Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm sorry but Harley is Gash

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What a bunch of tools you are: Harley had a decent game today (apart from ONE bad pass in the first half) and if you can't see that then you're blinded by his previous performances.

Navarro did bugger all in the second half, but I don't see any threads telling everyone how useless he was.

Let's be fair to the bloke, FFS.

This is why you are, if you don't mind me saying, the best poster of this forum by a long shot.

To everyone I put right last week - I'd just like to say a massive;

I TOLD YOU SO YOU STUPID TWATS

Harley has a touch of class and a great finish. Everyone who wrote him off as lazy and not up to it I hope will take a massive slice of humble pie tonight.

Harley was excellent for us and very creative, topping a great performance with a goal.

The people on here who dislike a player after a handful of games (most or all of which in some cases they've never watched) are bellends of the highest nature who can add nothing to a footballing debate because they know NOTHING about football.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So you thought Navaro was good and Noone was poor?

No I thought Navaro played well and Nooney was not at his best that we have seen in previous games.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
what a crap player has a so lazy i can't be bothered attitude, everyone will probably have a go at be because he scored a tap in but, imagine having s hammond or an oatway or carpenter in there

i would say he's a big reason why we are not playing like we were before
..i'm sorry but u havent a clue

This is why you are, if you don't mind me saying, the best poster of this forum by a long shot.

To everyone I put right last week - I'd just like to say a massive;

I TOLD YOU SO YOU STUPID TWATS

Harley has a touch of class and a great finish. Everyone who wrote him off as lazy and not up to it I hope will take a massive slice of humble pie tonight.

Harley was excellent for us and very creative, topping a great performance with a goal.

The people on here who dislike a player after a handful of games (most or all of which in some cases they've never watched) are bellends of the highest nature who can add nothing to a footballing debate because they know NOTHING about football.

Every thread that has been started about Harley I have defended him because I can see one of the best passers of the ball at the club. He is not a ball winner but a creative player who can finish and he put in a good shift of work today. I came back to Kent thinking my earlier view had been vindicated and that nobody would be criticising him tonight.
How wrong I was when I came on here and read some of the drivel that has been written by a few posters criticising him.
Of course it is about opinions but they have to be based on reality rather than bigoted and ill informed bias.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
For me, Harley was ok. He seems though, to spend an awful lot of time in a hall of mirrors, practicing with an invisible ball and having his every imaginary pass photographed to add to his scrapbook called SHAZAM. He obviously has come class to him, but he's yet to devastate or play much beyond a carefully-weighted sideways ball. I hope he finds his place in the team and starts to show what he's all about as part of a team.

Nooney was splendiferous. He was looking at the bench from 65 mins on, exhausted from rounding their right-back again and again in the second half and simply expecting to get a break. For long periods our only threat and beautiful to watch.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He was fine today, what's the problem? I knew as soon as he was subbed that people would take that as the cue to launch into him again with their preconceived criticism. In that sense, I wished Gus would leave him on for the full 90. I assume he was only taken off as Barnes offers more defensively too, especially in the air. Judging by the way Gus embraced him as he came off it was nothing to do with his performance, just a case of attacking job done, now let us see it through. To me he looks potentially a very decent player. Getting on his back won't help him achieve that potential.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought Nooney had a decent first half..not quite the same 2nd half..maybe picked up a knock after being clattered into ?

I'd agree with that. Life's getting tougher for Nooney as teams recognise that he's been head and shoulders our best player all season. But great to have him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
From where i was watching he had their right back at it all game. It's weird how people have such different opinions. Thought Noone and Harley done well.

Noone does a lot of good work but has a woeful final ball. People might be entertained by his running fullbacks ragged but his final ball is appalling.

What r u talking about? CMS was brilliant 2nd half.............and you want him dropped! This site never ceases to amaze me.

Brilliant! Jesus, if you are entertained by someone running around a lot then I hope you got tickets to se Mo Farah next year. CMS is lacking confidence. He wasn't unlucky not to score, he missed when one on one with the keeper, admittedly after some good work having had the ball flicked through by Paynter. Everything else was tirelessly running around like a headless chicken failing to control any ball that came at him. Still, if you find that entertaining then you must be a very happy person tonight.

Ok. I accept your constructive criticism, but I disagree. He was very unlucky not to score and he ran his socks off all game. (Off to put kettle on).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Navarro poor? Noone poor? Game of opinions I suppose but wow, thankfully Gus doesn't/didn't agree

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Much better today. Nice to see a midfielder getting in the box to score, which we have missed since Hammond left.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Much better today. Nice to see a midfielder getting in the box to score, which we have missed since Hammond left.

Indeed, CMS was through like a scalded cat & Harley did very well to get where he did to score, Bridcutt, Sparrow, navarro & dicker would have still been in the centre circle

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
Ryan Harley is winning me over! Watched him at Leicester and he looked as if he could not be bothered to roll his sleeves up and put in a shift. However, against Barnsley he was behind some of our better moves and (priceless) he is our only midfielder capable of scoring a goal. He is very much an attacking midfielder and clearly needs cover from a defending midfielder. Think we should keep going with him as I suspect he will only get better and contribute more and more offensively - something we badly need. Would like to see Bridcutt and Reyes provding the cover though.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
he needs to be a little bit more precise with his passing, and not hold on to the ball to long. I do honestly think Harley can be a good player in the future, if we can get him to do the basics. But I'm glad he was in the right place at the right time on Sunday, with the second goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here