Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the North Stand was converted to safe standing

What would you do

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wont happen, and thought that the issue was well covered in the Peterborogh programme, which clearly explained the rationale for not bringing back.

Given the quality of the seats etc at the Amex, this is just a non starter, and the poll is pointless.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
how does it all work exactly?

dortmund have 80k for league games and 65k for european games so do they cram an extra 15k into the standing section which can hold upto 25k!!!! and then only sell 10k tickets in that section for champs league games?

I think they normally fit 3 to every 2 seats or something similar. Which is not really any different to any away game I go to.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Although I answered "Existing non-NS STH stay where you are" that's only because I bring my 9yo to games. Once he is tall enough and has already learnt all the "extra words" he'll hear in the NS, we'll move there, safe standing or not.

I remain a strong supporter of safe standing and if it weren't for the little one, I'd be there now.

D

Deleted member 18477

Follow the link in post #11 above. Basically a step under the seat to make it possible to double the number of bodies - but UK H&S legislation seems to limit the ratio to 1.8.

ahhhh yes thanks!

D

Deleted member 18477

Amazing! Should terrace the south stand and away section too.

yes! should terrace north stand + both corners, south stand + both corners + the east section that away fans would sit in for cup games.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry but i don't really know what this 'safe standing' is,i take it it means the metal barriers inbetween each step.This is a bit shit and dosn't seem any different to standing in the current seated area.Best thing about terracing used to be the surging down and jumping around when there was some excitement.

D

Deleted member 18477

Sorry but i don't really know what this 'safe standing' is,i take it it means the metal barriers inbetween each step.This is a bit shit and dosn't seem any different to standing in the current seated area.Best thing about terracing used to be the surging down and jumping around when there was some excitement.

safe to say you will NEVER be surging down in a football ground ever again! and thank god if im honest.

this link shows you what its all about...

The proposal continued - The sums: Stadium A - Safe Standing Roadshow.co.uk

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

I've posted this before when this subject has cropped up previously but I think we already have a kind of template for safe standing in the north as it is. It seems that everyone is aware of the amount of space they have to jump around in like a loon when we score which is far more than you get in other grounds. I haven't yet seen one surge or anything remotely dangerous after a goal. Yes, the best thing about terracing in the past was the surge and making it back to the back of the old North Stand by half time (if you were lucky!). But those days are long gone purely because they weren't safe. But what we have now seems perfectly safe and could be used as the way forward if (and it's a bloody big IF) it's ever considered by the powers that be in the future.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I wonder what the pricing would be if it were to ever happen ? Perhaps tickets would be priced higher than a seat ? If demand was that high, the club could charge what they like !
I will probably rapidly backtrack from this in the unlikely (but not impossible) event that this actually happens - but I would certainly pay as much to stand as for a seat.

Crofty

Sep 27, 2011
zimmerframe1.jpgFOR the Bwiton fan who prefers to stand. I announce the all new 'Celebrate Diversity BHA Zimmer-Frame'. Enjoy!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I voted to move, despite the fact I would love it to be standing. The only reason is my 4 year old wouldn't be tall enough to see anything!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Ah! A vote to bring back unsafe standing. Good luck with that one!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The real issue is that if there were areas where you know you can stand, then if you want to stand you would buy a ticket for that area. There would then be little argument if you we're asked to sit down if you were standing in another area. It's all about choice and making it a better experience for everyone.
Whether there are fixed seats or not is pretty immaterial, really!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ah, but I remember the good 'ol days when I made a little wooden stool to stand on that I was allowed to take into the east stand. Ah, good times.

And no, I don't want a return to unsafe standing.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Ah, but I remember the good 'ol days when I made a little wooden stool to stand on that I was allowed to take into the east stand. Ah, good times.

And no, I don't want a return to unsafe standing.
My dad still has my wooden stool from the days of the chicken run, used these days for decorating

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Everyone always talks about surges in the days of terracing but does anyone remember getting into the ground around 2pm waiting for a whole hour(to make sure you didn't get locked out ) getting more and more squashed as it got closer & closer to kick off then about 1 minute to 3 two big f*** off 6foot 7 inch giants would stand right in front of you & that was that couldn't move my wooden stool left or right no bloody room memories of Gary Williams screamer against Forest peering over the shoulders of the sodding Jolly green giant
Do we really want to return to terracing

YES PLEASE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here