• Total voters

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Personally I'm an Indie man myself.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I always think of R&B as being stuff like Booker T and the MGS, not Destiny's Child.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
R&B....f*** off

Unless of course you mean proper Rythm & Blues like Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy etc

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
What is referred to as R&B now bears no relation whatsoever to the music I know as R&B, and has besmirched the name and reputation of a fine musical genre.

e77 said:
I always think of R&B as being stuff like Booker T and the MGS, not Destiny's Child.

And what a brilliant band BT&MGs were!

Yep, R'n B has been diluted these days by all these absolutely awful amateur crooner acts. When Stevie was giving it up on Yesterme Yesteryou Yesterday, Never Had a Dream Come True, Heaven Help Us All...... !! Now that is hard to beat.

Never mind, the old classic R'n B is still there to listen to, as is the classic blues, and some indie bands are now making great new music. (Nine Black Alps for instance).

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, when did R 'n' B become weak disco? When I was younger R 'n' B was an abbreviation of Rhythm 'n' Blues, what is it short for now?

An insult to a great genre.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'll take Indie over R 'n B any day.

As most everyone has previously said R 'n B is NOT Rythym and Blues, and in fact should be ashamed to even try and theive its good name!

:angry:

E

enigma

There are some good RnB artists out though:

Usher
Ginuwine
Carl Thomas
Jamie Foxx
Mario
Alicia Keys

to name but a few

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
WHAT WISE ARSE OF A RECORD EXEC DECIDED 'I KNOW LETS TAKE A GENRE WHOS MUSIC IS ABOUT HARDSHIP & REPRESSION & TURN IT INTO SOMETHING WHERE THE MOST IMNPORTANT THING IS THE AMOUNT OF F'IN BLING!!!!

OYES OF COURSE BUDDY GUY PLAYS THE SAME MUSIC AS USHER !!!!!!

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I like a lot of both music forms. Denying a form of music can shut you off from a whole world of pleasure.

There is some excellent r'n'b out there.

Lauryn Hill, Erykah Badu.....

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
enigma said:

Usher
Ginuwine
Carl Thomas
Jamie Foxx
Mario
Alicia Keys

to name but a few

A drum machine, sampled guitar/piano hook and some half hearted "singing" does not constitute R&B.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's like asking:

Music or noise?

This modern so-called R'n'B is terrible. And I'm not against urban music at all, in fact I enjoy a lot of good hip-hop and even garage. But I just find all this soulless Destiny's Child bullshit is beyond being bland and boring, it actually irritates me no end to have to listen to it. I can't listen to commercial radio or Radio 1 anymore because it's become so overrun with this drivel and I'd rather listen to Radio 2 than have my musical appreciation desensitised by whoever all these R'nB acts are (I've just spent ten minutes trying to come up with examples but I really haven't a clue who any of these terrible songs making up the charts are by. Destiny's Child sums it all up basically, and everyone else just sounds like them anyway)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If R'n'B is The Fabulous Thunderbirds, 9 below Zero, Booker T, Blues breakers, Jeff Beck Group etc, then R'n'B every day of the week

if it means soft shyte lilly livered Black American post motown crap then I'm an indie man through and through :glare:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Weren't THE WHO classed as R n B now how the fcuk hjas that got anything to do with all this destiny child shite and R kelly

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
enigma said:

Usher
Ginuwine
Carl Thomas
Jamie Foxx
Mario
Alicia Keys

to name but a few
NONE of that is RnB! That's the sort of music you buy your Gran for Christmas!

I must have slipped into some strange, parallell universe ......

E

enigma

Grendel said:
A drum machine, sampled guitar/piano hook and some half hearted "singing" does not constitute R&B.

If you're staying true to the original definition, ok.

If you think Alicia Keys singing is half-hearted, you're having a laugh.

E

enigma

Brovian said:
NONE of that is RnB! That's the sort of music you buy your Gran for Christmas!

I must have slipped into some strange, parallell universe ......

Jesus, you lot are too old school. Do you still call players inside left and right half?

E

enigma

Bluejuice said:
It's like asking:

Music or noise?

This modern so-called R'n'B is terrible. And I'm not against urban music at all, in fact I enjoy a lot of good hip-hop and even garage. But I just find all this soulless Destiny's Child bullshit is beyond being bland and boring, it actually irritates me no end to have to listen to it. I can't listen to commercial radio or Radio 1 anymore because it's become so overrun with this drivel and I'd rather listen to Radio 2 than have my musical appreciation desensitised by whoever all these R'nB acts are (I've just spent ten minutes trying to come up with examples but I really haven't a clue who any of these terrible songs making up the charts are by. Destiny's Child sums it all up basically, and everyone else just sounds like them anyway)

Fair enough, Destinys Child arent great, but there are a lot of talented singers out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here