Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you are married or in a long term realtionship would you be able to get way with ?

Lads holiday whilst in a long term relationship.

• Yes I would go / could get way with it you pussy Gareth

Votes: 50 42.4%
  • I would have to be on very soild ground and do some serious sucking up beforehand

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • Its out of the question and I would not even consider it

Votes: 36 30.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jan 30, 2008
If you are married or in a long term realtionship would you be able to get way with ?

A 2 weeks holiday in the Far East with 8 of your mates, all blokes.

I am in dispute with someone I know as to whether it is normal or correct to go on a 2 week " lads " holiday for 2 weeks in the Far East whilst in a long term relationship.

I am not saying anything un toward will happen but will/would your partner " allow " or be happy with you going away on this type of holiday for 2 weeks.

I am of the opinion that is it pushing things to say the least. I am all for having your own friends and interests but I feel this is pushing it. My friend says in his circle it is normal and he is going ahead with it and has done in the past.

My friend thinks I am a pussy for baulking at this and my friends would not even consider it. Am I behind the times or is acceptable ?

Your opinions would be appreciated to clear up this point.
i'm waiting for my invite :smokin:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I would go but to me the only justification for 2 weeks is the destination, you simply couldn't justify going there for less than 2 weeks.

However in general i would say anything over a week if you're in a long term relationship would be a bit ott and unnecessary.

In all honest anything in Europe and I probably wouldn't go much longer than a long weekend but it would be out of choice rather than being told

birdlip

Jan 8, 2009
think maybe a weekend is okay but not two weeks, pushing it a lot in my opinion but each to their own i guess

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
no problem whatsoever.

i couldn't imagine being in a relationship where the other said "no you can't go on that trip" i don't think it would say much about us or our relationship if that were the case here.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
My answer is simple.
You have only got one life, if an opportunity arises to do something that you actually wouldnt mind doing, then take it. If not, when your too old and decrepid to wipe your own arse, you'll regret it, and wished you'd gone, and spent some quality time with your mates. If your missus has a "problem" with it, then there is clearly a trust issue. Sort that problem out, then go on the holiday. Everyone needs there own space, away from work AND family. If that means going away with friends, then go for it. :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As a 40- year old with 2 kids I feel it would be out of order if I told my wife I was going on such a trip.

They way I look at it you've got to do that sort of thing before you get married and have kids. I had 36 years to do that sort of thing, so it's out of my system. Maybe when the kids are old enough and easier to look after a week away might become an option, but it wouldn't be fair now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
the poll should read:

i am having a midlife crisis. can I

a) get away with shagging brasses

b) not get away with shagging whores

c) i am a silly **** who embarassess everyone they know

d) all of the above

e) if you have to ask, see all the above answers and answer yes to most of them

f) get a f***ing grip of yourself and act like a grown man

g) grow a spine

Stumpy Tim

I would say once a year either I or my wife goes away for 2 weeks without the other one. What's the problem? We spend the rest of the year together. I'm off to the World Cup next year if I can get tickets

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
well i'm bloody glad that the woman that i've married is more open-minded than some described on here, and recognises (as i do) that our marriage doesn't make us one person, but two people who choose to share our future together, which won't always involve being in the same place doing the same things and will on occassions, include holidays apart from each other.

i really don't understand the notion that pursuing individual pursuits every now and again is seen as in contrast to being a grown up. if you don't want to go on holiday without you wife, fine, that's a personal choice, but it certainly doesn't mean the relationship any stronger, more mature or necessarily healthy than those who chose to act otherwise.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for your input 28 out of 71 would go for it. A pretty split vote. Each to their own. I wonder if they 28 are just acting the tough guy and would actually do it in reality but its a good discussion.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I am actually quite surprised if people are thinking I wouldn't go on this holiday because my ife wouldn't let me. In fact, she probably would. I used to travel round the world on business, sometimes for a month at a time and she didn't bat an eyelid. That's not the point. I can't stress how lucky I am to have my family, especially as I see and read so much how many people divorce end up alone etc and in our short life I don't want to miss a single day of that. I saw pretty much everything in my twenties and I realised most of it is pretty shallow. Having a wife who travel 45 minutes every night to be by your bedside when in hospital and a child who lights up your life do not deserve to feel that you need a two week holiday away from them to have a good time with your mates

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am married and the wife goes home to detroit (if anyones been there they will understand why i wont go anymore) once a year on her own.And i have a couple of mini weekenders in a year where i go off to gigs around europe or england on my own or with mates...Its about trust...However the destination alone kinda says one thing,and i doubt i would get away with that....

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
i went to madrid for a week and told the wife i was doing a course in derby. was having such a great time, forgot to ring home. got back she asked where had i been and where was my passport.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I am actually quite surprised if people are thinking I wouldn't go on this holiday because my ife wouldn't let me. In fact, she probably would. I used to travel round the world on business, sometimes for a month at a time and she didn't bat an eyelid. That's not the point. I can't stress how lucky I am to have my family, especially as I see and read so much how many people divorce end up alone etc and in our short life I don't want to miss a single day of that. I saw pretty much everything in my twenties and I realised most of it is pretty shallow. Having a wife who travel 45 minutes every night to be by your bedside when in hospital and a child who lights up your life do not deserve to feel that you need a two week holiday away from them to have a good time with your mates

:sick:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

Spot on :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here