Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

India v England - Test Series

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone excited?? Just 9 hours to go until one of the most eagerly anticipated series in India in many years gets started at this quite magnificent arena...

66837.jpg

Can England finally end 27 years of hurt for their loyal supporters?? Can India take revenge after their 4-0 humbling last summer in England??

We're about to find out..........

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I suspect our inability to bat against spin on the sub-continent will, once again, be the decisive factor.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Really can't see us winning this tour. Always struggle sub continent. I'd like to be proved wrong but don't think I will be.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Looking forward to KP succombing to some very ordinary spin bowling time and time again this series.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wicket (finally)

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
By the time we come to bat on day 3 (or late day 2) it will no doubt be turning. Even without our inability to bat against spin we just don't have the batsmen (other than Cook and Trott) who can bat for a whole day and a bit. That will also be our undoing I would think. KP can of course score amazing hundreds but we will need him to get "Daddy" hundreds. Watched about 15 minutes of it before going to work and the pitch is flat as anything. They would have been better to play Panesar and not Bresnan. England seamers combined bowling is 36 overs 0 for 161. You would hope that at worst Monty would be 25 overs 1 for about 75 so immediately we have saved a lot of runs, more than Bresnan would have got with the bat than Monty.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
India also appear to have taken a risk with the pitch for the Ahmedabad Test. It is not just that it is relaid - and relaying a Test pitch two months before a game means no-one can predict how it will play - but that it has been relaid with a higher proportion of sand and a more brittle type of clay. It is hard to avoid the conclusion that India expect it to break up and offer substantial assistance to the spinners sooner rather than later.

But what if England set a challenging first innings total and utilise the crumbling pitch when they bowl? What if England's seamers gain as much from the surface as India's spinners? What if Swann enjoys the best of the conditions? India's tactics are not those of a side that truly believes in its own ability. If they did, they would surely prepare the best possible cricketing surface and back themselves to prevail.

If England knew this about the pitch then you'd have to think Monty was a real option and one it looks like they should have taken. Patel has only bowled 6 overs so far which is strange as second spinner on a flat pitch in India.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In view of the clamour for Monty to replace the 3rd seamer, when was the last time an England side only included 2 recognised seam/fast bowlers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here