Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club and Poyet kiss and make up...

How will you feel if the club and Poyet kiss and make up?

• Happy - I trust Bloom and the project continues.

Votes: 307 58.7%
  • Unhappy - Poyet's shown his hand and will do so again sooner rather than later.

Votes: 140 26.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 76 14.5%

• Total voters

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
The simple fact is that Poyet and the board fell out several months ago and the board now want to get rid of him (they were desperate for him to get the Reading job!) so any idea of kissing and making up is total pie in the sky!!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Gus will waste it on a load of crap players
In fairness he usually signs good players. He just cannot play them in a formation that suits them, so they soon become to look crap! Vicente. We won 2 or 3 or the 20 or so games he started. Says it all really.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I trust Tony Bloom totally, whatever he sees as the way forward will be fine with me with one caveat if theres a "kiss and make-up"scenario with Gus. Gus is nowhere as good yet as he thinks he is, he is still work in progress, like the club. We have a firm basis on which to continue to develop but he has to commit totally for the next 3 years, no more public sweetheart statements to the likes of Chelsea, Leeds etc. irrespective of what he's asked by the media. A total focus on us and respect for the Chairman and the club.

Yes that's my feeling too. Hopefully it will be useful to clear the air and then move forward with the manager 100% focused on The Albion and no silly distractions. I like the thought of focusing on the footie. My only concern is whether an impetuous and volatile latin manager will have the self discipline in his character to stick to the job in hand for 3 years as you suggest? I don't know how long is left on the manager's contract but I hope he would at least see out the remainder of the 5 year plan. That would be an obvious point at which to mutually review things, unless of course the Prem. is achieved sooner, in which case everyone wins.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Gus has always been open about his ambitions. He has made it clear the clubs position is they will not stand in the way of anyone's career. As such I have never gotten worked up about his comments about possible future careers moves. I think people are seriously overstating it when they talk about him touting himself for other jobs. I don't have a problem with what he said after the Palace game (though I've only seen quotes from it, rather than the interview itself) - it seems people are twisting it in their own way.

His comments about budget reflect on the achievements of the players and the club as a whole as well as him, and it does some good for some fans who need to put our achievements into perspective. Every manager wants a bigger budget. So I've never had a problem with his comments about the budget.

It seems like every article covering his suspension stressed it had nothing to do with his post match comments. So, I don't know what he needs to apologise to me, as a fan, for or what I need to forgive him for, or what might be an issue for him returning, etc.

I like the idea of him continuing with us because:
-I like seeing him move up the longest serving manager table
-I (mostly) like the football we play under him, and see it improve with every season
-He seems to be important in tempting players here, and I don't know if that would be the same with his replacement
-It seems like the suspension is being assumed to revolve around tony, barber, and gus. I like the idea that the three of them can discuss things and sort their problems out. Give peace a chance, man.
-change = uncertainty I don't like that.
-this whole situation could be turned into something that pushes the team on, like siege mentality type-thing.

Unsure because
-One or more of any reason or reasons he was suspended could continue to be an issue, maybe a bond is broken, maybe trust in
-What if it can't be turned into something that pushes the team on? What if it makes the team less likely to go out and fight for gus, if they're concerned he's just going to leave next month, or the month after
-what if gus comes back castrated, some how a compromise he made takes an edge off him (like when people talk about taking the aggression out of a troublesome footballer's game), or simply stung by the club so loses something.
-I'd not look forward to some of our more delicate fans getting ready to take offence and the slightest thing he does wrong, with added venom
-I'd not look forward to the shorted grace period he'd have during runs of poor form

Generally I'd be pleased the whole situation was behind us, and would look ahead to the next season, albeit with a note of caution, aware of possible negative reactions from all corners (gus, players, the club, or fans), and with the idea of gus leaving more of a possibility after this all than it felt back before it all kicked off.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
The simple fact is that Poyet and the board fell out several months ago and the board now want to get rid of him (they were desperate for him to get the Reading job!) so any idea of kissing and making up is total pie in the sky!!

Very liberal use of the word "fact"...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
If Poyet stayed now I'd feel like this:shit:
Everyone you speak to on the street says I hope that he ****s off
But on the good ol NSC it's like oh we love you Gus come back Gus whatever you've said or done in the past we still love you Gus coz there's no other managers in the world that could do a better job than you Gus
What a load of bollocks
:shutup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I want him to stay, but he'll be on a pretty short leash the next time his toys come out, and they surely will.
I think then I'd happily drive Gus and his little friends up the road and tell them, even at palace they've still found a club with more class, than they have!

In an ideal world that won't happen and we'll all live happily ever after.

TEAM TONY.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If Poyet stayed now I'd feel like this:shit:
Everyone you speak to on the street says I hope that he ****s off
But on the good ol NSC it's like oh we love you Gus come back Gus whatever you've said or done in the past we still love you Gus coz there's no other managers in the world that could do a better job than you Gus
What a load of bollocks
:shutup:

You speak to everyone on the street?
Most people I know at work, where I live & meet socially have hoped that it would work out with Poyet & the club.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yes?No?Maybe? Dunno
Just think the relationship between Gus and the club/TB/board/fans can never be the same again,so best for all if he goes.(As long as it doesn't cost the club)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I simply don't see this situation working out. To succeed we need Gus to attract quality players to this club, and he clearly isn't fully committed in that regard himself.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, for this to happen the disciplinary process will have finished. The coaching team will no doubt have had a warning about future behaviour. (though this will, of course, not be announced).

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
IF Poyet stays on, things will never be the same.

Before all of this he had the backing of easily 90% of the fans even if we were in a rough patch.

Now, if we lose a couple of games, I could imagine boo's coming from the stands and it wouldn't be long before "Poyet out" chants would start.

He's lost a fantastic opportunity with us. He had our full backing and respect and he's blown it. Onwards and upwards.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
You speak to everyone on the street?
Most people I know at work, where I live & meet socially have hoped that it would work out with Poyet & the club.

I tend to agree.

Put another way - I think many punters would prefer if this matter hadn't happened but still hope that it gets sorted in a constructive way and we move forward with Gus, albeit on a shorter leash. Our momentum is still very good. I'm mindful there would be no guarantees that a change of regime would automatically take us to the next level.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I will be glad to see the back of him.

Had enough of him wanting to manage this club, that club, and more.

And he got mugged by that scroat Holloway in the tactics department.

TB

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope as I have all along that he stays but to get a true picture of the fans reaction it must be said that nobody knows categorically why the 3 were suspended. If we did perhaps we would have a better idea on the likelihood of him/therm staying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here