Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you're not going to Palace tomorrow tonight what's your reason?

What is your reason for not going to Palace? (you can pick more than one)

• Can't afford to go

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • Scared of potential trouble

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Work

Votes: 41 23.6%
  • Don't want to see us lose

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Not enough points to get ticket

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 49 28.2%

• Total voters

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Not enough points (I assume zero!!), live in West Yorkshire. If I was going to come down south for a game, it would be at the Amex, not at a pikey caravan site full of benefit cheats.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I suppose it came down to cash. I could have gone but have to draw the line somewhere and would rather spend on home games (Newcastle and 5th rnd had it been at home).

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I live too far away. Which I guess means my reason's a mixture of not having the money, (I've already flown at least once every month since July, I'm going to Prague later this month and have to come back to Brighton for a week in March - canm't afford any more plane tickets!), work (Can't get there and back without losing a day's work) and not having enough points (what with living abroad and all that)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have been there about six times. I don't like it. It is hassle, minor aggro, climate is awful, pollution, rotten parking and car vandalism. And no sense of humour up there.

I feel like Eric Cantona about it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Fantastic post on the BBS today (I've had to shorten it or you'd fall asleep):

The cup exit means that the season is effectively over (imo). We accept we’re not going up, we’re not going to bring in any exciting new players, we score hardly any goals, so presumably we accept low gates until August?

Is anyone else feeling like they can’t face watching football for a while? I think for my own sanity and health I need to focus more on pastimes that guarantee a positive experience for the investment. It won’t come close to watching Palace win, but the price can sometimes be too high.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Because the last time I went, we lost badly, and I spent about an hour staring at a police horse's arse, whilst kettled near Norwood Junction station waiting for train.

and trying to dodge a river of piss from a horse!!!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Mums 50th birthday meal... and did all my cash in the bookies :lolol:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Can't afford it

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Had a choice, take my lad to the Newcastle game or miss that and go to Palace without my lad. I chose the one which would keep my boy happy and always would. As it turned out we had a cracking day out saturday so I am happy with my decision.

I was there for the 1-0 win and the 5-0 stuffing so have expereinced both sets of emotions from games at Selhurst so will remain happy with that decision regardless of the result.

Now got to find some cash for a trip to Anfield as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here