Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you came across £500.00 in crisp fifties in the street.....

if you found £500.00 in crisp fifties in the street what would you do if no one saw u

• (A) hand it in to the police and hope someone claims it and gives you a slice....

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • (B) keep it and say nothing!!!!!

Votes: 85 69.7%
  • (C) don't know......

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

D

Deleted User X18H

OH okay, he had glasses and a strange look on his face and assumed it was you.

I no longer wear glasses, although if I were in Portslade I would know doubt have a strange look on my face. Pooortslade - no one goes there twice!

D

Deleted User X18H

I don't know what you look like, but the guy just fit the image of what i imagined befits your look

Oh right . I don't know whether to be a little nervous or flattered you wander around town imagining what I look like. I mean I never even heard of you until now.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
My missus found about £2k on the train a couple of years ago, she handed it in. (it would have been a different story had I found it, or indeed had I been on the train with her :) )

divorce lol only kidding, did she get a reward of any kind?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If saw exactly where it came from such as a shops takings lying around or fell out someone's hand/bag coming out the bank then would deffo hand it back. If not would deffo keep it though!

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
finders keepers losers weepers lol, not seen? 500 quid on the deck what a result!!!! keep it an get wrecked in the process.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd visit my local drug dealer to get whatever he had on him at that time. If the £500 happened to have been his when he tossed it over a wall on the run from the rozzers, i would expect the dealer to give me a free gramme as a reward for returning money he thought he'd lost for good. They're good like that, dealers. And everyone would be a winner.

I found £40 outside an Odeon about two years ago, lying right there in the gutter. I looked around for a few moments and saw no one in desperation, so took myself to Waitrose, for 6 luxury readymade meals.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Faintly disappointing how many dishonest people there evidently are about.

Make sure you hold on to your wallets, folks, as if you lose them it doesn't appear likely you'll ever see the contents again.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Hand it in, without question. And wouldn't expect a reward for doing so. Afterall, why should you be rewarded for not keeping what isn't yours in the first place?

Depressing how many dishonest people there are on here.

That was my thought, according to the poll, roughly three-quarters would pocket the money themselves...either loads of people are trying to skew the poll by lying or we live in a society, if NSC is anything to go by, where honesty is a dying quality!

...no wonder the prisons are rammed to bursting point!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Faintly disappointing how many dishonest people there evidently are about.

Make sure you hold on to your wallets, folks, as if you lose them it doesn't appear likely you'll ever see the contents again.

How low a value does something have to be in order to earn the right to keep it? I am not trying to be some point-making interrogator. I just wonder when something is cheap enough to not have to report it found.
I saw a wallet thrown out of a car about 18 months ago with notes flying out of it. I made sure i handed that over to someone who could contact the person and didn't keep the money. The wallet was somebody's and therefore not mine. A name often seems to bring ownership.
And congrats on 21,000 posts. :)

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
hand it in - with no expectation of a reward. Whilst £500 is a large sum of money to me it might be a huge sum that truly makes a difference to the person who lost it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
if it was in a wallet I would hand it in

if it was notes = trouser it

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I trust you'll be buying THPP a beer if you end up 2K better off! :cheers:

Bad news, the money was claimed.

The bloke was on his way to pick up a car he'd bought on ebay. He couldn't believe it had been handed in.

Sep 1, 2010
Many people don't trust the old bill. FACT.

That's not part of the poll - but I bet it influences a lot of people to choose 'B' instead of 'A'

Most people that do not trust the 'Old Bill' tend to be idiots though. Either being deviants, criminals or two faced fantasists

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
My mate found £4,000 wrapped in a black bin bag in a park i think last year (not in crisp fifty's). He kept it and nothing happened. NOTHING. So i would take 500 and not even think twice.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
My Granny found a pound coin once, went to hand it at the cop shop and the OB just laughed at her.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Mate of mine lost a £1000 in cash in a plain white envelope, no writing on it etc. He went down the local police station and a man had just handed it in. Police gave it to my mate and he went straight round the guys house and gave him £200 as a reward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here