Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club and Poyet kiss and make up...

How will you feel if the club and Poyet kiss and make up?

• Happy - I trust Bloom and the project continues.

Votes: 307 58.7%
  • Unhappy - Poyet's shown his hand and will do so again sooner rather than later.

Votes: 140 26.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 76 14.5%

• Total voters

scooter1

How soon is now?
Poyet won't change. He wasn't known as The Radio at Spurs or Chelsea for no reason, its how he is. He's been great for us and taken us to the next level, but I think this suspension business has gone too far for it to come back... If, as I have heard from a few sources(away from here) is fact, then regardless of which league we'd have been in next season, he was off anyway. This suspension business has just made the whole saga messy, public and drawn out

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Everyone wanting Gus out are basing their views on NOTHING factual.
How many times has he said he wants to manage another club, either at a higher level or one he has contacts with in the past?

May I suggest you go to your partner and say that although you are happy at present, as soon as someone comes along with bigger tits I'm off.

TB

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How many times has he said he wants to manage another club, either at a higher level or one he has contacts with in the past?

May I suggest you go to your partner and say that although you are happy at present, as soon as someone comes along with bigger tits I'm off.

TB

The relationship argument/analogy for disliking a football manager is the most stupid one of all. Most football manager's appointments last for an average of 18 months. It is a job/career, not a love affair.
The only ones in love with a club are the fans.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

TB

You do know it's a job don't you and he's been here for 3.5 years?
EDIT: As above.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Kiss and made up?
First of all,I would be amazed.Would/could things ever be satisfactory again for the coaching team,board,players and fans after all the recriminations and the lengthy suspension of Poyet and co.? Personally,I don't think so.
I think it is time for a parting of the ways,whatever the reasons behind the suspensions are.Poyet has done well,but so he should have done given the budget he has had(despite what he may think).I would be quite happy for a new manager to come in and hopefully take us to the next level.Would love to get Ole Gunnar with Phil Neville as his assistant,but I'll probably have to keep on dreaming about that one.
Summing up,go now Poyet and let us get a new manager in well before season kicks off.
Just a thought,I wonder what the poll would look like if there were a more impressive set of managerial candidates being bandied about than at present.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Having given this more thought this morning I have moved to the no camp. There is no denying that gus has done a great job and it would a shame if it ended this way, but ended it has.
We know gus wants to manage as high as possible, he has said as much whenever asked. I dont agree with people who say he is just being honest. Managers up and down the country are asked questions like this all the time, but have the grace to avoid or give a bland answer. This plus his extremely poor interview after the play off defeat makes me doubt his commitment and I will always wonder if he is only here because he didnt get approached for the jobs he wanted in the summer. What happens when the first vacancy occurs next season that he fancies? I just dont think he really wants to be here.

How are the the players to react? If some of the things he is reported to have said happened then will he have their respect and will they give it all for him when they to could doubt his commitment?

Just over 50% would be happy according to this pole with him back. The standing he enjoyed with the crowd has gone, I am not sure his ego could take thd first hint of abuse which will happen now that trust has been damaged?

Ignoring his relationship with the senior management at the club which cant be great given the need to suspend I just think it is time to move on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How many of you declare undying love to your manager or tell your colleagues just how much you love your job?

Players will do their best for themselves and their career. In fact, more players have supported Gus than the one who slagged him off (who also has history in slagging off clubs)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Chuffed, can't see it happening but would be very happy if it did.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I trust Tony Bloom to make the right judgement and will reserve my own until I've seen what happens and understand the facts.

But bear in mind: if Gus does stay, it might not mean that everything is hunky dory. It may simply mean that the lawyers don't feel BHA has a case to terminate the contract without paying £2.5m compensation to Gus. Tony Bloom could simply take the view that Gus has a job to do and if he wants to stop doing it, the club is entitled to a £2.5m payment - not Gus.

Not sure how likely this is, but it's certainly possible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I remember a handful of us good see such an outcome even after the 2nd or 3rd day after the Palace game. Tempers were running high, lots of stuff yet to come out in the wash, and a whole summer to resolve things. Ultimately, Bloom is a cool character who more than likely wanted a resolution long after the dust had settled.

It's just a waiting game isn't it?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There is no turning back for me once a manager's actions have jeopardized my team's chances. I still say that we have missed a wonderful opportunity this season and the events leading up to and surrounding Monday 13th May have left an ugly taste in the mouth. There are clearly a lot of fans prepared to forgive and forget. I'm not one of them. He has not put the club first and that, for me, is unforgiveable.
There seem to be a number of fans suggesting there are no other options around and that Gus is irreplaceable. That, quite frankly, is short sighted and clearly shows a lack of footballing nous. Of course there are other options out there and some of them will be better.
If Gus stayed on, we would all see the same pattern next season. The rigid gameplan. The inability to anticipate during matches. The caution and safety first approach that leads to lots of draws. Peaks and troughs. Ups and downs. Isolated moments of glorious football interspersed with a lot of frustration, trying to break teams down. Failure to come from behind to win. Lots of media attention and publicity. Not a lot of tactical nous.
We had an outstanding squad this season. Some managers ( Holloway included ) would have carved out an automatic spot with these players. A lot of you are still putting your faith in a manager that ultimately blew it. Who cocked up our biggest game for years. Who thought all he had to do was to turn up and outfootball Palace. Well Holloway outwitted him and was hungrier than him and that was reflected on the pitch. Holloway wanted it more and thats what hurt.
No, its farewell Gus ( who has taken us as far as his limitations will allow ) and lets move on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is no turning back for me once a manager's actions have jeopardized my team's chances. I still say that we have missed a wonderful opportunity this season and the events leading up to and surrounding Monday 13th May have left an ugly taste in the mouth. There are clearly a lot of fans prepared to forgive and forget. I'm not one of them. He has not put the club first and that, for me, is unforgiveable.
There seem to be a number of fans suggesting there are no other options around and that Gus is irreplaceable. That, quite frankly, is short sighted and clearly shows a lack of footballing nous. Of course there are other options out there and some of them will be better.
If Gus stayed on, we would all see the same pattern next season. The rigid gameplan. The inability to anticipate during matches. The caution and safety first approach that leads to lots of draws. Peaks and troughs. Ups and downs. Isolated moments of glorious football interspersed with a lot of frustration, trying to break teams down. Failure to come from behind to win. Lots of media attention and publicity. Not a lot of tactical nous.
We had an outstanding squad this season. Some managers ( Holloway included ) would have carved out an automatic spot with these players. A lot of you are still putting your faith in a manager that ultimately blew it. Who cocked up our biggest game for years. Who thought all he had to do was to turn up and outfootball Palace. Well Holloway outwitted him and was hungrier than him and that was reflected on the pitch. Holloway wanted it more and thats what hurt.
No, its farewell Gus ( who has taken us as far as his limitations will allow ) and lets move on.

So an experienced manager who has won the playoffs three times outwitted a manager at his first go? Just write him off then as he'll never learn or gain experience.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The poll shows just over half of respondents would be happy if Poyet stays - more than twice as many as those who would be unhappy - hardly an argument for him to go.

Maybe Poyet has been undiplomatic by answering questions honestly when asked rather than obfuscating as so many others do but is that necessarily a bad quality? At least we know where we stand with him.

Of all the realistic alternative managers that I've seen promoted on the board as possible replacements not one has both the managerial skills of Poyet and an unblemished record of "loyalty" to previous clubs. Does so called "disloyalty" only matter if it's been with regards to BHAFC?

D

Deleted member 2719

**** Alert someone that knows his football****

Mo Mo Mo, such a accurate assessment of the situation, please tell me you are Tony Bloom.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Although I originally put 'Fence' - I do agree with a lot of this post. The key emotion I have about that game is one of anger, especially if I allow myself to speculate as to whether the 'off field stuff' affected Gus' ability to get the players ready for the match.

One thing that worries me is his lack of emotion / activity on the touchline in the 2nd half... it almost seemed like he was sulking, or am I mis-remembering things? (Genuine question btw).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Voted fence for a number of reasons :

1. I don't know the facts
2. I find it somewhat amazing that a multi-million pound business is at risk due to a spat between grown men
3. I will never entirely trust ANYONE who owns / runs the Albion - I'm too cynical

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Please do not push this, we simply cannot comment.

I have no internet link to anything relevant to send to you.

ie it's bollocks, otherwise you'd PM me what you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here