Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince Facing Mutiny

So if white world leaders are quite good and black ones are useless, where does Mahatma Gandhi fit into all this? Acceptably average, could try harder?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
So if white world leaders are quite good and black ones are useless, where does Mahatma Gandhi fit into all this? Acceptably average, could try harder?

I'm wondering where Hitler fits into this?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
it depends whether you are examining them on their skills in uniting people under a common cause or administrative governance skills in how history will judge them.

it depends whether you are examining them on their skills in uniting people under a common cause or administrative governance skills in how history will judge them.

Yeah true, I've often said it, "If only Gandhi had had better administrative governance skills he could have been a truly adequate leader of brown people."

Dandyman

In London village.

Okey dokey - Mandela, Nehru, Nkruhma, Nyrere, Lumumba, Machel, and Jinnah seem to meet most of that criteria.

Albion Rob

I think the problem is how the coaching role is perceived in the English game. Unfortunately only a handful of English (technically British) coaches have embraced progressive methods, Hughes, Alladyce, Dowie, Bothroyd etc...usually to good effect. I think the rather antiquainted idea that a manager should have operated in the lower leagues first is pretty much Rubbish and I think Ince will prove that. The old work them hard and get them motivated stuff may work in Lge 2 but not in the Prem.

Bloody hell, that's depressing, Hughes, Allardyce and Boothroyd manage teams that play ugly, ugly football.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Of course there should be more black coaches and managers to say otherwise is just stupid. That said, we should not let people manage/coach in our top league without having gained the coaching qualifications they are meant to have before they start coaching. The Premier League let Southgate get away with it and did the same for Ince. There always seems to be an exception, but no other European "footballing" country would let that happen so why do we? It's part of an unprofessional, lazy attitude towards coaching which has held us back for so many years now.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
Of course there should be more black coaches and managers to say otherwise is just stupid. That said, we should not let people manage/coach in our top league without having gained the coaching qualifications they are meant to have before they start coaching. The Premier League let Southgate get away with it and did the same for Ince. There always seems to be an exception, but no other European "footballing" country would let that happen so why do we? It's part of an unprofessional, lazy attitude towards coaching which has held us back for so many years now.

thats the reason why ince was allowed in my opinion. the fact that he keeps mentioning the lack of black managers............................

f.a fear of being accused of racism.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
thats the reason why ince was allowed in my opinion. the fact that he keeps mentioning the lack of black managers............................

f.a fear of being accused of racism.

Yeah, I know, terrible business all this positive discrimination malarkey.

Why do you think Southgate was allowed then ?....In your opinion like.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

Because with Bryan Robson dropping out of the Premiership, we needed a new shit English manager...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Can't be seen to actively discriminate against folk with enormous noses. Or so I've heard.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Because with Bryan Robson dropping out of the Premiership, we needed a new shit English manager...

Aha, the vacuum theory ? I think you could be onto something there :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Refuses to eat his dinner and they give him India. Your aving a larf.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can't be seen to actively discriminate against folk with enormous noses. Or so I've heard.

I heard that too.

Political Correctness gone mad !

I blame Europe. :angry:

Dandyman

In London village.

Spot on, top post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here