Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you live in/ go home via central Brighton

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Time for the water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas.....oh and tanks, we need some tanks!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why have they "stormed" Vodafone and Poundland ? Am I missing something ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Run the c'nts over.

I got the impression the drivers of some of the buses that got surrounded in the Old Steine were quite tempted :lolol:

It was quite funny watching some of the Churchill Square ones: there were large groups with hoods up and faces hidden gathering around the shop fronts. It was like they were all wishing someone else would do something CRAZY like smash a window so they could follow, but none of them actually had the balls to step up first, so they were all stood around posturing and looking at each other, hoping someone else would cross the line :lolol:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Bless the wankers. Wonder what would happen if they were football fans? .... Yep, thought so.

Shoot all the student c'nts with rubber bullets, then make them do a days WORK.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I cycled home along the seafront, up the old steine and on home. Had no idea anything was going on until I got in and there was a text from a co-worker who had been sent to poundland to buy stuff.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Any chance of putting a link to the helicopter live feed on here then Edna ? :D

Given that I'm at home contemplating what to cook for dinner now, unfortunately not :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got back from a run. About 200 cops surrounding 100 students down by the pier. Is this what they call kettling? I'm guessing Sussex have seen the bigger boys in London do this and want to act big as well. Pretty pathetic of the police if you ask me.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
These students must realise that due to Blairs move to keep the number of unemployed down by offering University places for all there are already thousands of graduates chasing a small number of vacancies, in fact it was recently quoted 79 applicants for each vacancy, so what is the attraction of going to University?, perhaps for a few years not having to look for a job,paticularly as many wont earn the sum required to pay back their tuition fees.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just got back from a run. About 200 cops surrounding 100 students down by the pier. Is this what they call kettling? I'm guessing Sussex have seen the bigger boys in London do this and want to act big as well. Pretty pathetic of the police if you ask me.

What do you suggest, chief?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
, so what is the attraction of going to University?

This is a bit of a dumb argument. I mean, taking it to it's logical conclusion why bother with school?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What do you suggest, chief?

I suggest a lower ratio than 2-1. I'd like to know who sanctions this. Maybe Edna can tell? I mean, it looks well over the top to me. A cynic might suggest it's easy overtime for the boys. Get as much in before Xmas, and before the axe falls on the police force.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I suggest a lower ratio than 2-1. I'd like to know who sanctions this. Maybe Edna can tell? I mean, it looks well over the top to me. A cynic might suggest it's easy overtime for the boys. Get as much in before Xmas, and when the axe falls on the police force.

I would imagine it would be like pissing in the wind to guess how many students would turn up to demonstrate. Being a town (it is not a city) with 33,000 University students and countless school/college students, I guess it is wise to run the risk of 'over catering'.

Sign them all off when the crowds disperse home.

Look what happened in London when the police were heavily outnumbered.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Is it likely that will be around for much longer?

My train should get in at 20:20 and I just can't be arsed to have to put up with delayed buses tonight.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant, Superintendent Tubthumper.

Can we borrow your crystal ball next time so we know exactly how many people are coming? For what it's worth, there were significantly more protesters than police at the point where I was watching, but the students were breaking off into splinter groups all over town. You don't just wait round for a few of them to disperse then all board the fun bus home. And besides, I can assure you that the powers that be in Sussex will be standing officers down the second they legitimately can: they will be absolutely crapping themselves about overtime because there is so little in the budget for it. The officers who decide if overtime is paid are all of ranks which don't get paid it anyway, so it's in their interests to get rid of the PCs as soon as possible. Times are hard, old chap, and it's no different in the police. There's no overtime bonanza these days I can tell you that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here