Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm interested to know your thoughts on this issue I have

NMH -You really are a creature of habit. Here's a thread where, obliquely, stewarding is mentioned.*You don't know the full facts, yet opine on the matter as if it's the definitive answer. The definitive answer being that the steward is always right and dissenters are troublemakers and to be treated with disregard.*I can almost taste the contempt. As usual,*others have pointed out*how*silly that view is*and then you ignore that and give a completely different answer. London Irish would be proud of you.
You're not Charles Bronson out to bring order out of chaos. You're a weekend warrior in a hi-res jacket, you sad man. An embarrassment to your colleagues. Really, don't bother replying on this thread anymore. Save your bile for Saturday.

Build yourself up, but you are wormy, and your metro-hand-holder Simster.

You brought up the subject of a doorman of a business asking that your kid doff their hat. No big deal for most people, but for you a huge affront and an issue to whinge about.
I say that it's for the establishment to enforce their own rules, and if THEY want to ask you to wear a palace top before entering their pub - then that would be up to them, and they'd have to suffer the lost revenue from it.
You either be an example to yourself and your kid if you object so much, and don't go in, or you do as they ask. Simples.

Stewarding, that some of you lot seem to rail against like it's for sub-military wannabes, is necessary. You WANT to be protected against nasty Millwall fans (like last season, the ones that did not get in, that you weren't even aware of), or else it'll be just like when they would "take" the North stand at the Goldstone - with you and your kid getting punched, maybe?
Or perhaps stewards regulate where people go in the stands, so that they abide by the seat number on their ticket. Or perhaps they protect Adebayor from getting a pummeling, resulting in massive fines for his club, arrests and bannings, and the club can't enter competitions for years (or get chucked out of a borrowed stadium??)
Nowadays, stewards are aware of fire issues and possibilities, crowd crushing - so there won't be another Hillsborough at Withdean - or Falmer.

Nice of you who want to express how little you respect stewards, but why not walk up to those outside the gate and spout about what 'little jumped-up cop wannabe no-marks' they are? Go on, stick yer neck out, tell the Football League in letters, how you despise stewards for enforcing smoking rules, getting the big skinhead racist to stop using that language in front of your child and/or missus, or those thugs behind to stop kicking your chair and spilling beer on your metro-hair, or that bunch of chavs to quit spoiling your afternoon by standing right where you want to see the game, and taking your kid's scarf, and bringing an extra couple of pals over and sitting in your seat. And just when you think we are going to win an important match - some opposing fan runs on the pitch and clouts the referee for that penalty we scored, thus succeeding in getting the match abandoned and us losing those points in the inquest.... and not getting the go-ahead for a new stadium.

Yep, if only the world was FREE, like Simster and Buzzer would have it.
Woopdeedoo, wouldn't it be flowery-powery - not like with those jackbooted military nazis in high visibility SS uniforms.

Riiiight

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_ww6aK2yD0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_ww6aK2yD0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Build yourself up, but you are wormy, and your metro-hand-holder Simster.

You brought up the subject of a doorman of a business asking that your kid doff their hat. No big deal for most people, but for you a huge affront and an issue to whinge about.
I say that it's for the establishment to enforce their own rules, and if THEY want to ask you to wear a palace top before entering their pub - then that would be up to them, and they'd have to suffer the lost revenue from it.
You either be an example to yourself and your kid if you object so much, and don't go in, or you do as they ask. Simples.

Stewarding, that some of you lot seem to rail against like it's for sub-military wannabes, is necessary. You WANT to be protected against nasty Millwall fans (like last season, the ones that did not get in, that you weren't even aware of), or else it'll be just like when they would "take" the North stand at the Goldstone - with you and your kid getting punched, maybe?
Or perhaps stewards regulate where people go in the stands, so that they abide by the seat number on their ticket. Or perhaps they protect Adebayor from getting a pummeling, resulting in massive fines for his club, arrests and bannings, and the club can't enter competitions for years (or get chucked out of a borrowed stadium??)
Nowadays, stewards are aware of fire issues and possibilities, crowd crushing - so there won't be another Hillsborough at Withdean - or Falmer.

Nice of you who want to express how little you respect stewards, but why not walk up to those outside the gate and spout about what 'little jumped-up cop wannabe no-marks' they are? Go on, stick yer neck out, tell the Football League in letters, how you despise stewards for enforcing smoking rules, getting the big skinhead racist to stop using that language in front of your child and/or missus, or those thugs behind to stop kicking your chair and spilling beer on your metro-hair, or that bunch of chavs to quit spoiling your afternoon by standing right where you want to see the game, and taking your kid's scarf, and bringing an extra couple of pals over and sitting in your seat. And just when you think we are going to win an important match - some opposing fan runs on the pitch and clouts the referee for that penalty we scored, thus succeeding in getting the match abandoned and us losing those points in the inquest.... and not getting the go-ahead for a new stadium.

Yep, if only the world was FREE, like Simster and Buzzer would have it.
Woopdeedoo, wouldn't it be flowery-powery - not like with those jackbooted military nazis in high visibility SS uniforms.

Riiiight

That is hilarious.

If ever someone COMPLETELY missed the point and watched it sail off into the middle distance its you fella.

How does you heading off the Treatment equate to some jobsworth picking on a 7 year old kid?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is when push comes to shove. Most of the instances above dont really happen...

I cannot for one min see if it kicks off how any steward can handle him/herself either. They needed about fifty to eject the drunk bloke from the south stand at the stockport game!!

He's SEVEN YEARS OLD you penarse.

Excellent. What better time to learn how to really rebel against the authority of a trained accredited doorman.

1)Kick doorman in the shin.
2)walk past doorman as if he didn't exist, keeping hat firmly on head
3)walk away from the place, refusing to give them his business.
4)complain to the management, and find out what they say.

Look, Buzzer asked for opinions and I gave mine - if you don't like what my opinion is, don't f***ing ask for it and then make attacks on my position as a steward - IT'S CHEAP SHOT SHIT and I can only heap MY DISDAIN on people who are this f***ing GAY.
Here's my original comment, which was apparently up for criticism by Buzzer the asker-for-opinions, followed by his girlfriends with their usual upskirt point of view.

The hat issue for the 7-year-old was probably more to make sure you did what you were told, than for any other more-concrete reason.

For match days, I expect they are alert to people who don't want to recognize the authority of the establishment that is hosting them.

It's all part of their keeping order, and how they want it kept - so it's up to them.

Now pull your f***ing selves together, for fucks sake.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Thing is when push comes to shove. Most of the instances above dont really happen...

I cannot for one min see if it kicks off how any steward can handle him/herself either. They needed about fifty to eject the drunk bloke from the south stand at the stockport game!!

Agreed. Also when we played Leeds the fantastic stewarding ensured there was not ONE Leeds cockpiece in the south stand..no, there were more like 200.

Stewards are not there to be in a title-fight with any nob who's misbehaving, as a sideshow to a football game.

I mean, are you serious?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Flounce-ometer needle pushing towards the red. This has all the makings.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Look, Buzzer asked for opinions and I gave mine - if you don't like what my opinion is, don't f***ing ask for it and then make attacks on my position as a steward - IT'S CHEAP SHOT SHIT and I can only heap MY DISDAIN on people who are this f***ing GAY.
Here's my original comment, which was apparently up for criticism by Buzzer the asker-for-opinions, followed by his girlfriends with their usual upskirt point of view.

Now pull your f***ing selves together, for fucks sake.

You being a Steward does not prevent you from saying, "sometimes the rules should be enforced sensitively" does it? why does it have to be so bloody linear..Thems the rules now f*** off..that sort of shit.

I can think of quite a few people who have posted on here about stupid,overzealous, pernickity and jobsworth security/stewarding and I can say from many hours experience at football matches that there are good and bad...and you know what the difference is? common sense and a bit of nous.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Stewards are not there to be in a title-fight with any nob who's misbehaving, as a sideshow to a football game.

I mean, are you serious?

Yes in case this happens, after all with the thuggery you have outlined its bound to kick off!

You WANT to be protected against nasty Millwall fans (like last season, the ones that did not get in, that you weren't even aware of), or else it'll be just like when they would "take" the North stand at the Goldstone - with you and your kid getting punched, maybe?

getting the big skinhead racist to stop using that language in front of your child and/or missus, or those thugs behind to stop kicking your chair and spilling beer on your metro-hair, or that bunch of chavs to quit spoiling your afternoon by standing right where you want to see the game, and taking your kid's scarf, and bringing an extra couple of pals over and sitting in your seat. And just when you think we are going to win an important match - some opposing fan runs on the pitch and clouts the referee for that penalty we scored, thus succeeding in getting the match abandoned and us losing those points in the inquest.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You chose not to save the bile until Saturday then NMH?

Your opinion was basically that the stewards chose to intimidate a 7 year old as a way of exerting their authority. I think that tells us everything we need to know about why you chose to be a steward and what you would do if a load of millwall top boys came charging the South Stand.

Keep digging. Please do. Any newcomers to the board can see the way your mind works. You really are a nasty piece of work. But amusing, in a "hey kids, look at that man shouting at the computer and wanking furiously" kind of way.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Your opinion was basically that the stewards chose to intimidate a 7 year old as a way of exerting their authority. I think that tells us everything we need to know about why you chose to be a steward and what you would do if a load of millwall top boys came charging the South Stand.

Ask them to take their hats off OBVIOUSLY...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think i missed the Leeds game, so...what happened??

What happens at every Leeds game lots of Leeds fans....none get ejected tho they are easily identified when they score.

Happened for the last 3 years now.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
What happens at every Leeds game lots of Leeds fans....none get ejected tho they are easily identified when they score.

Happened for the last 3 years now.

Is correct. That and H block going nuts at some Leeds Prick and his bird jumping up and down pissed next to them whilst the bovine stewards wandered up and down telling the Brighton fans to sit down...

You chose not to save the bile until Saturday then NMH?

Keep digging. Please do. Any newcomers to the board can see the way your mind works. You really are a nasty piece of work. But amusing, in a "hey kids, look at that man shouting at the computer and wanking furiously" kind of way.

Cut the bullshit. I said NOTHING about 'a steward', you said IN YOUR ORIGINAL f***ing POST SO READ IT! that it was a BOUNCER.

Sort your shit out Buzzer, you are so focussed on my opinion "because I am a steward" that you don't EVEN know what you are talking about.

The Sportsman employ their own staff, and I doubt they have to abide by league rules about how they police their establishment.

Like I said, pull yourself together.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Ask them to take their hats off OBVIOUSLY...

Only if they were 7 years old..What about those surgical masks that Millwall are famous for? probably OK as a sensible precaution against Swine Flu.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here