Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince Facing Mutiny

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
not suprised at all.......... anybody who calls himself 'the guvnor' is up his own arse.

always going on about not enough black managers in the premership, maybe they are just not good enough rather than a race issue...............

personally i do not like the bloke

Sounds reminiscent of what happened to Sturrock at Southampton... the players didn't like his methods, and eventually he was ousted. Given that someone said on here that they've been shithouse in preseason, a few losses at the start and he could be out on his ear.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ince is bloody lucky there's some dross coming up from the Championship. In any normal year there would be a big club like Sunderland, Birmingham, Man City, West Ham or Fulham coming up with a prospect of locking up a Prem spot. As it is Blackburn might be able to stay up with 35 points.

Losing Brad Friedel was bad news, losing Bentley was damaging and the continuing speculation about Roque Santa Cruz isn't helping. They haven't brought in any quality and will struggle.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To be fair black managers aren't good enough which does make it a race issue - the same way black people cant run a nation.

But let's not get into that!

No let's DO get into that. So Nelson Mandela couldn't run a nation?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I think what MrV is trying to say is that their are not enough black people who are good enough to manage football teams. I havent got a clue why he said black people can't run nations though, unless he means there are not enough black people who do not have the qualities to run Great Britain for example. (although I believe Barack Obama is more than capable to run USA)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
CK, I KNOW what he said - it's one of the most racist things I've read on this board.

Maybe he should try telling Champions League-winning manager Frank Rijkaard he's a shit manager?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So dreadlocked, dark-skinned Rijkaard isn't what you'd call a black manager, then?

I think what MrV is trying to say is that their are not enough black people who are good enough to manage football teams. I havent got a clue why he said black people can't run nations though, unless he means there are not enough black people who do not have the qualities to run Great Britain for example. (although I believe Barack Obama is more than capable to run USA)

Is that true though? Or is it that they aren't given enough opportunities?

However, to link this with another thread, it seems difficult for some people to ascertain the difference between the two. There was an article on BBC Sport a month or so ago where John Barnes was effectively saying he wasn't being given a chance because he was black. Whereas the truth is he hasn't been given another job because he was so appalling bad at Celtic.

I certainly think that it's something that is/will change though; as more and more black players come through there will be, as a result, more staying in football after they finish playing. Another BBC article published around the same time as the Barnes one said that 20% of players in the football league are black, compared to 1% of coaches.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looks to me like a desperate measure to keep Roque at the club. I see the mail is running a "Benni McCarthy to Galatasaray" story today...

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Nah I was being a tad more racist than that to be honest. Anyone who denies that there are slight genetic differences between black people and white people are , well, in denial.

Black people generally do not excell in these sorts of roles, and looking at the dire state of African politics at the moment, can't run a nation either and were seemingly better off with the white man in charge :thumbsup:

A lot of Africa's problems were caused by European colonialism. They drew the borders of African countries out of artificial lines in the deserts and jungles with no regard for the people living there. So Africa ended up with different ethnic groups spread across different countries leading to all sorts of border wars and civil wars. Of course, a lot of the problems there are home grown, but many of them originate from the actions of the white man in the past.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nah I was being a tad more racist than that to be honest. Anyone who denies that there are slight genetic differences between black people and white people are , well, in denial.

Black people generally do not excell in these sorts of roles, and looking at the dire state of African politics at the moment, can't run a nation either and were seemingly better off with the white man in charge :thumbsup:

You're on dangerous ground here, mate. If you like American Football you'll know that the Colts won the Superbowl in 2007...with a black head coach in Tony Dungy. Or basketball? The Celtics won the NBA Finals this year Doc Rivers - a black coach.

Sure, there are a greater number of successful white coaches but the likes of Dungy, Rivers and Rijkaard piss on your argument.

You're on dangerous ground here, mate. If you like American Football you'll know that the Colts won the Superbowl in 2007...with a black head coach in Tony Dungy. Or basketball? The Celtics won the NBA Finals this year Doc Rivers - a black coach.

Sure, there are a greater number of successful white coaches but the likes of Dungy, Rivers and Rijkaard piss on your argument.

It's interesting; some people (often Americans) herald US sport as a utopia of sporting racial equality. However I think I'm right in saying that Dungy was the first black coach to win the Superbowl? Black coaches are much more prevalent in these sports because they represent a much higher percentage of players in these sports; and have done for a while. That's why I'm hopeful that the number of black coaches in british football will increase over time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here