Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you came across £500.00 in crisp fifties in the street.....

if you found £500.00 in crisp fifties in the street what would you do if no one saw u

• (A) hand it in to the police and hope someone claims it and gives you a slice....

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • (B) keep it and say nothing!!!!!

Votes: 85 69.7%
  • (C) don't know......

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
what would you do.....hahahahahaha....lets see what ya all really like when it comes to money!!! if you found £500.00 in the street in crisp fifties and no one else saw you pick it up...would you (A). hand it in to the police, knowing you may get a slice if someone claims it.:angel: or (B) keep the lot and say nothing!!!:drool:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I'd take it then change it into euros then back again elsewhere generally that wad of fifities in one place would be dodgy and alot of places don't take fifties.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
wad of fifties???? probably a drug dealers anyway.
Most certainly B

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hand it in. Could be some little old lady's savings.

Plus I wouldn't run the risk of being spotted and getting nicked as a consequence.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Plus I wouldn't run the risk of being spotted and getting nicked as a consequence.

I didn't think about it like that, my mind conjured images that as it was crisp fifties it was dropped by a non desirable, therefore I kept it :D

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
In the current climate, it would nestle in my back pocket with nowt being said

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My missus found about £2k on the train a couple of years ago, she handed it in. (it would have been a different story had I found it, or indeed had I been on the train with her :) )

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Definitely keep it. I found a wallet once with a fair amount in it. The bloke who owned it lived on my way home, so I knocked on his door, and he said "oh, I didn't even know it was missing ta mate" and that was it. Tight fucker never even give us a tenner for a drink. There was over £700 in it too. So from now on, I'd keep it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have never found that amount but I did an outside bar for a wedding and the groom came to me about 30 mins before the bar closed and asked if I had enough money to last. When I said No but another £100 would probably see it through, he started counting the notes out 10,20,30, etc to 100 except they were £50 notes not £10 notes. I was deciding what to do when his new wife , who was less drunk came up and asked him what are you doing they are all 50s to which I replied so they are I hadnt noticed or checked. Even now I dont know what I would have done told him or not as he was well p....d.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
i've got to say i would keep the money, i once followed a bloke at an atm who left the machine rather annoyed that it would not let him have the full amount he asked for, he then hit the yes button to withdraw his available funds but walked away in disgust before taking the money ,i ran after him and he could not even be bothered to say thank you. i didnot go after him with his money for a reward but a thank you would have been polite.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Let's be honest, as an officer of the law that's the ONLY answer you could give on a public forum !

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

With the number of surveillance/security cameras in use, the chances of that could be higher than one might imagine.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Probably hand it in. Not because I'm a particularly honourable person, or that I'm rich - simply because the paranoia about being caught/arrested that I'd suffer forever-more isn't worth £500.

Obviously you're all free to consider me a complete pussy - just be polite about it if you need to say so on here :(

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Probably hand it in. Not because I'm a particularly honourable person, or that I'm rich - simply because the paranoia about being caught/arrested that I'd suffer forever-more isn't worth £500.

Obviously you're all free to consider me a complete pussy - just be polite about it if you need to say so on here :(

Pussy :dunce:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Found £150 on a beach in Devon a couple of years ago - phoned the local police and gave all my details, expecting the person who lost it to contact me - they never did.

Found a crisp folded £20 note right next to a car in the park a couple of months ago - waited for the owner [a pensioner] to come back and on realising she'd lost some money was overjoyed at getting it back.

And, yes. I am holier than thou.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here