Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm cancelling my Argus subscription as from now

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Whatever the facts of this case, and if these players are guilty then they should be brought to justice.

I found the Argus front page to be totally distasteful and inappropriate. Printing the (yet to be found guilty) players names is one thing, but interspersing the names with the Albion logo is just gratuitous and crass, and whoever sanctioned this vile sub-tabloid shit stirring should be sacked.

There are many young kids out there who love the albion and will see the Albion logo on the front page and ask their parents what the story is all about.

I am now happy to join the many of you on NSC who think the Argus is shit. Yes, you are right, and I will cancel my subscription from tonight.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Just wondering did you do this to every other national news papers when they published players names from other clubs, that have been caught up in situations like this

I don't subscribe to any other newspapers and you obviously didn't understand the point of my post.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Just wondering did you do this to every other national news papers when they published players names from other clubs, that have been caught up in situations like this

and will you boycott papers in the future when the next inevitable case comes along in a few months time?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

:facepalm: give me strength

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Boycott it now, the argus is our local paper and should be supporting our club. Not damaging it. The front of the argus today was shocking.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have cancelled my delivery from Monday.

It's not the fact they named the players it's the way they did it.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'm not, the parrot won't have anything to shit on if I cancel

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
The Argus needs the Albion more than the Albion needs the Argus, theyve bitten the hand that feeds them

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I hardly buy it anyway. I do miss the pink sports Argus which i use to always purchase.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I have cancelled my delivery from Monday.

It's not the fact they named the players it's the way they did it.

The players' names were splashed all over the front page, together with multiple images of the club crest and a photo of the Amex. That was wholly gratuitous, crass, insensitive and cynical. I sent an e-mail of complaint to The Argus, but I doubt that I will receive a reply.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I never buy - but wouldnt now on principle. I didn't think it was necessary to have a picture of the Amex and the badges either and those names splashed right across the front - it was distasteful and ridiculous!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I have never bought it since they insisted on giving 'even' coverage to 50 Falmer residents v 10,000 Abion fans. They don't seem to learn

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I thought The Argus had more class than that. I was wrong. They've made things very awkward between themselves and the club now and how do you begin to explain to your little lad or lass if you're a parent what it's all about?

Tommy Elphick has the right to sue the paper now which could lead to it going bust. I wouldn't shed any tears as there could be a better replacement for it.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Andy Naylor, are you watching?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here