Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Im not homophobic,BUT..........

Oct 25, 2003
NMH said:

If people who want to have sex with animals marched about snogging their pet, or masochists pranced about with leather straps around their nuts they can expect derision for going against nature and wanting to exhibit their particular mental disorder.

that is because having sex with an animal is illegal

and man having sex with another man is not

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Gullet said:
Yes, and gays were the main culprits in the spread of Aids. Some people died. But lets not mention that eh? I wouldn't want to put them in a bad light.
(Waits for loads of posts telling me that they had nothing to do with it).:angry: :angry:

Oh good grief. Please, please just think about what you're comparing there.

You're comparing a man who went round deliberately trying to harm or kill people... a terrorist... with the spread of an infection that NOBODY means to pass on.

You really make me rather ashamed to be of the same species as you.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Oh good grief. Please, please just think about what you're comparing there.

You're comparing a man who went round deliberately trying to harm or kill people... a terrorist... with the spread of an infection that NOBODY means to pass on.

You really make me rather ashamed to be of the same species as you.

gullet

i think you want to get your facts sorted, aids and hiv has been spread faster by the heterosexuals than homosexuals over the past few years and it is on the increase because of heterosexual promiscuity. it just proves how ignorant you are of the disease to spout crap like that.

i can't believe the amount of bigoted opinions on here. i am straight and i am proud to live near brighton if they want to shut the town off for the day who gives a toss, its once a year i went last year and had one of the best days, its a scream. if your homophobic why live in brighton?

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
junior said:
Im setting up a rights group to lobby and get next years GAY PRIDE banned!!!!!! I live very close to preston park and cant bear the endless stream of faggots ive had to put up with outside my house since i got back from Reading.
I went out at about 8pm to get a take-away indian,and there was millions of the puffters all over the place kissing and holding hands.

I want to know when this years STRIGHT PRIDE is????????

Piss off puff's-YOUR NOT WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!:flameboun

now i'm no poof but i'll bet you like the rest of us want a new stadium at falmer? am i wrong?

so for gay pride to be banned or moved, sounds a bit like
NOT IN MY BACK YARD!:glare:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
the "problem" with pride is that it ends up at preston park which means that any seafront parade has to cut through major traffic junctions to get there. personally i don't mind at all if the buses are cancelled, but i can appreciate other people being less pleased...especially the old ladies around my way in hove trying to get into town for their saturday shopping. perhaps a route through the clocktower is not the most sensible?

whatever, i thought the parade on saturday was wonderful. colourful, full of life and a great advert for living in brighton!

Last edited:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
If the gay population want to celebrate their sexuality and take some sort of "pride" about being different, then so be it

Not my cup of tea, but if you don't like it, do what I did this year..........left the city for two days, so I didn't have to hear the gay couple who live above me having a full on party saturday night and not having to see all the mincers in the city

Simple innit?!!

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Re: Re: Im not homophobic,BUT..........

MidlandSeagull69 said:
now i'm no poof but i'll bet you like the rest of us want a new stadium at falmer? am i wrong?

so for gay pride to be banned or moved, sounds a bit like
NOT IN MY BACK YARD!:glare:

:clap2: :clap2:

anyway its not gay pride anymore as someone says its pride. that means everyone having pride in themselves and who they are

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
To be homophobic means you have just got to be a sad, lonely, frightened person. Or a wanker. End of.

Problem is that because PRIDE happens on the first day of the footy season, it means Brighton have to play away. Which means, unless we are playing somewhere inconvenient, I am going to miss them every year. Which is a shame, cos PRIDE is great.

And no-one accused anyone of being a BNP member, just that they have the same socio-political views. So they might as well join up...

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The thing I do not understand about Gay Pride is Why?

Gay people have longed to be accepted into society, but surely these celebrations and festivals just make them look even weirder and different from the hetrosexual society.

if a gay couple behaved like any other loving hetrosexual couple, nobody would bat an eyelid and nobody would care what they are.

What are they celebrating anyway?

I just dont understand it!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's not Gay Pride, Wookiee. It's Pride.

It is a celebratory carnival of sexuality which grew out of a much more social political reactionary stance from groups like Stonewall against police brutality, homophobia and acts of violence, discrimination and intolerance against homosexuality and homosexuals.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
The Wookiee said:
The thing I do not understand about Gay Pride is Why?

It's a party. A celebration.

You don't understand why a collection of like-minded people want to get together and have a good time?

Just how miserable are you!?!?

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
I think Pride is great - it proves what a cosmopolition, open minded and laid back city we live in - everyone knows Brighton is a gay friendly city and to be quite honest, if you hate gay people - dont live in Brighton!!!

It also brings excellent revenue to the city - we rely on tourist trade and the more we can attract, the better!

PRIDE :clap2:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Wozza said:
It's a party. A celebration.

You don't understand why a collection of like-minded people want to get together and have a good time?

Just how miserable are you!?!?

Lets get one thing sorted out.

I am not against it, and am certainley not miserable.

I just cant see the point in celebrating your sexuality, people are what they are and at the end of the day it is just sexual preference its no bloody big deal!!

We, being basically the white straight population, have our own "Proud" get togethers avery Saturday at Withdean and at grounds around the country, so why can't the gays have one day of partying in the park? I also live right by Preston Park and think it's a good thing. We take the kids down there to gawp at the silly costumes for a bit, laugh at the ugly lesbians and take pride that Brighton is cool enough to stage such an event. So what if the buses don't run for a few hours, and there's a lot of men in sailor outfits about. If you don't like it, go and live in somewhere like Burnley where they probably hate gays amongst other minorities.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The Wookiee said:
I just cant see the point in celebrating your sexuality, people are what they are and at the end of the day it is just sexual preference its no bloody big deal!!

It is a big deal if you've been beaten up, or verbally abused, or had laws made against you, or generally been opressed in the past, "only because of your sexuality".

We now live in much more tolerant times, and that is the reason for celebrating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here