• Tory

Votes: 117 29.0%
  • other

Votes: 30 7.4%

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Normally I'd agree that voting intention isn't anyone elses business but your own. However, considering the year we've had, I too find myself genuinely interested as to why anyone would vote for this utter shambles. Is it tribalism, wilful ignorance or something else entirely? Sure, it's none of my business really, but voting for the people who had to be coerced TWICE in to feeding hungry kids, really? ???

Is it really baffling to understand why people vote for a party that is clearly unfit for government, a leadership team bereft of talented individuals who were mainly promoted for loyalty to the (dear) Leader over ability or competence, that leader also clearly not up to the job, and vote for a party that is consumed by ideology and inward power struggles also riven by internal division and unable to rid itself of unsavoury elements ... when you probably voted for Jeremy Corbyn's Labour party at the last GE?

Also quite strange how not giving a few million to 'hungry kids' when a celebrity endorses a campaign is meant to define a government when the very same government has spent tens/hundreds of Billions trying to help people.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have already explained why it's my business - how can anyone form a political opinion if such things aren't discussed, other than blindly voting for the same lot as their parents?

The second part was always there.

Then my man you need to head up the the mall with your megaphone and start spreading the word as I’m afraid arguing with a few bods on a footy forum ain’t going to change anything.

PS thank you for clearing up the second paragraph [emoji106]

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Realistically how well is he going to manage a pandemic when he can't even manage his own shadow cabinet, something even Boris has managed without a problem.

Where would we be if we all had managers who simply dismiss all findings of misconduct in the way he did for Pritti Patel (and Cummings - although I appreciate that he wasn't 'in' the cabinet - he just 'ran' it...). That sort of management you mean?

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
I couldn't vote for this bunch of idiots currently but I think it bears remembering if Starmer and Labour had their way we'd have been in lockdown since September and given lockdowns only kick the can down the road of infections we'd be in pretty much that same lockdown now all the way until at least next Spring. Thus having an adversely negative affect on people's tolerance to the rules and massive implications for people's mental health let alone an even more devastating impact.on the economy (which we ultimately need to pay for the massive debt we are incurring and future healthcare provision).

Kind of agree with this statement. However, none of them could ever run a private business feckin useless the lot of them whether blue or red.

I just cant believe the largess of this lot though giving free money to all and sundry and accepting much of it being fraudulently claimed and not a chance of recovering it . It beggars belief. Mind you under labour I guess even more money would have been chucked around !!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Then my man you need to head up the the mall with your megaphone and start spreading the word as I’m afraid arguing with a few bods on a footy forum ain’t going to change anything.

PS thank you for clearing up the second paragraph [emoji106]

Genuinely don't wish to argue as I don't believe in party politics and would be willing to vote for any appropriate candidate. I wish the tory's has appointed Rory Stewart as he seems very intelligent and pragmatic.

I just wanted to understand people's views, but as I say I should have avoided the emotive language.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
All I’ll say in response is if anyone did attempt to justify their decision to vote Tory to you, would you then simply reply “ok” or would it lead to more and interrogation from you probably with that person leaving the discussion?

Edit I’ve just seen post 155 [emoji23][emoji23]

Responding to every answer with another set of questions ad infinitum? Reminds me very much of someone on the Lewis Hamilton and F1 threads......

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Responding to every answer with another set of questions ad infinitum? Reminds me very much of someone on the Lewis Hamilton and F1 threads......

And sticking your beak into a reasonably non argumentative discussion with the sole intention of “playing the man not the ball” to quote one of your phrases as a moderator is helpful in what way, oh and can you show me what I have said on the LH or F1 threads, last time I checked I wasn’t that interested in either?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
And sticking your beak into a reasonably non argumentative discussion with the sole intention of “playing the man not the ball” to quote one of your phrases as a moderator is helpful in what way, oh and can you show me what I have said on the LH or F1 threads, last time I checked I wasn’t that interested in either?

I was thinking of a well know Tory poster on here, not you. It's only right in the name of balance that we point out the trait you have pinned on the left also applied to the right. Or do you not want balance?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I was thinking of a well know Tory poster on here, not you. It's only right in the name of balance that we point out the trait you have pinned on the left also applied to the right. Or do you not want balance?

I really don’t wish to be embroiled in yet another pointless row with you but what trait have I pinned on the “left”?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I really don’t wish to be embroiled in yet another pointless row with you but what trait have I pinned on the “left”?

This

All I’ll say in response is if anyone did attempt to justify their decision to vote Tory to you, would you then simply reply “ok” or would it lead to more and interrogation from you probably with that person leaving the discussion?

Edit I’ve just seen post 155 [emoji23][emoji23]

Just because you've attempted to do it snidely doesn't mean you haven't done it.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I would not have wanted even the current Labour leadership team (much much better than the last leadership team in that party, it's true) to have been in charge during the pandemic as I think they would have been much more authoritarian - whereas I think the current government, while making mistakes, has tried to have a balance between freedom and safety.

However, I am not against Kier Starmer - I think he would/will make a decent Prime Minister. What drives me away from the Labour Party is not him, but the angrier supporters that left-wing parties have. If there is good evidence that he and his team have that set of people in control, then I would be a lot less fearful of Labour being in power.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Is it really baffling to understand why people vote for a party that is clearly unfit for government, a leadership team bereft of talented individuals who were mainly promoted for loyalty to the (dear) Leader over ability or competence, that leader also clearly not up to the job, and vote for a party that is consumed by ideology and inward power struggles also riven by internal division and unable to rid itself of unsavoury elements ... when you probably voted for Jeremy Corbyn's Labour party at the last GE?

Also quite strange how not giving a few million to 'hungry kids' when a celebrity endorses a campaign is meant to define a government when the very same government has spent tens/hundreds of Billions trying to help people.

Quick! Someone is attempting to ask difficult questions about our glorious leaders, let’s bring Corbyn into it! :moo:

The only people the Tories have helped by spending billions is their rich mates. Meanwhile, in the last decade; Food bank use up 2,400%, homelessness up 1,000%, rough sleeping up 1,200%, 35% of U.K. kids live in poverty, student fees up 300%, student debt has risen 150%, National debt has risen from £850billion to £2.25trillion, 25,000 less police, 20,000 less prison officers, 10,000 less border officials, 10,000 less firefighters, 10,000 less medical professionals, 25,000 less bed spaces for mental illness, zero starter homes built, despite Tory flagship programme. Shall I continue? ???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

As you have the attention of a very helpful moderator perhaps you might ask if he can settle the ongoing multi-account issue that consumes certain posters .... could be a big payout to charity :wink:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
IF BJ had a pair we'd have had a proper lock down and nailed it first time. It's been a pathetic shit show all year which is just going to career into a bigger shit show that is brexit.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Quick! Someone is attempting to ask difficult questions about our glorious leaders, let’s bring Corbyn into it! :moo:

The only people the Tories have helped by spending billions is their rich mates. Meanwhile, in the last decade; Food bank use up 2,400%, homelessness up 1,000%, rough sleeping up 1,200%, 35% of U.K. kids live in poverty, student fees up 300%, student debt has risen 150%, National debt has risen from £850billion to £2.25trillion, 25,000 less police, 20,000 less prison officers, 10,000 less border officials, 10,000 less firefighters, 10,000 less medical professionals, 25,000 less bed spaces for mental illness, zero starter homes built, despite Tory flagship programme. Shall I continue? ???

No, you were asking how people could vote for a party that was clearly not up to the job ... you should know :moo:

That's more like it , your occasional pretence to appear balanced or reasonable was never very convincing. Keep the red flag flying comrade :wink:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think that Starmer's hands have been tied to an extent, because he tried to support the Government in a crisis, until such a time that it became obvious that you cannot support the catastrophe that has unfolded.
It's no good asking what he would have done differently, he is in opposition not in Government.

That's my point I don't think anybody could've done much different because you will always get people who ignore it. The only way to stop that would have meant the Chinese route with a strict lockdown with the army involved forcibly taking people away.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No, you were asking how people could vote for a party that was clearly not up to the job ... you should know :moo:

That's more like it , your occasional pretence to appear balanced or reasonable was never very convincing. Keep the red flag flying comrade :wink:

It really is quite telling that, after the year we’ve had, the utter incompetence on display from the government, you’re still incapable of holding them to account and instead choose to bring up Corbyn. Even when presented with evidence of the duplicitousness of those in power you ignore it and try and shift the blame on to others or imply that those pointing it out are somehow unreasonable. The abject tribalism that you display is exactly the reason the country is so broken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here