Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you are married or in a long term realtionship would you be able to get way with ?

Lads holiday whilst in a long term relationship.

• Yes I would go / could get way with it you pussy Gareth

Votes: 50 42.4%
  • I would have to be on very soild ground and do some serious sucking up beforehand

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • Its out of the question and I would not even consider it

Votes: 36 30.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Excellent posting GLOVER, and what I have missed most about NSC.

You have to be strong in this situation, I am off at Easter for a week of GOLF with 29 lads and its just simple as far as I am concerned, you just go regardless of what they think because you just know deep down its going to be a good holiday.

Maybe its the Thailand part thats causing concern, if I were you I would have just told her you were off to Bognor!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
4 out of 19 think its on.

Maybe but if you take something for granted it goes in my book. Would I be happy with my partner going away with 8 girly friends to some exotic location for 2 weeks probably not.

That's your insecurity talking Uncle Spielberg. I sent my first wife many times on trips with the gals because I trusted her. The best part was when she returned home she'd be so horned up she'd ravage me until my groin ached. :lol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Excellent posting GLOVER, and what I have missed most about NSC.

You have to be strong in this situation, I am off at Easter for a week of GOLF with 29 lads and its just simple as far as I am concerned, you just go regardless of what they think because you just know deep down its going to be a good holiday.

Maybe its the Thailand part thats causing concern, if I were you I would have just told her you were off to Bognor!

Golf with some mates in the UK is different and I doubt its for 2 weeks.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
So my dear, was was it that attracted you £10,000 richer Aaron Berry?

:laugh:

LOL! Out of kindness, i never ribbed her about it... cos she'd only deny it anyway!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That's your insecurity talking Uncle Spielberg. I sent my first wife many times on trips with the gals because I trusted her. The best part was when she returned home she'd be so horned up she'd ravage me until my groin ached. :lol:

Why do you assume I am insecure. Its about boundaries and not taking the piss.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good thread. Can be a dilemma, this sort of stuff.

For what it's worth and in my situation (married, one young daughter) I think the two-week holidays with mates may be a thing of the past, and I don't even begrudge it. I've sort of done that, and I'd rather spend the time with my family for long holidays.

However, I would definitely get a pass out for days out/short breaks for golf or the odd euro football trip.

A couple of us (very) occasionally get used by the travel desk at work for the odd piece. The guy next to me, because he was prepared to at short notice, went to Tahiti for 10 days leaving his wife at home. Had a brilliant time, obviously (hammocks, cocktails, snorkelling). I got a long weekend in, err, Leeds - BUT got to take my wife and stay in a five-star hotel and have a couple of meals in decent restaurants. His was the trip of a lifetime, but he's been getting grief from home ever since.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

She was probably thinking about the guy she had shagged on Holiday:lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It all depends on the relationship , if there is trust between the two partners then it shouldn't cause a problem. What would happen if a group of blokes were all going to the World Cup the other side of the world and left their wives/birds behind instead of a 2 week holiday ? Would this be acceptable ?

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
i flew to the states in december for some NFL action and my wife was ok with it as long as called each night when she was putting my son to bed. was only for six days, but as long as the relationship is a strong and trusting one there should be no problem at all.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What would happen if a group of blokes were all going to the World Cup the other side of the world and left their wives/birds behind instead of a 2 week holiday ? Would this be acceptable ?

Virtually my first act as a married man after the honeymoon was to go to the World Cup for two weeks in Germany.

But to be fair, such is the interminable ticket ballot procedure, I'd applied long before I proposed.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
As a female, I would say it depends on the context. If there was enough money/time to allow him to have 2 weeks in Thailand, me 2 weeks with my mates somewhere equally exotic, and us 2 weeks somewhere equally exotic too, then I would be ok with it. However, if there was only enough money/time for us to have 1 x 2 week holiday, and he chose to go away with his mates and not me, meaning I miss out on a holiday at all, then no chance!!

I trust my bloke 100%, so wouldn't have any problem from that aspect, but it would be more about 'if he can do it then so can I', and if I can't then neither can he!

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
On that note, I am owed a trip to see some male strippers after he went to a lap dancing club while away for a weekend with his mates! :lol:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Don't see a problem, just because you are in a relationship doesn't stop either of you being a person. I go away every other year for 7-10 days golfing in the states & the wife goes away later in the year. In between we go away together & neither of us has ever seen a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here