Votes: 117 29.0%
  • other

Votes: 30 7.4%

• Total voters

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Definitely a bit jealous about Brexit. The EU did not do us any good since we joined in 95, thats for sure. Its fun how pro-EU people are the ones saying "... but its good for growth and trade!" and in the next sentence talks about our consumerist lifestyles and endless money chasing is destroying the planet. Bizarre - you can have the globalisation nonsense or the ecological stuff but not both.

Sorry to hear that , i have a very soft spot for Sweden , her name was Charlotte and she came from Lund , just outside Malmo . I wouldn`t be surprised if a few other`s left when we`ve gone . We were often the poor sucker left to pay the bill when the other`s left the restaurant , claiming to have forgotten their wallet`s .

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Obviously i can only speak for myself . I hate politics with a passion , but i would stand by BJ until we get the hell outta Europe . I am fed up with us having to ask Brussels for permission before we can do something in our own country . If anyone thinks we have been anything other than their **tch since 73 , then they have been misinformed or just plain conned .

This post was made freely without the need to submit paperwork for permission , or beg someone with a dodgy accent in the EU .

We will always be someone's bit*h as we are not powerful enough, before the EU we were America's and we will be again once we are out. Remember Suez? If you think we will have control after we leave think again as you have no understanding of how globalism works. Us leaving the EU is great for USA, Russia and China as we will be more dependent on USA, less of a threat (economic and political) to Russia and more Chhina will be able to impose what she likes on us economically.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Can you give an example of stuff a U.K. government has been unable to do or has had to ask permission to do from Brussels?

We are currently negotiating to get our own fishing grounds back , and you ask that question ?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sorry to hear that , i have a very soft spot for Sweden , her name was Charlotte and she came from Lund , just outside Malmo . I wouldn`t be surprised if a few other`s left when we`ve gone . We were often the poor sucker left to pay the bill when the other`s left the restaurant , claiming to have forgotten their wallet`s .

We are certainly paying a bill now....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Lund is where Im from as well. You dont randomly happen to remember what part of Lund?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We are currently negotiating to get our own fishing grounds back , and you ask that question ?

I thought we’d sold our fishing quotas 30 odd years ago.

You’ve not given an example of what we have to ask permission for. Anything?

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
We will always be someone's bit*h as we are not powerful enough, before the EU we were America's and we will be again once we are out. Remember Suez? If you think we will have control after we leave think again as you have no understanding of how globalism works. Us leaving the EU is great for USA, Russia and China as we will be more dependent on USA, less of a threat (economic and political) to Russia and more Chhina will be able to impose what she likes on us economically.

We have just negotiated a better deal with Japan than would have been possible in the EU . The first of many new deals we will negotiate by ourselves for the benefit of us , not France or Germany .
As for the Americans , we have something they will never want to lose . We are their staunchest ally , we also give them use of the best bases in Europe . When they attacked Tripoli , France would not allow them to fly over their country . We not only offered bases to fly from we supplied refueling tankers . I have noticed a lot of servicemen on this site , and i personally would like to thank them all . Both my wife`s family and my own were Navy , Although it`s ironic that meeting my wife was what stopped me from signing up myself . My point being that they can tell you how our forces have consistantly had their budgets cut since joining the EU .
While my political and economic knowledge is limited , i find it more than a little patronising that you can tell me i have " no understanding of how globalism works " . Perhaps you have too much faith in your`s .

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
We have just negotiated a better deal with Japan than would have been possible in the EU . The first of many new deals we will negotiate by ourselves for the benefit of us , not France or Germany .
As for the Americans , we have something they will never want to lose . We are their staunchest ally , we also give them use of the best bases in Europe . When they attacked Tripoli , France would not allow them to fly over their country . We not only offered bases to fly from we supplied refueling tankers . I have noticed a lot of servicemen on this site , and i personally would like to thank them all . Both my wife`s family and my own were Navy , Although it`s ironic that meeting my wife was what stopped me from signing up myself . My point being that they can tell you how our forces have consistantly had their budgets cut since joining the EU .
While my political and economic knowledge is limited , i find it more than a little patronising that you can tell me i have " no understanding of how globalism works " . Perhaps you have too much faith in your`s .
Pretty sure that the deal with Japan, by the government's own admission, is 99% the same as the EU-Japan deal.

As for the armed forces thing, I'm not doubting funding has been cut since the 1970s, but could blaming the EU be specious reasoning? The EU itself has often pushed for more military integration, so can't see why they'd want to weaken the strongest military amongst its members.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We have just negotiated a better deal with Japan than would have been possible in the EU ..

:lolol:

This will be a laugh....

Go on, tell us why it’s better.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

This will be a laugh....

From what I can tell of the U.K. deal with Japan, the U.K. gets the leftovers of quotas that the EU doesn’t use. So if EU exporters use 100% of those quotas, any additional imports from UK producers is subject to tariffs Sounds a bit shit to be honest.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

This will be a laugh....

Only if you promise to read the answer in a funny voice .
I have already stated my political and economic limitation`s . I can only repeat what i have seen on the News , it was claimed that because we can make our own trade agreement`s with Japan , that there was virtually no red tape , no other nation`s to consult . I would assume that an amicable agreement between two parties , was better than an agreement by committee .

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Can any of the 47 tory voters please explain how they can vote for these evil, self obsessed, lying tools?

I say that as someone who is not anti traditional conservativism necessarily, just the present government.

Posts like this are massively unhelpful.

You may say you’ve not directly called people who voted for this government ‘evil’, but you may as well have done.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Your punctuation is rather peculiar. It reminds me of someone. Fred Bi....? AlfredMi.....? No, it's gone :shrug:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Luckily NSC is just a forum, with a noisy left within it. I've lived and worked through Labour and Tory governments. Boris got dealt the worst political hand in history. Brexit and a worldwide pandemic. He is a poor communicator, but let's not forget he's only been a PM for 5 minutes and I suspect his faculties have been a bit Covid damaged. I'll judge him after Brexit and Covid, not in the middle of a fight for our global position and our financial and actual lives. The Tories may be a long way from perfect, but Labour and the tiddlers will never get my vote.

I am hopping that by the next election people have realised that it is not the Tories versus the left, us or them, divide and conquer. If that is how you look at things now, you need to have long hard ****ing look at yourself.

The fact that you think Boris didn't create Brexit says a lot; he was the face of vote leave.

Your whole comment shows that have been fully indoctrinated. Unfortunately you are not alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here