Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the North Stand was converted to safe standing

What would you do

• Total voters

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I would rip out my esu seat and throw it onto the away fans below in protest,then ring the hotline and grass up the bloke next to me???

isn't the bloke next to you your son ???

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Can you explain why it seems like 2 people per seat in the standing?

What like this ???

DSCF0102.JPG

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Any ideas of capacity, if for example born the north and south stand (including corners) were converted to safe standing.....…?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Any ideas of capacity, if for example born the north and south stand (including corners) were converted to safe standing.....…?

36k ish?

Let's say there are (a conservative guess) 7000 seats in the North and South stands. Take these out and replace them with 12600 (7000 x 1.8) safe standing places and the capacity would be 36,350.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ah! A vote to bring back unsafe standing. Good luck with that one!

No,its not a vote to bring it back,i loved every minute of standing on the terrace but i realise things have had to change.To me this new idea looks shite just standing there in your little booth,no different from standing in the seats.

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
36k ish?

Let's say there are (a conservative guess) 7000 seats in the North and South stands. Take these out and replace them with 12600 (7000 x 1.8) safe standing places and the capacity would be 36,350.

:) Sounds good. Heard rumours that eventually the seats might be moved closer together; 40000c.

D

Deleted member 2719

I would love this to happen and maybe 3 years ago would have gone for it but if i went in there i would like to have the energy to jump around for most of the match, not as fit as i was so i would prefer to let the under 40's do there thing instead.

D

Deleted member 2719

:) Sounds good. Heard rumours that eventually the seats might be moved closer together; 40000c.

If there going to move the seats together the club should start thinking about selling sugar free and fat free products and moving the coach park and railway station a mile away in preparation for a slimmer fan base!!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
They said that about building a stadium at Falmer. Some even said it about converting Withdean.

That was entirely different. This would entail repealing legislation to start with. And it ain't gonna happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here