• Tory

Votes: 117 29.0%
  • other

Votes: 30 7.4%

• Total voters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If you genuinely think any of them ( any MP any party ) could do better under the current conditions , your as crazy as they are . No one has ever been in this position before , so how exactly do you deal with it ? . The only thing you can be sure of , is that the other fella will always tell you he would do it better .

Besides , Boris takes he`s lead from his advisors , and most of those don`t agree all the time , so exactly who is at fault , the leader for taking his advisor`s advice , or the advisor`s for giving the advice ? .

To certain extent I agree with you, the pandemic response is a very fine balancing act and would be difficult for anyone.

But off the top of my head, I can't imagine the other parties would enabled their advisors to stay in a job and defended them after publicly flouting the rules, or granted huge contracts to people with no expertise, or been so indecisive so many times, or failed to recognise that the pandemic response should be the priority now, not fish, or used racist and zenophobic rhetoric, or tried to subvert parliament to achieve their goals, or appointed Russian oligarchs to the house of Lords, etc. etc. etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All good rabbits, as ever. I get disillusioned with FPTP when a party can get one on four votes but few seats which for me means a huge part of our society is disenfranchised. Its happened to the Libs many times in our lifetime. It feels anti democratic, or at least its not my view of what a democracy should be.

A system where you have some local representation and some national based on PR, with a floor on votes to stop some of the extremisms feels right. It is what Germany has, or at least did when i studied politics.

But the Farrage rabbit is a good one.

All good here thx, decided to call it a day at work last night (for Christmas) so now off and very pleased about it. Hope all good your end too.:ascarf:

:thumbsup:

Have a good one.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don’t think anyone has to justify their vote but as it goes I did (post 88). Calling people evil liars is a bit Donald Trump for my taste but I guess these are the times we live in.

It's not about justifying yourself - you're entitled to vote for whoever you want. But how can people decide who to vote for if these things are not discussed?

OK perhaps I shouldn't have used the word evil (whether or not I think it is true). But the lies are numerous and well documented.

With regard to your Post 88, what did you mean exactly - that you don't think the other parties would let us fully leave the EU?

I personally think they should have extended the transition period until after the pandemic, as it's unreasonable to force the negotiators to travel across Europe risking their and their families' health, and it shouldn't be a priority compared to the health of the nations.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If you genuinely think any of them ( any MP any party ) could do better under the current conditions , your as crazy as they are . No one has ever been in this position before , so how exactly do you deal with it ? . The only thing you can be sure of , is that the other fella will always tell you he would do it better .

Besides , Boris takes he`s lead from his advisors , and most of those don`t agree all the time , so exactly who is at fault , the leader for taking his advisor`s advice , or the advisor`s for giving the advice ? .

Comparator data across the world would say we are with the dunces on both the deaths per capita and economy gdp. Maybe the decisions the govts in the past have made this extra difficult, but we were told we were one of the most prepared in the world and we did a dummy run a few years ago. I may be the looney but i doubt it.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Can any of the 47 tory voters please explain how they can vote for these evil, self obsessed, lying tools?

I say that as someone who is not anti traditional conservativism necessarily, just the present government.

I’m a floating voter, and actually voted Green for the first time at the last GE and have voted for every party over the years. I voted for Theresa May after Brexit as the Conservatives were the only party who seemed to be committed to the result of the referendum. I’m very open to listen to why Starmer would make a better PM than BJ, but comments such as the one above, for me, only serve to polarise the electorate and if anything that makes me want to vote Conservative not Labour. I’m probably 60/40 at present.

D

Deleted member 22389

I’m a floating voter, and actually voted Green for the first time at the last GE and have voted for every party over the years. I voted for Theresa May after Brexit as the Conservatives were the only party who seemed to be committed to the result of the referendum. I’m very open to listen to why Starmer would make a better PM than BJ, but comments such as the one above, for me, only serve to polarise the electorate and if anything that makes me want to vote Conservative not Labour. I’m probably 60/40 at present.

Exactly this.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Why would comments not in any way related to labour make you want to not vote for labour out of interest?

I do not regret using the emotive language admittedly (even though I had toned it down for the audience!)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's not about justifying yourself - you're entitled to vote for whoever you want. But how can people decide who to vote for if these things are not discussed?

OK perhaps I shouldn't have used the word evil (whether or not I think it is true). But the lies are numerous and well documented.

I guess we all weight issues differently basis our priorities. I would imagine the 47 or so who ticked the Tory box will have differing reasons for doing so. Same with the other parties. There are many things I dislike about the Tory party and not one of their MPs that I have any regard for. I dislike their wishy washy, libertarian, business first handling of the pandemic although I think the other parties would have simply made different mistakes. It’s not a political issue, much though many on here would like it to become one. I do think that once the Referendum result has been delivered that politics will find a better equilibrium and that’s what this Tory Government were elected to do. Any GE will be at a later date so the arguments will be in a different context. Unless of course the other parties campaign for re-joining, in which case we are likely to have never ending Tory
Government.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I guess we all weight issues differently basis our priorities. I would imagine the 47 or so who ticked the Tory box will have differing reasons for doing so. Same with the other parties. There are many things I dislike about the Tory party and not one of their MPs that I have any regard for. I dislike their wishy washy, libertarian, business first handling of the pandemic although I think the other parties would have simply made different mistakes. It’s not a political issue, much though many on here would like it to become one. I do think that once the Referendum result has been delivered that politics will find a better equilibrium and that’s what this Tory Government were elected to do. Any GE will be at a later date so the arguments will be in a different context. Unless of course the other parties campaign for re-joining, in which case we are likely to have never ending Tory
Government.

Good answer. I would like to see other parties campaigning for PR, then we would likely not have never ending Tory.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I'd vote for the lib dems, because they are the party in my constituency who are closest to my views that have an actual chance of winning. Otherwise I'd vote labour.

D

Deleted member 22389

Again, why?

There's only one party I've seen that consistently goes out of it's way to slag of the other parties - the official Conservative twitter feed has been horrendous lately.

I stay away from Twitter these days. From what I have seen in the past it's bad on both sides, it helps nobody.

What matters to me at the moment is getting through Covid19. I think the government has done a good job under the circumstances. Couldn't ask for anything more.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
If you genuinely think Johnson couldn’t have done better, you are certifiable. It’s been a car crash of a year for the government and anyone saying different is either blinded by tribalism or being wilfully ignorant.

Totally agree with you , Johnson could have done far better , and i up your " car crash of a year " and raise you a motorway pile up of a year . The point i was trying to make was , BJ is trying to get us through a Pandemic - and through Brexit . No one has had to deal with anything like either of these two thing`s before , let alone both simultaneously . Yet he is expected to get it all right , all of the time , if you think you could do better , well your a better man than me , i certainly don`t pretend to have the answers .

As for my certifiability , i would say i am probably as mad as a box of frogs , and the only " tribe " i recognize wear Blue & White stripes , so i am blissfully content :mad:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Huge majority for labour on this poll, but in the sanctity of the polling booth, I wonder if a few will peel away to the tories.

It will be really interesting how many people who claimed to have voted tory because of Corbyn will vote next time. My guess is that they will just lie about it and vote tory or just keep quiet

Ultimately it's a secret ballot so I'm not sure why it matters, but is it any wonder Tory voters keep quiet when Labour supporters see them as fair game for abuse.

Hard to imagine Tory voters being duplicitous weasels

See above, and grow up FFS!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Again, why?

There's only one party I've seen that consistently goes out of it's way to slag of the other parties - the official Conservative twitter feed has been horrendous lately.

Because the reverse is true of party supporters. There's only one party's supports that consistently goes out of its way to slag of the other party and that's the Labour vote. Conservative voters (big C) are often conservative people (little c) who keep quiet and mind their own business, whereas the constant torrent of shouting, anger and hatred that flows forth from the left just puts me off them. Now that may simply be because those in opposition will always shout louder than those who are not.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I think its fair to say the track and trace omnishambles would not have been handled worse by another party. This goes right back to to when they first came to power in 2010, then outsourcing to private companies with no experience and the appointment of Dido Harding :lolol:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Why would comments not in any way related to labour make you want to not vote for labour out of interest?

I do not regret using the emotive language admittedly (even though I had toned it down for the audience!)

Because I’m currently 60/40 voting for Conservative, so comments such as yours won’t help you to win over people like me, to your preferred party, which I presume is Labour. Emotive language in general only serves to polarise the electorate and forces people into one camp or the other, which in turn creates echo chambers. Right now I would prefer stability and continuity, so would probably vote Conservative at the next GE, but I could be politely persuaded to vote differently.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Because the reverse is true of party supporters. There's only one party's supports that consistently goes out of its way to slag of the other party and that's the Labour vote. Conservative voters (big C) are often conservative people (little c) who keep quiet and mind their own business, whereas the constant torrent of shouting, anger and hatred that flows forth from the left just puts me off them. Now that may simply be because those in opposition will always shout louder than those who are not.

Yes that's probably a fair point. I don't like party politics in general but it's another inevitable part of FPTP.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"conservative people" have long had a vested interest in keeping quiet and minding their own business regardless of the colour of the government...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here