Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club and Poyet kiss and make up...

How will you feel if the club and Poyet kiss and make up?

• Happy - I trust Bloom and the project continues.

Votes: 307 58.7%
  • Unhappy - Poyet's shown his hand and will do so again sooner rather than later.

Votes: 140 26.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 76 14.5%

• Total voters

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Not a good idea, too much seems to have happened, too much time has passed.

It would just be a matter of waiting for one party to knife the other at the earliest opportunity

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I dunno, I'm such a tart. It's a bit like having to forgive your other half if they've admitted to having an affair. In the immediate aftermath of the Palace debacle with Poyet's crass statement about hitting ceilings or whatever (and yes I know he'd said similar but feelings were running high) I wanted him to **** right off. I've calmed down a bit now and if it were to happen ..... well I don't think I'd ever feel the same way about him and he'd definitely be on probation - but there are a LOT worse managers we could have.

So, it's a 'fence' from me, but that's a softening of my ' he can **** right off' view of a week ago. Still probably against but it's marginal now.

But if he DID come back I NEVER EVER want to hear him say again about how much he wants to manage someone else. Rather I want him to acknowledge that he's got one of the best gigs in football that an untried manager could have possibly got for his first job.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Poyet's shown his hand and will do so again sooner rather than later.

Time to move on to another chapter now.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As the question suggests, if Gus were to stay, it would be because Mr Bloom thinks it will work, and he is no fool.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would be delighted. Best Albion manager I have ever known. Why would anyone chose to lose him?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Id be very worried about next season. The players know what's gone on and a large section of the crowd for the first time would be anti Poyet .And he is like a spoilt child at the best of times...It would end in tears.Get shot now.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
IF there is irreparable damage in the Poyet/Bloom relationship I can't see a bright future.
I think things have been frosty since the chat with Reading. (can I say that?)

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I think if this was to happen it would be because Gus doesn't want to go and he hasn't done enough to warrant dismissal. So not ideal Bloom having to keep a manager he doesn't want.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Excited by the thought of a new manager , however what if that new guy can't deliver and we lose our talented players because of it , then we could be wondering what might have been. Happy to keep Gus as long as there is a massive public acknowledgement of his unrivaled love and respect for BHA and a little bit of humble pie consumption in the process.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Difficult to call at the moment as we don't actually know what gus and his team have done to warrant the suspensions. However I was far from happy with gus's post match comments. It just doesn't seem his heart is in it, so for that reason I wouldn't be happy if he is still in charge for next season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Happy. The foundations are laid, the walls are in place, building should continue to complete the job already started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here