Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incident at Glasgow airport?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
it's labour's fault :lolol:

The Falklands war is totally different and the war with the IRA is so totally different. These Islamic terrorists want world domination. Islam for the whole world.

It was a multi-party agreement. They all come off the Christmas card list.

We picked our enemies badly for this one. Wanting parts of a country, wanting a whole country, and now wanting the whole world...

It's not that different from the IRA to be honest. Roadside/culvert bombs, proxy car bombs, opportunity targets, attempts to frighten a nation into submission. The difference is in the end result. They would have taken a deal on the table, this lot want to blow the table up.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
It was a multi-party agreement. They all come off the Christmas card list.

We picked our enemies badly for this one. Wanting parts of a country, wanting a whole country, and now wanting the whole world...

It's not that different from the IRA to be honest. Roadside/culvert bombs, proxy car bombs, opportunity targets, attempts to frighten a nation into submission. The difference is in the end result. They would have taken a deal on the table, this lot want to blow the table up.

It was a multi party agreement based on false information and lies. Tony Blair saying ‘we’ve got 24 hours before Iraq fires weapons of mass destruction’ when it was a blatant lie then you’d say, fine Tony, we’re back you. Just like he said in 97 ‘We’ve got 48 hours to save the NHS’ look what’s happened to that.

It pisses me off when the Labour party turn round and say the Tories and Libs backed us, yes, because of lies. Any right minded person would of backed the war based on those facts (lies).

A generalisation....dont be silly :laugh:

The threat is entirely from Muslims at the moment....of course not every Muslim...but I havent got the names of the ones wanting to blow us up....generalisation sometimes help discussion.

Otherwise no more discussion.

I think your Chinaman thingy etc...is stupid.

Out of all the people you are at ease to offend its President Bush, the president of the land of the free and our greatest ally.

You just cant bring yourself to offend the sexist, homophobic, barbaric dictatorships of the the Arab world ....why ????

Unfortunately Islam lends itself to these traits.............its a fact that a majority of Muslims DO have some empathy with these terrorists.

Offend a whole religion, just to let fly at a few morons? Ahem, I think that is what I'm saying I've been avoiding, all this time. Why would I? To please you and the people who want to generalise about a whole religious group when I have excellent Muslim friends? Now where has THAT happened before....oh yes, the not-so-nice Mr Hitler and the Jews!
I think that takes care of that point, and if you still don't get it then I'm not going to bother more.

Bush sends other people's young sons and daughters off to war in an Arab land and pronounces from the safety of his big white bunker; "hey you moderate Arabs and otherwise uninvolved Muslims....this is a CRUSADE" (ducks behind Rumsfeld and gives the finger, while Ahmed and Habib pick up weapons in furious resolve).
Does that need more explanation? Sorry again. Been done.

Are these analogies better than the stupid Chinaman thingy? Well, they are NOT analogies, they are what's happening sunshine. You hip-hip and hooray for GW, and send your heirs and loved ones to invest their lives with General Bush whipping his silly salute to the dead.

The threat is entirely from Muslims at the moment....of course not every Muslim...but I havent got the names of the ones wanting to blow us up....generalisation sometimes help discussion.

Otherwise no more discussion.

Oh and by the way, interesting that 'generalisation helps discussion' - maybe it would help all Muslims to galvanize against ALL Christians - since they could generalize too, if they ALL thought like you seem to (just to help discussion).

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Offend a whole religion, just to let fly at a few morons? Ahem, I think that is what I'm saying I've been avoiding, all this time. Why would I? To please you and the people who want to generalise about a whole religious group when I have excellent Muslim friends? Now where has THAT happened before....oh yes, the not-so-nice Mr Hitler and the Jews!
I think that takes care of that point, and if you still don't get it then I'm not going to bother more.

Bush sends other people's young sons and daughters off to war in an Arab land and pronounces from the safety of his big white bunker; "hey you moderate Arabs and otherwise uninvolved Muslims....this is a CRUSADE" (ducks behind Rumsfeld and gives the finger, while Ahmed and Habib pick up weapons in furious resolve).
Does that need more explanation? Sorry again. Been done.

Are these analogies better than the stupid Chinaman thingy? Well, they are NOT analogies, they are what's happening sunshine. You hip-hip and hooray for GW, and send your heirs and loved ones to invest their lives with General Bush whipping his silly salute to the dead.

You quoted Hitler...........well maybe Hitler just bumped into people like you that appeased every tirany.

You know some Muslims....jeeeeez well done makes you an expert does it.

Dont sound so superior fella......in my world it aint an offence to offend a whole religion....I am not religious so I dont care too much for any religion.

Your silence on commenting on the faith of Islam, which hasnt evolved for some 1400 years is deafening, except you know some Muslims so wouldnt want to comment on it....might offend.

Dont remember you commenting prior to the Iraq war about the Dictatorships, women getting stoned to death in the streets and those cuddly Muslim tribes still killing each other daily as we speak.

We are talking about Islamic states that I dont think hardly has a democracy between them and our 'own' British Muslims that have an empathy with the terrorists, that isnt a generalisation it is a sizeable swaythe of the Muslim world.

So if you have some excellent Muslim friends ( a bit of a generalisation there mate...does that make the Muslim world excellent !! ) ask why their religion seem to lend itself to such hatred ?

By the way I have some excellent American friends........

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
You quoted Hitler...........well maybe Hitler just bumped into people like you that appeased every tirany.

Dont sound so superior fella......in my world it aint an offence to offend a whole religion....I am not religious so I dont care too much for any religion.

Your silence on commenting on the faith of Islam, which hasnt evolved for some 1400 years is deafening, except you know some Muslims so wouldnt want to comment on it....might offend.

Dont remember you commenting prior to the Iraq war about the Dictatorships, women getting stoned to death in the streets and those cuddly Muslim tribes still killing each other daily as we speak.

We are talking about Islamic states that I dont think hardly has a democracy between them and our 'own' British Muslims that have an empathy with the terrorists, that isnt a generalisation it is a sizeable swaythe of the Muslim world.

So if you have some excellent Muslim friends ( a bit of a generalisation there mate...does that make the Muslim world excellent !! ) ask why their religion seem to lend itself to such hatred ?

:D Good post NMH just got DONE!

You choose not to get it? Is it so you can try an argument on? Yes I do understand you have an inferiority complex, otherwise you wouldn't read into anything I say as "thinking I'm superior".
I don't generalise about Muslims - NOT so I won't offend woman-stoners or carbombers (who, of course, are nasty pieces of misguided work) but so I won't include every Muslim as one of the latter. Since the only Muslim friends I have are decent and 'normal' behaving people who simply keep religious spirituality and faith, and don't harm anyone or blither on blindly about Christians as if all of them conform to a generalization.
If the only description of Muslims you have, is the one you have garnered from selective reading of the war on terrorism, thank heaven they don't use your sort in British Intelligence or they'd be rounding up every "towelhead". Then every suntanned person, then everyone not pigmented pure lillywhite, and those with a great grandad outside of your great grandmas village, until..... hey, EVERYONE will have to be an inbred.
So you don't know one Muslim? Well maybe you do, but just aren't aware of it.
Or maybe you have no friends outside of familiar culture.

This might refine your argument a lot, since I've had to state for you that I don't agree with ANY stone aged religious practise that includes violence, or oppression.
Come to that, neither do I want to join a religion that can't touch an appliance on a Friday evening, mustn't trim their sideburns, has to 'cross' themselves every time they see a certain statue or emblem , or has to wear anything on their head at any given time.

To my personal lifestyle and beliefs, NO organized religion works for me.
Does that mean I have no religious friends and associates?
If I am going to expect them to be tolerant to my lack of (organized) spiritual 'umbrella', then I ought to be tolerant of their choices to have an ordained belief.

Good luck working out your next distortions of this ethos, perhaps you and 'Dim' can put your heads together for that.

Last edited:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
weekends events all staged by governments. all towards fear, biometric chips and big brother global state.

also a good smokescreen for european constetution being signed off last week.

crazy idealogy i know - but im allowed my opinion. :)

i dont even believe al queida exists. dont always believe what bbc feed you - question it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
weekends events all staged by governments. all towards fear, biometric chips and big brother global state.

also a good smokescreen for european constetution being signed off last week.

crazy idealogy i know - but im allowed my opinion. :)

i dont even believe al queida exists. dont always believe what bbc feed you - question it.

But the car was found on Thursday night?

I don't remember you objecting to the gassing of Kurds in Northern Iraq, or the continuation of hostilities at the Iran border, while Saddam was buying his weapons from the US and basing his economy on the dollar either.

By the way, I have some excellent American friends too (a couple of which are Muslim Americans). I seem to remember living there for the past 25 years.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You choose not to get it? Is it so you can try an argument on? Yes I do understand you have an inferiority complex, otherwise you wouldn't read into anything I say as "thinking I'm superior".
I don't generalise about Muslims - NOT so I won't offend woman-stoners or carbombers (who, of course, are nasty pieces of misguided work) but so I won't include every Muslim as one of the latter. Since the only Muslim friends I have are decent and 'normal' behaving people who simply keep religious spirituality and faith, and don't harm anyone or blither on blindly about Christians as if all of them conform to a generalization.
If the only description of Muslims you have, is the one you have garnered from selective reading of the war on terrorism, thank heaven they don't use your sort in British Intelligence or they'd be rounding up every "towelhead". Then every suntanned person, then everyone not pigmented pure lillywhite, and those with a great grandad outside of your great grandmas village, until..... hey, EVERYONE will have to be an inbred.
So you don't know one Muslim? Well maybe you do, but just aren't aware of it.
Or maybe you have no friends outside of familiar culture.

This might refine your argument a lot, since I've had to state for you that I don't agree with ANY stone aged religious practise that includes violence, or oppression.
Come to that, neither do I want to join a religion that can't touch an appliance on a Friday evening, mustn't trim their sideburns, has to 'cross' themselves every time they see a certain statue or emblem , or has to wear anything on their head at any given time.

To my personal lifestyle and beliefs, NO organized religion works for me.
Does that mean I have no religious friends and associates?
If I am going to expect them to be tolerant to my lack of (organized) spiritual 'umbrella', then I ought to be tolerant of their choices to have an ordained belief.

Good luck working out your next distortions of this ethos, perhaps you and 'Dim' can put your heads together for that.

A wee bit of a ramble there mate.......

I am assuming that if you do not agree with ANY stone age religious practice then Islam is scribbled off your list of straight away.

I actually think that there might be loads of stone age religious pactices that are no doubt worthy ....its just the damn barbaric things that parts of Islam seems to cling on to that disturbs me.

To not recognise that there is an under current of hatred of the Wests Way of Life within SOME parts of the British Muslim Community is foolhardy.

What part do you like about the faith of Islam and which parts do you dislike ????

I am assuming that if you do not agree with ANY stone age religious practice then Islam is scribbled off your list of straight away.

I actually think that there might be loads of stone age religious pactices that are no doubt worthy ....its just the damn barbaric things that parts of Islam seems to cling on to that disturbs me.

To not recognise that there is an under current of hatred of the Wests Way of Life within SOME parts of the British Muslim Community is foolhardy.

What part do you like about the faith of Islam and which parts do you dislike ????

I actually feel I have to come to NMH's defence a bit here. Of course there are some people within the Muslim Community that agree with this hatred of Western culture, but generalisations are a very bad method of trying to make an argument. It's up there with the Falmer NIMBYs (all football fans are hooligans).

You cannot judge any one member of a group based upon what you've read/seen which is the acts of other members of that group. The vast vast vast majority of members of British Muslim society are perfectly law abiding and perfectly happy to be part of British society.

Well, there's nothing about ANY religion that I, for myself, 'like' - as I think the nice bits are things you can do WITHOUT having to belong to a religious group!
The fasting practice, may be beneficial in helping to cleanse the body. The observation of spiritual values in an overall religious society should help make it, actually, more peaceful and caring to those among it. Somehow, people seem to delegate the caring to an unseen entity - whilst calling themselves spiritual! :angel:
In my experience, this nasty seam seems to also run rich in Christianity and Judaism - where a little religious learning suddenly means one can become a judge of other people's behavior :glare: No sooner than the taught-ones are out of church, there they are folding arms and waxing high-horsey at their neighbours for something petty.

What I have liked in my Muslim friends ....might tempt me to generalise about them, where they are no more likely to be exactly like each other than they would be like atheist friends, or catholic ones.

When I have gone to a religious place to learn something about their doctrine, I have often found myself worrying that the teaching was glib and strange, or plain weird and unnatural. If I needed to observe fear of God all the time, just to live properly according to a doctrine - then what am I hiding of my own nature?

All I can say about the religious is, that I will take them at their face value and deeds. I won't, on the other hand, join in an attack on them by naming them among all of their religious group. I won't exclude anyone on the basis of their religion, nor vilify them because they have chosen that pursuit.... BUT they had also better not do those things to me for NOT choosing their spiritual path, nor take up the sword against any of my friends of another religious belief. If any one of them became a zealot, extremist idiot - I'd have to wonder what the f*** that had to do with religion full stop.

As for America - it disgust me that a group of murderous malcontents used religion to try getting sympathy from a mass of people elsewhere. That ALSO applies to GW Bush using religion to do the same. "this is a Crusade" was just as bad, imo, as "kill the infidel in the name of Allah, akbar". I won't join or condone a 'crusade' against any, whole religious group.

To slow a pendulum, you can't push it hard to one side, to try stopping it from swinging to the other.

To home in on this particular sentiment, I am only in agreement with you on this bit about barbarism. Islam is not 'scribbled off my list' if my friends who adhere to that faith do NOT indulge in barabarian acts or plots of violence and destruction.
If they face Mecca, kiss the ground, bow and scrape a thousand times towards the east in their own homes - then I'm not going to admonish or shun them for that. They better not insist that I do it though!
I mean everyone has some practice they consider worthy, that doesn't necessarily appeal to their mates, or even family.

What do you think about people who will hang out with you, go for a beer, share a meal with you, but forbid you from ever having any relationship with a female member of their family? In strict Judaism, it is frowned upon, or forbidden, for a family member to marry outside of their religious group. Alright for the lad to rock and roll all around the place with shiksas, but get attached and they are shiva'd!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
To home in on this particular sentiment, I am only in agreement with you on this bit about barbarism. Islam is not 'scribbled off my list' if my friends who adhere to that faith do NOT indulge in barabarian acts or plots of violence and destruction.
If they face Mecca, kiss the ground, bow and scrape a thousand times towards the east in their own homes - then I'm not going to admonish or shun them for that. They better not insist that I do it though!
I mean everyone has some practice they consider worthy, that doesn't necessarily appeal to their mates, or even family.

What do you think about people who will hang out with you, go for a beer, share a meal with you, but forbid you from ever having any relationship with a female member of their family? In strict Judaism, it is frowned upon, or forbidden, for a family member to marry outside of their religious group. Alright for the lad to rock and roll all around the place with shiksas, but get attached and they are shiva'd!

You can continue to compare my mates that happen to be married, tax paying, law abiding pretty decent guys, some Black, some Asian, some distincley fat balding and to be quite honest some a little ugly to parts of the Muslim Community if you want, but everyone of my mates are proud to support our Western values. Tolerance to everyone, but we demand tolerance in return.

But none and I mean NONE wish to harm any other sector of a British Community with any warped view.

Why oh why your talking about other religions when it is quite clearly a Muslim problem that is effecting us right now.

It is Muslims fanatics that are driving Jumbo Jets into Office Building, detinating bombs on our rail and bus networks in London and driving into Airport Terminals.

Look I have stated that I recognise that not ALL Muslims share these warped view, but before you start spouting the moderate Muslim view this is a Telegraph Poll 2006.

Sorry I do not know how to put the link in here.

[I]The ICM opinion poll also indicates that a fifth have sympathy with the "feelings and motives" of the suicide bombers who attacked London last July 7, killing 52 people, although 99 per cent thought the bombers were wrong to carry out the atrocity.[/I]

The most startling finding is the high level of support for applying sharia law in "predominantly Muslim" areas of Britain.

Islamic law is used in large parts of the Middle East, including Iran and Saudi Arabia, and is enforced by religious police. Special courts can hand down harsh punishments which can include stoning and amputation.

Forty per cent of the British Muslims surveyed said they backed introducing sharia in parts of Britain, while 41 per cent opposed it.

Kinda blows your generalisation theorys out the window.

Dont tell me the Poll is not representative of your 3 Muslims friends views !!!!

[I]The ICM opinion poll also indicates that a fifth have sympathy with the "feelings and motives" of the suicide bombers who attacked London last July 7, killing 52 people, although 99 per cent thought the bombers were wrong to carry out the atrocity.[/I]

The most startling finding is the high level of support for applying sharia law in "predominantly Muslim" areas of Britain.

Islamic law is used in large parts of the Middle East, including Iran and Saudi Arabia, and is enforced by religious police. Special courts can hand down harsh punishments which can include stoning and amputation.

Forty per cent of the British Muslims surveyed said they backed introducing sharia in parts of Britain, while 41 per cent opposed it.

Dont tell me the Poll is not representative of your 3 Muslims friends views !!!!

So one fifth of people surveyed agreed with the extremely vague statement of sympathising with the 'feelings and motives' (note that they only use quotation marks around feelings and motives, indicating that that is the only part that was in the question. The question could have been "do you understand their feelings and motives", which is vague and could merely mean comprehend, or it could have said "do you agree with their feelings and motives" which means something entirely different, it's impossible to tell what the wording was), and 1% thought they were right to do it (it's impossible to tell how many people this was, it could well be only one person in a survey of thousands, but that one person will nearly always get rounded up to 1% because saying 100% agreed is misleading and suggests that everyone did), and you are using that to back up the belief that it's okay to generalise about people because look they really do all feel the same?!

You can continue to compare my mates that happen to be married, tax paying, law abiding pretty decent guys, some Black, some Asian, some distincley fat balding and to be quite honest some a little ugly to parts of the Muslim Community if you want, but everyone of my mates are proud to support our Western values. Tolerance to everyone, but we demand tolerance in return.

But none and I mean NONE wish to harm any other sector of a British Community with any warped view.

Why oh why your talking about other religions when it is quite clearly a Muslim problem that is effecting us right now.

It is Muslims fanatics that are driving Jumbo Jets into Office Building, detinating bombs on our rail and bus networks in London and driving into Airport Terminals.

Look I have stated that I recognise that not ALL Muslims share these warped view, but before you start spouting the moderate Muslim view this is a Telegraph Poll 2006.

Sorry I do not know how to put the link in here.

I give up.
I'll tell you one thing for sure, whatever twisting ang turning you can writhe into your point of view (just so you can call a whole religious group enemies), I won't be receding or alienating from ANY of my friends, whether they are Muslims, moonies or from Mars. Opinions like yours, and tunnel vision thinking, is what keeps people ignorant, intolerant to each other's beliefs, and ultimately at war with each other.

Are you burning crosses on anyone's lawn this evening, or booking your flight to Iraq? (which actually was a multi-religious country by Saddam Hussein's strict law)

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
The ICM opinion poll also indicates that a fifth have sympathy with the "feelings and motives" of the suicide bombers who attacked London last July 7, killing 52 people, although 99 per cent thought the bombers were wrong to carry out the atrocity.

I dont believe for one minute those muslim lads carried out those bombings. why did they buy return tickets? easy for government agents to say to them - oh carry these bags around london to A and B and we will give you a grand. Also there are stories about a different security team working in the bus depot where the bus was that blew up the day before. planting the bombs me thinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0y9nvj70xc

dont believe conspiracy theories blindly but dont watch BBC news and take it as red because that very neive.

i am starting to believe that ppl on this board believe there is a real war on terror and 9/11 was done by muslims!!!!

its all about taking liberties and freedom away.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The ICM opinion poll also indicates that a fifth have sympathy with the "feelings and motives" of the suicide bombers who attacked London last July 7, killing 52 people, although 99 per cent thought the bombers were wrong to carry out the atrocity.

I dont believe for one minute those muslim lads carried out those bombings. why did they buy return tickets? easy for government agents to say to them - oh carry these bags around london to A and B and we will give you a grand. Also there are stories about a different security team working in the bus depot where the bus was that blew up the day before. planting the bombs me thinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0y9nvj70xc

dont believe conspiracy theories blindly but dont watch BBC news and take it as red because that very neive.

i am starting to believe that ppl on this board believe there is a real war on terror and 9/11 was done by muslims!!!!

its all about taking liberties and freedom away.

Sorry mate .......... I dont know whether this is you being ironic.....or jus moronic..

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
there where no asians on the bus you fool and the bus was diverted. surely that makes you the moron for believing what you r fed.

daniel obercache was the ONLY eye witness from that bus. they did not take his statement fro 7 months.

its worth seeing what he has to say as apose to what bbc told you. and his life is under threat too.

your a sheep. surely your missing eastenders now.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here