Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
enigma said:
I dispute that it takes more skill to create a trance track than actually be able to sing well.

re-read the post, im not knocking the singers themselves. But the track over which they sing are usually very poor and frankly anyone with a copy of cubase, a sampler and sample library could the same. As for the skill in trance/techno/electo (not house wich i love but is usually quite basic), just listen to someone like Orbital or Underwood, layers upon layers of different instrumnets, sounds and rythmic patterns, they are pieces of art as sophisticated as any symphony.

E

enigma

beorhthelm said:
re-read the post, im not knocking the singers themselves. But the track over which they sing are usually very poor and frankly anyone with a copy of cubase, a sampler and sample library could the same. As for the skill in trance/techno/electo (not house wich i love but is usually quite basic), just listen to someone like Orbital or Underwood, layers upon layers of different instrumnets, sounds and rythmic patterns, they are pieces of art as sophisticated as any symphony.

Maybe I'm underestimating them, but as you say, the sample libraries etc.

The singers will have started from a young age, taking years of practice to get where they are.Not to mention the dance moves.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
You can guess what I voted given my name.

Shame on the rest of you, are you all bloody students:)

Seriously though, all the Indie stuff sounds the same to me; and I just can't see the world needs yet another bunch of teenage blokes playing guitars as an attempt to get laid.

But when I voted for RnB I wasn't voted for various current American singers (mostly female) with badly spelt names who appear incapable of actually sticking on a note once they've hit it.

I took RnB to be anything from the stuff played in the 1950s through Soul, Disco, Funk and Rare Groove. As someone on this thread said, this is the stuff to get on down to. Sho' nuff!

Listen to Richard Searling on Smooth FM 6-9 on Saturday evening or Solar Radio over the Internet and you'll see what I mean.

Keep the Faith

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here