Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club and Poyet kiss and make up...

How will you feel if the club and Poyet kiss and make up?

• Happy - I trust Bloom and the project continues.

Votes: 307 58.7%
  • Unhappy - Poyet's shown his hand and will do so again sooner rather than later.

Votes: 140 26.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 76 14.5%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Happy - In that I totally trust Tony, and if that's what he wants then that's good enough for me.

BUT...

I have reservations about Gus. Massive ones.

As a minimum surely Tony would expect Gus to abandon his media touting for other jobs and public lack of respect for BHAFC ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think i might be unhappy. i've felt, after the ceiling comment, that his time here had drawn to a close. i've always understood and defended his self-promoting, but when he kocked the club that was going a step too far, considering that we gave him the opportunity to do it his way and clearly have the serious and realistic aspiration to play in the Premiership.

but i dont know who'd take on the project and pick it up quickly enough for us to avoid going backwards, so it wouldnt be unwelcome. just the love has gone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
65% seem to be a majority in favour at the moment. If Tony Bloom has worked out a solution, Barber won't be able to stop it.

Yes, but there is no option for Trust Tony, but not really happy with Gus ( unless that counts as the all-catching fence :lolol:)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Happy - In that I totally trust Tony, and if that's what he wants then that's good enough for me.

BUT...

I have reservations about Gus. Massive ones.

As a minimum surely Tony would expect Gus to abandon his media touting for other jobs and public lack of respect for BHAFC ???

That's your perception of his handling of the media, which some people share, but I've never felt that he disrespected the club.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't think it matters whether you think Gus is a managerial god or a useless buffoon, this scenario would end disastrously. He has shown he doesn't want to be here and I suspect that we effectively threw that second leg against Palace because his mind was already on other matters. And from his point of view, he's been publicly suspended and investigated by his employer for several weeks. It would be a disaster. There is no other way of putting it. Either we would start next season badly and everyone would be on his back, or we would do well and he'd be looking at the first EPL vacancy.

Possibly. Even Probably. But as a Club we are between a rock and a hard place at the moment. We have a lot of Gus's players for example. If Tony thinks it can work - let's give it a go.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'd be very pleased. Momentum and consistency. Whatever your opinion of Gus, we finished 4th this season. He assembled and coached a team that, with a couple more wins from draws would've seen automatic promotion.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Fence - Im not happy with Gus' actions, but if Tony keeps him then so be it but Gus is going to have to grind out some good results to prevent losing his job, a poor period could cost him his job.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Unhappy. I'd started to become excited at the thought of Ulloa and CMS playing upfront at the same time.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
In Tony I trust. If its good enough for Mr Bloom, i support it. How could anyone say otherwise? They would be second guessing a decision made by Tony baring in mind we know next to no facts about what really went on.

I would only hope that Gus would then learn whatever lessons he needs to moving forward.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Indeed... and I predict that if it is confirmed that Gus is staying, Barber will be gone soon after.

Be it Barber or another CEO, there will always have been that figure, under FFP, that has to control costs quite aggressively at the club. You get the feeling Gus will always dislike this figure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here