Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you came across £500.00 in crisp fifties in the street.....

if you found £500.00 in crisp fifties in the street what would you do if no one saw u

• (A) hand it in to the police and hope someone claims it and gives you a slice....

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • (B) keep it and say nothing!!!!!

Votes: 85 69.7%
  • (C) don't know......

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Sep 1, 2010
Or.....they've had dealings with them that have lead them to falter in their trust.
You missed that off of your list.

No, i have not. to Label the 'Police' in terms of individual error or having a bad egg amongst the ranks is no more the reality than any walk of life. The Police in terms of a reference of trust is up there as the best in the world. It is people with not wanting to contribute to society that are more of a danger. The'i want to samsh the state but still claim beneifts' cocks that are the real enemies are far as i am concerned.

No, i have not. to Label the 'Police' in terms of individual error or having a bad egg amongst the ranks is no more the reality than any walk of life. The Police in terms of a reference of trust is up there as the best in the world. It is people with not wanting to contribute to society that are more of a danger. The'i want to samsh the state but still claim beneifts' cocks that are the real enemies are far as i am concerned.

I'm afraid that the police as occasionally dodgy individuals isn't quite what I mean, solely.
I'm alluding to ineptitude, lack of spectrum in analysis, lack of intelligence, as well as willingness to plump for an easy paperwork rather than satisfactory solving of a crime. That, on top of the occasional dodgy individuals.

A person finding an item could call and report the find and hold it, then let the police notify them if there's a claim.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am pretty desperate for cash at the moment, but I would hand it in, without a shadow of doubt. It's not mine. I didn't earn it. It belongs to someone else. I am amazed at the skewed figures on this poll. It is not even a question of circumstances i.e. little old ladies savings vs rich spiv who carelessly dropped it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bad news, the money was claimed.

The bloke was on his way to pick up a car he'd bought on ebay. He couldn't believe it had been handed in.

Can't believe the bloke didn't try to get in touch with your missus to offer her a reward or even say thank her. She deserved better.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I was on holiday in Teneriffe many years ago and as I was strolling along the beach I saw something on the floor very tightly folded up. I bent down as if to tie my shoe lace and trousered it. Later discovered it was a 50 euro note which effectively kept me in beer tokens for the rest of the week.

No way it could have been handed in/claimed/reported etc.

made my holiday

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

the fact that you choose to use the british bobby as your benchmark is your down fall , as you slagged me off for calling coppers filth.........having lived in oz , canada and south africa and having travelled a fair bit through indonesia and asia i can assure you that a lot of coppers are not the pillars of society you seem to take them for. sorry to wade in like but i think you are talking utter bollocks like...:thumbsup: .... xxx

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I expect many of the people who say they would "keep it" would expect higher moral values from others, should they ever be unfortunate enough lose something of monetary or sentimental value?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Stupid question really, everyone would take it.

It can't be a stupid question because already quite a few people have said they wouldn't take it. Guess old habits die hard Down Under, eh?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'd probably take it and stew over it for a few days and the decide karma would get me and I'd hand it in. Would feel much better, but miffed my conscience wouldn't let me keep it. How do the police know its been claimed properly?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
That reminds me, a relative of mine, who was once a member of the squatting community of south London, moved into a vacant and rundown property one time to find a loose floorboard in what was once probably a lounge or master bedroom. Upon lifting the uncarpeted floorboard, him and his friend found £200 lying next to a large human turd (they more than likely recognised the pea-pieces to know of its origin). The money was lifted and the turd left in its crevice.
I doubt i would have spent any time looking for the owner of either matter.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i would put it in my pocket , walk to the nearest den of sodom , procure two g of chop , bang the arse out of a laaaarverly chzech burd.......then hand over what was left, about 12 quid , not worth the paperwork really is it ..?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It can't be a stupid question because already quite a few people have said they wouldn't take it. Guess old habits die hard Down Under, eh?

Yeah mixing with the prison colonials must be having an effect, like I said stupid question, can't wait till the season starts, 'rollseyes'.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Would hand it in without hesitation. Wouldn't cross my mind to keep it.
Ten years ago I lost my wallet in Romania with all my holiday money in it. I had a couple of hundred quid in Romanian lei (several million IIRC) - about two months average salary in Romania. The next day the police contacted me and told me that someone had handed it in - not a single note had been taken (It had been found by a teenager, I bunged him about £20's worth of lei). Judging by the responses on this thread, I wouldn't have been so lucky if I'd dropped it at an NSC do.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Would hand it in without hesitation. Wouldn't cross my mind to keep it.
Ten years ago I lost my wallet in Romania with all my holiday money in it. I had a couple of hundred quid in Romanian lei (several million IIRC) - about two months average salary in Romania. The next day the police contacted me and told me that someone had handed it in - not a single note had been taken (It had been found by a teenager, I bunged him about £20's worth of lei). Judging by the responses on this thread, I wouldn't have been so lucky if I'd dropped it at an NSC do.

25 years ago i was robbed at gun point in morocco , what goes around and all that , although unknowingly loosing your dosh within minutes of withdrawing it is an entirely different kettle.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I dropped a wallet containing aus$50. The wallet was handed in, but the cash was missing. When I returned from my travels, I had a letter from the Cairns Police telling me they had forgotten to return the cash and I had a cheque waiting for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here