Votes: 117 29.0%
  • other

Votes: 30 7.4%

• Total voters

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Both parties are cluster ****s, hopefully Starmer can sort the looney left out as Blair did.

Do you really believe no govt could do better? Deaths per millions for large islands, new zealand 5 per million, japan 20, australia 35, ireland 430, the UK nearly 1,000. Even those where they have land borders, Germany at 230.

After Brexit then this i cant vote tory

Ridiculous comparing us to New Zealand and Australia - they have hundreds of miles of ocean between them and the rest of the world, not a small strip of water that can be crossed in a rubber dinghy on a good day, plus they have immigration policies in force that would have opponents of a Tory government screaming 'racist' if they imposed (and enforced) similar.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You can argue that the only votes that count are the ones that result in your candidate winning. Everyone else's votes don't 'count' because the voters didn't get what they want. This is the case regardless of whether you have FPTP or PR.

The main difference between PR and FPTP to me is that with the latter at least some people get the candidate and government they wanted. With PR nobody does most of the time because most of the time you end up with a coalition. Nobody votes for a coalition (even if a coalition is 'better' for due process, which it may well be).

In a FPTP system, extremism is tempered by the fact that if a party lurches to far to the left or right they won't get a majority. A fact that eluded the peanut size brains of the likes of Corbyn and Howard and, of course, Farrage.

If I need to pull any more rabbits out of my hat then I give you this. Under PR, we'd have Nigel ****ing Farrage sitting comfy in parliament, shouting insults at Gorgeous George Galloway on the benches opposite, and UK politics would edge ever closer to the shit show that passes for process in America.

That said, with Boris at the helm I hardly feel like crowing about our world-beating democracy and oven-ready solutions.

Hope all's well :thumbsup:

All good rabbits, as ever. I get disillusioned with FPTP when a party can get one on four votes but few seats which for me means a huge part of our society is disenfranchised. Its happened to the Libs many times in our lifetime. It feels anti democratic, or at least its not my view of what a democracy should be.

A system where you have some local representation and some national based on PR, with a floor on votes to stop some of the extremisms feels right. It is what Germany has, or at least did when i studied politics.

But the Farrage rabbit is a good one.

All good here thx, decided to call it a day at work last night (for Christmas) so now off and very pleased about it. Hope all good your end too.:ascarf:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Where's the 'none of the above, they're all useless' option ??

That should be on all voting slips, alongside compulsorty voting, then the country would be forced into political reform. It's the way forward.

As for a fewe nutjobs in the house, A: there are plenty already, B: they only get one vote. C: THey already get much more than their fair share of promotion and publicity on the likes of QT and other car crash TV.

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Ridiculous comparing us to New Zealand and Australia - they have hundreds of miles of ocean between them and the rest of the world, not a small strip of water that can be crossed in a rubber dinghy on a good day, plus they have immigration policies in force that would have opponents of a Tory government screaming 'racist' if they imposed (and enforced) similar.

:lolol: fair challenge, i don't disagree there are material differences. And i’m not trying to do a downer on the Uk, i love living here and i get this is one tough issue. But im not giving this govt a pass, this is too important.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Reclaim, Laurence Fox

Labour and the Tories are unelectable, the others are non starters

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good God. Laurence Fox is one of the biggest f**kwits on the planet.

I like Him

Point is we need a new party and an alternative to the dross on offer

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I like Him

Laurence Fox is the alternative to Farage, a racist UKIP for culture whose main policy appears to be defunding the BBC.

On that note he'll probably split the Tory vote so, on second thoughts, carry on.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Huge majority for labour on this poll, but in the sanctity of the polling booth, I wonder if a few will peel away to the tories.

It will be really interesting how many people who claimed to have voted tory because of Corbyn will vote next time. My guess is that they will just lie about it and vote tory or just keep quiet

Hard to imagine Tory voters being duplicitous weasels

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I like Him

He is an awful person who is still banging on about "all lives matter" like some dribbling 12 year old and encouraging people to mix and hug during a pandemic. Hopefully Darwinism will take care of that. I'm hugely pleased that he is still moaning about losing his career due to his political views. Whatever the question, he isn't the answer.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I voted Lib Dems at the last election and will do so again under Sir Ed Davey when the next one comes around. Proud to support them. Stephanie Inglesfield has already written to me and given me a postal vote for next May in the local elections if Covid-19 is still around. That's what gets a vote from me. Hard work and not taking things for granted.

Been a Tory voter in the past - I had a feeling that Boris and his chums would be clowns and have been proved right. Hell would have to freeze over before I voted for Labour although Sir Keir Starmer seems to be a very good leader for them - maybe the best they've ever had?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Can any of the 47 tory voters please explain how they can vote for these evil, self obsessed, lying tools?

I say that as someone who is not anti traditional conservativism necessarily, just the present government.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
These loonies are out of their depth so anyone anti this tory govt, so Labour

If you genuinely think any of them ( any MP any party ) could do better under the current conditions , your as crazy as they are . No one has ever been in this position before , so how exactly do you deal with it ? . The only thing you can be sure of , is that the other fella will always tell you he would do it better .

Besides , Boris takes he`s lead from his advisors , and most of those don`t agree all the time , so exactly who is at fault , the leader for taking his advisor`s advice , or the advisor`s for giving the advice ? .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He is an awful person who is still banging on about "all lives matter" like some dribbling 12 year old and encouraging people to mix and hug during a pandemic. Hopefully Darwinism will take care of that. I'm hugely pleased that he is still moaning about losing his career due to his political views. Whatever the question, he isn't the answer.

As I said I like him. What about Farage would that be better ?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Can any of the 47 tory voters please explain how they can vote for these evil, self obsessed, lying tools?

I say that as someone who is not anti traditional conservativism necessarily, just the present government.

I don’t think anyone has to justify their vote but as it goes I did (post 88). Calling people evil liars is a bit Donald Trump for my taste but I guess these are the times we live in.

D

Deleted member 22389

The government have looked after people through Covid19 and also the first to get vaccines out to people. That's enough for me to vote for them again.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’ve voted at every election for over 30 years and only once has my vote ever made a difference. I still think the EU will blink and a post Brexit trade deal will be done, which is in everyone’s best interest..Conservative small majority is probably still what is best for the country for the foreseeable. Thankfully Labour are starting to move towards the centre although this maybe end in a party split before the next GE, so that will change things some what. As they say, a week is a long time in politics, so who knows where we will be. Maybe the Labour Mayor of Liverpool, which is where I live, will be in prison, the pandemic could be worse / much better, let’s face it no-one knows. So my vote is for everyone to have a Merry Christmas and hopefully a happy New Year.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
If you genuinely think any of them ( any MP any party ) could do better under the current conditions , your as crazy as they are . No one has ever been in this position before , so how exactly do you deal with it ? . The only thing you can be sure of , is that the other fella will always tell you he would do it better .

Besides , Boris takes he`s lead from his advisors , and most of those don`t agree all the time , so exactly who is at fault , the leader for taking his advisor`s advice , or the advisor`s for giving the advice ? .

If you genuinely think Johnson couldn’t have done better, you are certifiable. It’s been a car crash of a year for the government and anyone saying different is either blinded by tribalism or being wilfully ignorant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here