Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Im not homophobic,BUT..........

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
berkshire seagull said:
Looking through was interesting and for people to say if you don't like it move out mmmmm.
Fact is 97% are not born and bred brighton people,so i would suggest the straights have a bloody fair argument end of.

Rather they all shot off to another town or city:glare:

yeah, how about Reading?

Telscombe Seagull said:
not being funny but if your against this kind of thing then why live in brighton?????

Brighton has been the capital for this kind of thing for a LOT longer than people realise, and certainly a lot longer than any of us have been alive (unless you fought in the great war!)

if you don't like it the piss off, and no i'm not gay.

It's enough to make a person leave Brighton, I must agree.

Los Angeles is fairly warm this morning, sun expected, but not enough football.

Greetings to all (straight) Brightonians :wave:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
NMH said:
Are you suggesting they make all sexual deviations illegal now? C'mon pasty, that'll upset the arse-bandits !! :lolol:

Let's just imagine you suddenly got attracted to someone of the same sex, would you;
A) Kill yourself.
B) Kill them.
C) Pretend you don't ,and live a lie.
D) Admit it.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Safeway said:
The precise reason why why Pride takes place in Brighton and not Swindon or Burnley is because Brighton is such a tolerant city. If it took place in a lot of other places then it would probably be hijacked by bottle-throwing chavs. Apart from being a celebration of people's sexulaity, Pride is also a celebration of what a fantastically cosmopoliton and tolerant city Brighton & Hove is.

Cardiff also has an annual Gay Mardi Gras. The main festival takes place on a Saturday (Sept 4th this year) in the castle grounds. It's a big event. Very popular and well-attended.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
If Hove Born & Inbred, Berkshire Seagull, NMH, Junior, Strike etc feel so strongly about Pride being held in “their” city every year perhaps they could organise a rival event as a protest?

I’m serious.

Obviously only white straight folk originally from Brighton (with birth certificate as proof) would be allowed in join in the ‘fun’. No transsexuals though, of course!!

And no gingers. Or tax-dodging students.

The organisers could reserve the right to exclude any other minority without notice – ie anyone with a funny, foreign-sounding name.

Women would be most welcome (although I very much doubt any would actually want to go).

They’d be no house or techno music - that’s for druggies. No disco music either - that was all made by gayers.

No bright-coloured, gay-looking drinks will be available - it’s strictly lager and bitter (British only - none of that foreign muck!), and only in pints (halves are for poofs, of course).

Come on, it will be excellent.

(In phone box, if raining)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No thanks, I'm washing my hair.:lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
chez said:
Why should he piss off, he's normal. Get the freaks to piss off!!! Fcuking fags!

You consider gay people to be 'freaks' and decribe them as 'f***ing fags', and yet your avatar shows a picture of Marc Almond.

How does that work then?

??? :glare: ???

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
dougdeep said:
Let's just imagine you suddenly got attracted to someone of the same sex, would you;
A) Kill yourself.
B) Kill them.
C) Pretend you don't ,and live a lie.
D) Admit it.
Kill myself:shootself

D

Deleted User X18H

Wozza said:
If Hove Born & Inbred, Berkshire Seagull, NMH, Junior, Strike etc feel so strongly about Pride being held in “their” city every year perhaps they could organise a rival event as a protest?

I’m serious.

Obviously only white straight folk originally from Brighton (with birth certificate as proof) would be allowed in join in the ‘fun’. No transsexuals though, of course!!

And no gingers. Or tax-dodging students.

The organisers could reserve the right to exclude any other minority without notice – ie anyone with a funny, foreign-sounding name.

Women would be most welcome (although I very much doubt any would actually want to go).

They’d be no house or techno music - that’s for druggies. No disco music either - that was all made by gayers.

No bright-coloured, gay-looking drinks will be available - it’s strictly lager and bitter (British only - none of that foreign muck!), and only in pints (halves are for poofs, of course).

Come on, it will be excellent.

(In phone box, if raining)
Fantastic idea .........however this is an almost nightly occurence at Hove Conservative Club

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
let people live their own lives, if they are gay then so be it who am i to judge them, move on, enjoy your own life its far to short to worrie about others peoples.

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The Laughing Bluebird said:
You consider gay people to be 'freaks' and decribe them as 'f***ing fags', and yet your avatar shows a picture of Marc Almond.

How does that work then?

??? :glare: ???

Coz I was told to remove my BNP avatar I had to find another one, and despite Marc Almond & Dave Ball being Freaks they still made excellent music IMHO.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
chez said:
Coz I was told to remove my BNP avatar I had to find another one, and despite Marc Almond & Dave Ball being Freaks they still made excellent music IMHO.

Assume you know the urban myth about Marc Almond being rushed to hospital, where doctors found he'd swallowed a pint of semen?

Hope that doesn't spoil your enjoyment of his records. :drink:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Jesus Horatio Tap-dancing CHRIST some of the stuff posted here depresses me (not the Marc Almond story though, that was funny).

OK, I come from a wet wanky liberal Guardian-eating muesli-wearing sandal-reading background... and lots of my friends, and some of my relatives, are gay. But I'm going to rant the following anyway:

Pride started in London (I think) in the 1970s when there was still a huge deal of prejudice being meted out against gay people by the authorities. Only this weekend I read an article about the former chief constable of Greater Manchester, James Anderton, who sent police patrol boats with spotlights along the Rochdale canal looking for gay people to hunt down. They may not have been doing anything illegal... they might have been holding hands or kissing. But good old GMP nicked them anyway.

Then there was section 28. That meant that if your parents were gay, your teachers at school were LEGALLY BARRED from reassuring you that your home life was absolutely normal... and that people can be excellent parents no matter which sex they happen to fancy.

Not long ago, some IDIOT went round nail-bombing gay pubs in London. Some people died.

If you live somewhere that's not Manchester, or Brighton, or parts of London, it can be bloody tricky being gay. That, I think, is why lots of gay people come to live in Brighton. Not everywhere has a pride march... and I'm bloody, er, proud that my home town does. It's because it's a GENERALLY NICE, FRIENDLY and RELAXED PLACE where VERY FEW PEOPLE CARE which bloody GENDER you FANCY.

And whichever idiot was going on about the council not showing the same degree of acceptance towards us as Brighton fans, what the hell do you think the number of open-top bus parades we've had down the years have been? A kick in the bloody face?

I wish that some of the ill-mannered, illiterate homophobic ARSEHOLES on here would just GO AWAY. You know who you are, and you're a waste of bloody air.

Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here