Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
hannover.JPG

Poll to follow

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Where is the option it will never happen ?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
It could happen if football clubs pushed for it. And if us fans campaign for it.

Existing West Upper ST holder... would definitely move to a terraced North Stand (or those new North corner sections). Might be cheaper too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Safe standing means the plush seats would go and be replaced by hard plastic seats.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I wonder what the pricing would be if it were to ever happen ? Perhaps tickets would be priced higher than a seat ? If demand was that high, the club could charge what they like !

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
It works for Dortmund and I think the seats drop back down for Champions League games the only problem in the old days was standing for 10,000 but try to cram in 15,000 for more money that would never happen now because of health & safety so yes safe standing would work And I would like to see it

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd want a curtained-off section for the portly sorts who go horribly topless the season through. They'd have to strip off on their way in, their ever-moistened shirts held in a protected hamper until final whistle, and would be handed a sachet of warm oil to squirt on themselves or another topless bloater so this litany of greased monstrosities can rub against each other in the enclosed area unstickily, and maintain their body temperatures at a necessary level.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It could cause a bit of conflict at Sully Towers.

I like to stand at games and would choose to do so if terraces or safe standing areas were available. However, Mrs Sully is of somewhat shorter stature and prefers to be seated.

I guess I'd stay in my current seat and just look enviously across at the North Stand. :down:

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sadly the return of terraces will come too late for me as I can no longer stand still for two hours or more without considerable back pain but I am all in favour and would applaud jealously from my comfy seat in the east stand.

D

Deleted member 18477

It works for Dortmund and I think the seats drop back down for Champions League games the only problem in the old days was standing for 10,000 but try to cram in 15,000 for more money that would never happen now because of health & safety so yes safe standing would work And I would like to see it

how does it all work exactly?

dortmund have 80k for league games and 65k for european games so do they cram an extra 15k into the standing section which can hold upto 25k!!!! and then only sell 10k tickets in that section for champs league games?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I am all for it in theory but it will never happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here