• other

Votes: 30 7.4%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had high hopes of Starmer being the man that would have me putting my X in the Labour box once again.

But he's been utterly shithouse when it's possibly never been easier to be leader of the opposition.

Maybe it's unfair to judge him too harshly yet - he's still relatively new to the job, and he has held it in what are unprecedented times.

I couldn't vote for a Johnson-led administration so, almost by default, the Lib Dems would get my vote for something like the 3rd or 4th time in a row now.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Interesting approach to polling, describing all parties by their full name and then just putting Tory at the end. What’s your aim?

Nonsense.

"Liberal Dems" full name ?

Straight from the Trump Playbook. We lost the poll because our name was last.

:dunce:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I had high hopes of Starmer being the man that would have me putting my X in the Labour box once again.

But he's been utterly shithouse when it's possibly never been easier to be leader of the opposition.

Maybe it's unfair to judge him too harshly yet - he's still relatively new to the job, and he has held it in what are unprecedented times.

I couldn't vote for a Johnson-led administration so, almost by default, the Lib Dems would get my vote for something like the 3rd or 4th time in a row now.

Would never usually defend Conservative Party but Parties need to Unite against Covid so I don't want too much opposition to the fight against it. The time to judge is when we have time to analyse everything. I too have hopes for Starmer but I don't want him to block any action in fighting the Virus because he doesn't have the Government Data on the Virus necessary to form an educated or balanced view to challenge it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Luckily NSC is just a forum, with a noisy left within it. I've lived and worked through Labour and Tory governments. Boris got dealt the worst political hand in history. Brexit and a worldwide pandemic. He is a poor communicator, but let's not forget he's only been a PM for 5 minutes and I suspect his faculties have been a bit Covid damaged. I'll judge him after Brexit and Covid, not in the middle of a fight for our global position and our financial and actual lives. The Tories may be a long way from perfect, but Labour and the tiddlers will never get my vote.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Would never usually defend Conservative Party but Parties need to Unite against Covid so I don't want too much opposition to the fight against it. The time to judge is when we have time to analyse everything.

So you want all the parties to unite on:

Giving Covid contracts without tender to the mates of Tory Ministers
Outsourcing track and trace, so that more mares of Tory Ministers can make lots of money, even though the contract has no penalty clauses, and is failing to contact lots of people, and the app isn't gully functional
Dithering and delaying decisions because Johnson doesn't like to see negative headlines
Over promising and under delivering
Saying how brilliant the Government have been in reducing the number of stacked lorries in Kent from over 700 down to 500, when in fact the numbering was increasing into the thousands
Taking the credit for accrediting the vaccine because this could only be done as we are out of the EU, which is a lue
Looking to take legal action to force schools to remain open, although it is clear that the new variant of the virus is infecting more school children and then say the next day that children should only return in January with mass testing.

And on it goes.

Just think if the Government was not challenged how much worse off we would be and we are already in a bad place due to the incompetence of Johnson.

Waiting for the Public Enquiry if a few years is far too late, too many people will have lost their lives, jobs, homes by then.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

What exactly were your expectations and what's he done that you consider to be utter shithouse?

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I’m a traditional Conservative voter as I think Labour have shown budget ineptitude in the past but I think budgets are out of the window in the current climate and I would vote Starmer. He’s a very bright, decent and reasoned man but a bit naive.

The issue for both parties is the lack of quality in ministerial positions. Politics can attract good people (mainly Labour) but the job changes dramatically if your party gains power. From representing constituents, you’re suddenly dealing with complex national and international negotiations, points of law and bureaucratic influence. Some take to it and many find themselves out of their depth. There are too many of the latter representing both parties.

The solution to find more capable people is not just more money for MPs. It’s a ground up re-education of society, partly via the press of the need for the best individuals possible running the country, regardless of their political persuasion. This is incredibly important now that it appears we are out of the EU.

Right now the options, aside from Starmer himself, are poor. Those options need strengthening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
... but let's not forget he's only been a PM for 5 minutes and I suspect his faculties have been a bit Covid damaged.

Not much interest outside of London of the minutiae of his time as London Mayor but there is enough out there to come to the conclusion he isn't fit for office.

He is a populist who changes his opinion with the wind and loves spunking money on vanity projects. People who support him don't really understand what "conservative" means.

Garden Bridge £52m
New Routemaster £321.6m
Emirates Air Line £24m
Water cannon £323,000
Hire bikes £225m (meant to be no cost to the public purse)
Estuary airport £5.2m
Olympic stadium conversion £305.5m
ArcelorMittal Orbit £6.1m

Thatcher will all her faults knew a wrong'un when she saw one which is why she kept Archer (also very popular with members) on such a short lead. That sensibility has been thrown out the window.

Since Brexit has seen the "sensibles" rooted out, the only MPs who are keeping Boris in check are the frothing in the mouth ERG neo liberal extremist wing many of which consider Thatcher to be a bit too centrist.

If I was a traditional Tory voter, I'd be wondering what the hell has happened to my party.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Luckily NSC is just a forum, with a noisy left within it. I've lived and worked through Labour and Tory governments. Boris got dealt the worst political hand in history. Brexit and a worldwide pandemic. He is a poor communicator, but let's not forget he's only been a PM for 5 minutes and I suspect his faculties have been a bit Covid damaged. I'll judge him after Brexit and Covid, not in the middle of a fight for our global position and our financial and actual lives. The Tories may be a long way from perfect, but Labour and the tiddlers will never get my vote.

Wasn't he, in part (a fairly large part) responsible for dealing the country the Brexit card in the first place?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not much interest outside of London of the minutiae of his time as London Mayor but there is enough out there to come to the conclusion he isn't fit for office.

He is a populist who changes his opinion with the wind and loves spunking money on vanity projects. People who support him don't really understand what "conservative" means.

Garden Bridge £52m
New Routemaster £321.6m
Emirates Air Line £24m
Water cannon £323,000
Hire bikes £225m (meant to be no cost to the public purse)
Estuary airport £5.2m
Olympic stadium conversion £305.5m
ArcelorMittal Orbit £6.1m

Thatcher will all her faults knew a wrong'un when she saw one which is why she kept Archer (also very popular with members) on such a short lead. That sensibility has been thrown out the window.

Since Brexit has seen the "sensibles" rooted out, the only MPs who are keeping Boris in check are the frothing in the mouth ERG neo liberal extremist wing many of which consider Thatcher to be a bit too centrist.

If I was a traditional Tory voter, I'd be wondering what the hell has happened to my party.

That's me. I'll be voting for Starmer as it stands and have abandoned the tories until they boot out Johnson and marginalise the ERG.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Boris got dealt......

The reason we have Brexit is all down to him. It was 50/50 in his head as to which choice would get him to be PM
Once he had decided what was best for him, and his judgement teetered to the Brexit side, because he worked out that that was his best chance of gaining power, he stitched up Cameron and then May.

And here we are - a no deal probability in a short few days, an already teetering economy, (which will be hit by Brexit whether it’s a deal or a no deal), a port crisis and rationing

Boris got dealt...... ho ho ho ho ho

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This is the problem. It's not a democracy, its a 50/50 hit.

It's either Tories or Labour..

We are all duped I tells ya........

Completely agree. We need PR, which drives more consensual politics. But it went to a referendum and failed unfortunately so we are left this nonsense where many votes don't count depending on where you live and the choice is mainly binary. It wouldn't happen in Germany

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here