Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club and Poyet kiss and make up...

How will you feel if the club and Poyet kiss and make up?

• Happy - I trust Bloom and the project continues.

Votes: 307 58.7%
  • Unhappy - Poyet's shown his hand and will do so again sooner rather than later.

Votes: 140 26.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 76 14.5%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So you're denying he's ever linked himself to the Chelsea job?

He said he would like to manage Chelsea someday. I have no issue whatsoever with that statement. **** me, how insecure and possessive are some of you when you get girlfriends?!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Which quotes? When he's asked about A SPECIFIC CLUB and says that SPECIFIC club is a good club?

How's this one for a start:

The Brighton manager said: “I want to go to the highest level. That’s my aim as everybody knows.
“If that is the Premier League and Chelsea, fantastic. If it is somebody else, we’ll see.”

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Well it all depends who the replacement would be if Gus left.....would take Gus over Redknapp any day but Bergkamp......:D :D :D

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He asked a simple question, with an added poll, its all you lot that are speculating!

It's speculating on a possible outcome to the current situation. As was guessing the next manager and when it would be announced. Given the ridiculous stance of NSC recently around speculation Bozza hasn't helped himself.

What if I asked the "simple question" of who do you think will be the next manager and when will it be announced - would that now be allowed ?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It's speculating on a possible outcome to the current situation. As was guessing the next manager and when it would be announced. Given the ridiculous stance of NSC recently around speculation Bozza hasn't helped himself.

What if I asked the "simple question" of who do you think will be the next manager and when will it be announced - would that now be allowed ?

I dunno......ask.....Bwian...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How's this one for a start:

The Brighton manager said: “I want to go to the highest level. That’s my aim as everybody knows.
“If that is the Premier League and Chelsea, fantastic. If it is somebody else, we’ll see.”

And? He could be talking about 20 years' time from now.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
And? He could be talking about 20 years' time from now.

That quote is on the 1st March 2013, asked whether he would like to be next in charge after Rafa Benitez at Chelsea.

You can defend him all you like but he thinks he's better than us. He's still my favourite Albion manager but he's burnt his bridges and its time to move on.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I've been pro-Poyet for a long time. I genuinely believe there's a degree to which in the past, he has been misinterpreted in terms of 'touting himself around' - he's just too honest for his own good, and when he's asked a question he answers it. The media go straight to him on anything Chelsea and lo and behold he's accused of pimping himself about. Similarly on budgets, I see his bluster about our budget being the 15th in the division etc being more to do with playing down fan expectations, and pre-emptively slapping down agents looking for big bucks, rather than necessarily a direct challenge to Bloom to plough more cash in.

But all that said, this saga has burnt a lot of bridges. Having seen his passion and pride on St Patricks Day, it looked like he'd finally 'got' the Brighton-Palace rivalry. So to turn around and say what he said after the playoffs, when emotions were raw, understandably made a lot of people very angry, and for the first time I started to waiver. I still think he's a good manager - he's still learning his trade and he does make mistakes, but had this whole saga not blown up I would still have been very much on the Gus Bus for next season. My worry is if he comes back, whether his heart is still in it, and whether his pride will be able to deal with the probably quite mixed reaction of the fans. I doubt it. I think it's probably best he moves on, but if so, I'll remember his 3 years of great football and, by and large, success - rather than the unsavoury way it came to an end.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That quote is on the 1st March 2013, asked whether he would like to be next in charge after Rafa Benitez at Chelsea.

You can defend him all you like but he thinks he's better than us. He's still my favourite Albion manager but he's burnt his bridges and its time to move on.

I don't have a problem with that at all. In fact, I prefer that to the two faced statements of some managers like Howe & Freedman declaring loyalty one day & gone the next. At least you know where you stand with Gus.
Have none of you talked to colleagues about applying for other jobs, or are you all still in the same job since leaving education?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
If it did happen, I'd guess it would signify Tony has agreed a very decent budget for Gus next year - which is only a good thing.

Nope. Due to FFP there won't be a "decent budget" for Gus. If it did happen, it would mean that Bloom had called Gus in to his office and told him "this is your budget for the season. You won't be getting any more, my hands are tied. Now put up AND shut up."

I am guessing (not stating that this is factual) that the whole reason behind this situation is that Gus has already been told that his budget is gonna be slashed and he's not happy with it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
In fairness he usually signs good players. He just cannot play them in a formation that suits them
Really? Yes, you're right. We had a terrible season.

I'd love him to stay, however there is just no way I can see that happening.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Voted fence. The club know what has gone on and if they think it can work. Iike others on here I would worry about poyets commitment and how the fans will react to a poor spell. I just think we maybe just papering over the cracks. If poyet had been offered stoke or fulham would we have been having this discussion, I doubt it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here