Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My ears can no longer pick up the high frequencies - sounds like an acoustic ballad to me?

ha.

To, be fair, there IS a decent song underneath all the noise, but frankly its too much trouble to try to hear it.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've never loved J&MC, just had a general affection for them.

Darklands is one of my favourite albums of all time. Some stunning tracks. I do require a bit of musicality in it all though - 3 minutes of feedback isn't my thing.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I've never loved J&MC, just had a general affection for them.

1. Just Like Honey
2. The Hardest Walk
3. Upside Down
4. Never Understand
5. April Skies

How often do I listen to them? Not very, apart from number one which is a great song which got a new lease of life for me after I watched Lost In Translation.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Darklands is one of my favourite albums of all time. Some stunning tracks. I do require a bit of musicality in it all though - 3 minutes of feedback isn't my thing.

I distinctly remember the first time I heard Never Understand - John Peel Festive 50 1985 - it was the first time I had ever been scared by music. Did not know what the hell was going on. Menacing. Cannot listen to more than 3 or 4 tracks on Psychocandy in a row though.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I was 17 when I saw this on tv. I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. looks a bit silly now, I guess....

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
1. Just Like Honey
2. The Hardest Walk
3. Upside Down
4. Never Understand
5. April Skies

How often do I listen to them? Not very, apart from number one which is a great song which got a new lease of life for me after I watched Lost In Translation.

My girlfriend was playing that OST the other night and I went very quiet when it came on. Felt all gooey.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
My girlfriend was playing that OST the other night and I went very quiet when it came on. Felt all gooey.

Some great tracks on the OST - not appropriate for a C86 thread, but I just love Too Young by Phoenix. On one level, it's pure cheese, but, on another, it's pure class. Not sure how that works.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If any of you are into the less jangly side of C86, there are also a couple of good compilations:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Commercially-Unfriendly-Various-Artists/dp/B000BGH1BE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374264618&sr=8-1&keywords=commercially+unfriendly

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Trad-Rock-Various-Artists/dp/tracks/B002NV9A6O/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

The latter one is an accompaniment to a decent book by John Robb about the awkward, shambling side of the scene.

No Bogshed though :tantrum:

The Nightingales are playing at The Albert on 4 th August. (Noticed that they are on the second of your recommendations)

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
If any of you are into the less jangly side of C86, there are also a couple of good compilations:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Commercially-Unfriendly-Various-Artists/dp/B000BGH1BE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374264618&sr=8-1&keywords=commercially+unfriendly

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Trad-Rock-Various-Artists/dp/tracks/B002NV9A6O/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

The latter one is an accompaniment to a decent book by John Robb about the awkward, shambling side of the scene.

No Bogshed though :tantrum:

These are quite hardcore albums - not good for yoga. Ironically, the second one looks like a mock-up of a Bogshed album.

Flex Your Head

Sunshine 1.jpg
Sunshine P 2.jpg
Sunshine P 3.jpg
Can't beat a bit of nostalgia!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looks great Flex.

I've had the morning off in the sun, to mooch about GunWharf Quays. Yaay.

Just back in to work for the afternoon, to find that the Amazon Fairy has been again. Yaay

Flex Your Head

hans kraay fan club said:
Looks great Flex.

Just back in to work for the afternoon, to find that the Amazon Fairy has been again. Yaay

Thanks HKFC. What did the Amazon Fairy deliver this time?

Ha! Those are my flyers still with a blu tac attached. Scanned em in/uploaded em a few years back. Went to Sunshine Playroom every week 1987/88/89/90 ...

Well well well, Jem Stone himself :)
Got any other goodies you'd like to post? I had a massive scrapbook full of flyers and tickets and stuff which I unceremoniously puked on one Christmas after over-doing the plonk. Other casualties included a boxed game of Risk and a stack of MaximumRocknRoll magazines which would probably be hugely collectable and valuable nowadays *sigh*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here