LPs. Bands.

Woooah! Awesome idea, but almost impossible, surely? Mine change every week, every day... every hour sometimes.

Still, we could give it a go...

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
You think we should all list our personal Top 10s? Songs. Singles. LPs. Bands.

Woooah! Awesome idea, but almost impossible, surely? Mine change every week, every day... every hour sometimes.

Still, we could give it a go...

Yes, but there's always a core of stuff you keep going back to. Although I agree, I could do a top 50 every week and a lot of it would be different each time.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Anyway, it could be like High Fidelity. Top 10 bands from Birmingham, top 10 songs about heroin, top 10 bucolic English sounds etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[MENTION=2040]Staly[/MENTION] is right - we have to work to THEMES. 'Top 10 songs' is impossible. Mine would change all the time. Fantastic Day by Haircut 100 would be about my only constant :blush:

My suggestion for the first theme (because its so lovely and summery outside :down: ) is SUMMER. Songs ABOUT summer. Songs that REMIND you of summer. Songs perfect for a festival Indie stage on a balmy summer evening (fey girly vocal and jangly guitars optional...)

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I saw the sun was shining, still I stayed inside but never again.

So I'll go out and get a disappointing sandwich for lunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here