• Tory

Votes: 117 29.0%
  • other

Votes: 30 7.4%

• Total voters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Note to others - [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] has engaged in a sensible and amicable conversation with the evil Tory voters and, funnily enough, this thread isn't in the Bear Pit!

I would like to stress that I never suggested or insinuated that tory voters were evil. I was only referring to certain members of the cabinet.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've learnt to generally stay out of politics on here, but I'd be genuinely interested in why the 58 NSCers (so far) would vote Tory. They've been a complete shambles, haven't they? Even if you are a life-long Conservative voter, you must surely see that.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I've learnt to generally stay out of politics on here, but I'd be genuinely interested in why the 58 NSCers (so far) would vote Tory. They've been a complete shambles, haven't they? Even if you are a life-long Conservative voter, you must surely see that.

As one of the liberal right leaning on here, i wouldn't vote for this shambles, this govt have proved themselves incapable and the tory party grandees have not removed them so **** em

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Can any of the 47 tory voters please explain how they can vote for these evil, self obsessed, lying tools?

I say that as someone who is not anti traditional conservativism necessarily, just the present government.

Surely this type of question typically starts the rows in this place, would it be a fair response to reply “none of your business”?

Can I ask you why you felt the need to ask rather than accept that 47 people might regardless wether your right have a different view point to you?

It seems that anyone that doesn’t align themselves to the opposition of government is ripe for taking apart by the mob which is very controlling in my opinion!

You wouldn’t go down the polling station on the day and firstly try an establish who voted Tory and then ask them to explain why, would you?

And finally when I first saw your post this morning iirc there was only the first paragraph, I may be wrong [emoji106]

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Labour
The only piece if solace I can take from this whole Covid debacle is that Boris' lifetime dream of becoming Pm has turned into a complete s**tstorm for him and he will go down as the worst PM ever. I really hope it destroys him mentally (sadly it won't he'll just disappear off with his millions and a few more mistresses!).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Used to vote them, but they have morphed into a narrow English nationalist cult and turned us into an International laughing stock.

Corrupt, populist and above all incompetent

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Definitely! It would have worse under Labour! Jam making commie, wouldn't bow low enough, looks scruffy, note left in the treasury etc etc

Yes they're definitely the reasons, just like we all voted leave because of a bus...

Nothing to do with his failings as a party leader. Obviously that's just a smear campaign in the right wing press.

Realistically how well is he going to manage a pandemic when he can't even manage his own shadow cabinet, something even Boris has managed without a problem.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/opinion/14197647.corbyns-reshuffle-shambles/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2833867/jeremy-corbyn-has-gone-through-63-shadow-cabinet-ministers-in-17-months-more-than-ed-miliband-and-david-cameron-in-five-years/
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/alison-mcgovern-mp-becomes-fourth-labour-party-member-resign-over-jeremy-corbyn-s-reshuffle-a6804026.html

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Surely this type of question typically starts the rows in this place, would it be a fair response to reply “none of your business”?

Can I ask you why you felt the need to ask rather than accept that 47 people might regardless wether your right have a different view point to you?

It seems that anyone that doesn’t align themselves to the opposition of government is ripe for taking apart by the mob which is very controlling in my opinion!

You wouldn’t go down the polling station on the day and firstly try an establish who voted Tory and then ask them to explain why, would you?

And finally when I first saw your post this morning iirc there was only the first paragraph, I may be wrong [emoji106]

Normally I'd agree that voting intention isn't anyone elses business but your own. However, considering the year we've had, I too find myself genuinely interested as to why anyone would vote for this utter shambles. Is it tribalism, wilful ignorance or something else entirely? Sure, it's none of my business really, but voting for the people who had to be coerced TWICE in to feeding hungry kids, really? ???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Still surprised by the amount of folk who see the government as an inter-changeable parent and not as elected representatives responsible for administering the nations finances.

As regards Covid, most of the administration is ran through the civil service and other institutions. It's the key nod or nay decisions that interest me and I think the government has got better as they went along. However, it is still clear that Johnson has a tendency to promise and not deliver because he cannot easily stop himself from just spouting anything that might go down well.

Brexit has been a dog's dinner of failed promises- especially concerning the current deal.

Would Starmer have done any better ? Impossible to say. But what is for sure is I cannot understand folk's fawning devotion to this administration.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Surely its a question to start a debate on the pro & cons of why people vote for a particular group especially when you as individual cannot see the appeal. Its an the opportunity to state the case for Tory government because at the moment people like me can't see it. Why am I tangibly better off having Tory government?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Yes they're definitely the reasons, just like we all voted leave because of a bus...

Nothing to do with his failings as a party leader. Obviously that's just a smear campaign in the right wing press.

Realistically how well is he going to manage a pandemic when he can't even manage his own shadow cabinet, something even Boris has managed without a problem.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/opinion/14197647.corbyns-reshuffle-shambles/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2833867/jeremy-corbyn-has-gone-through-63-shadow-cabinet-ministers-in-17-months-more-than-ed-miliband-and-david-cameron-in-five-years/
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/alison-mcgovern-mp-becomes-fourth-labour-party-member-resign-over-jeremy-corbyn-s-reshuffle-a6804026.html

Do you really want to talk about failed leadership after the year we've had, really? But by all means, continue to live in this fictitious alternative reality where Labour did it worse instead of holding this current government accountable for it's ineptitude, callousness and corruption if it makes you feel better :shrug:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Normally I'd agree that voting intention isn't anyone elses business but your own. However, considering the year we've had, I too find myself genuinely interested as to why anyone would vote for this utter shambles. Is it tribalism, wilful ignorance or something else entirely? Sure, it's none of my business really, but voting for the people who had to be coerced TWICE in to feeding hungry kids, really? ???

All I’ll say in response is if anyone did attempt to justify their decision to vote Tory to you, would you then simply reply “ok” or would it lead to more and interrogation from you probably with that person leaving the discussion?

Edit I’ve just seen post 155 [emoji23][emoji23]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Surely its a question to start a debate on the pro & cons of why people vote for a particular group especially when you as individual cannot see the appeal. Its an the opportunity to state the case for Tory government because at the moment people like me can't see it. Why am I tangibly better off having Tory government?

But maybe some people don’t care who you vote for or why.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
All I’ll say in response is if anyone did attempt to justify their decision to vote Tory to you, would you then simply reply “ok” or would it lead to more and interrogation from you probably with that person leaving the discussion?

The term 'interrogation' here is an interesting one. It almost comes across as a way to frame anyone who is asked potentially difficult questions as some sort of victim instead of a participant in a discussion or debate. I suppose the person's willingness to stick around for the discussion depends on their ability to handle potentially tough question's and not instantly respond with "but Labour..." which often seems the go to, as this thread has shown.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
For many , many years I did not vote a) because always felt neither party reflected my views b) I was in what was a fairly safe Tory seat.

I would have voted Labour at the last election but was otherwise detained in hospital. I did consider voting LIB DEM as I didn't like Corbyn. At some local elections I have voted Tory as I think the Tory councillors who cover Woodingdean are quite effective.

So my politics are neither left or right but central as i believe evolution of good policies based on consensus. The current Tory party is about as inept and corrupt as you can get,. I think I would prefer Thatcher to current incumbent...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Surely this type of question typically starts the rows in this place, would it be¹ a fair response to reply “none of your business”?

I have already explained why it's my business - how can anyone form a political opinion if such things aren't discussed, other than blindly voting for the same lot as their parents?

The second part was always there.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
There's unrest in both main parties. That probably does not matter to the core support of either though. Johnson is taking the piss on so many levels and that might be more of a reason to switch a vote. Its a sad fukken state of affairs, ignoring the virus and European thing.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The term 'interrogation' here is an interesting one. It almost comes across as a way to frame anyone who is asked potentially difficult questions as some sort of victim instead of a participant in a discussion or debate. I suppose the person's willingness to stick around for the discussion depends on their ability to handle potentially tough question's and not instantly respond with "but Labour..." which often seems the go to, as this thread has shown.

Mate you’re even applying a degree of psychoanalysis to my response, you’re just going to have to accept some people are different and think differently, it’s been the same for an awfully long time, me personally, well I have no idea who I will vote for in 2024 [emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here